Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default PSO vs PS0 Question

1. Are there section ID's?

2. Do names determine your character section ID?

3. Do section ID determine you rares available to your character?

4. Do lvl4 rare mags that require special feeding patterns exist like in PSO or do all mags get to level 4 in this one exp Rukmin, Nidra, ect.

5. Does the game even compare so far to the PSO experience?

Quote Originally Posted by jellitoe View Post
    1. Are there section ID's?
    Unfortunately, no.

2. Do names determine your character section ID?
    There are no section IDs, so no. On top of that, your name can be changed however many times you want.

3. Do section ID determine you rares available to your character?
    Once more, no.

4. Do lvl4 rare mags that require special feeding patterns exist like in PSO or do all mags get to level 4 in this one exp Rukmin, Nidra, ect.
    Yes. Depending on stats and certain levels your mag has various option for ''evolution''. I suggest you look it up in the Mag Feeding Guide also found in this forums.

5. Does the game even compare so far to the PSO experience?
    It does and it doesn't. ''Veterans'' enjoy the game, and they hate the game. Personal taste plays a BIG role here, but the main difference between the PSO experience and the PSZ experience is the limited amount of options on character creation. Real ''Die Hard'' fans might also be a tad disappointed (like me) that the game only has 3 difficulty modes, and none includes ''mutated monsters'' as the old PSO ep 1&2 did on Ultimate difficulty. for the rest it has all the ''standard limits'' for being an handheld game, instead of being played on a console.
    I hope these answers help =3

It did, Thanks. I little disapointed I guess, But I am still antsy to get it.

PSO2 & PSPortable2 Addict Amherst_Wind's Avatar

I think the problem is people wanted this to be PSO, but we already have a PSO game... PSO! I think PS Zero is a fine Phantasy Star game, sure it has aspects that are worse than PSO but it also has aspects that are much better. I love it (which is more than I can say for PSU).
    - - - - - - - PS Zero: Anna - - - - - -|- - - - - PS Portable: Amherst - - - - -

Actually I am glad they did away with the Section ID's, I did not like that alot of the good weapons for my class were not available to my character becuase of the name I choose. But becuase times have passed I expected a better game than PSO, just that it have some of the elements that made PSO great. What I am really looking foward is to the online experience that PSO gave, the community, was fun and great. I kinda am hoping that at least that part is fun.
    Still tho, PSO was hard to let go, great game.

actually, changing your name thing, you cant change your character's name as many times as you want. only your display name for wifi with friends.

Quote Originally Posted by xSHiNOx View Post
    actually, changing your name thing, you cant change your character's name as many times as you want. only your display name for wifi with friends.
    Actually, I'm pretty sure you can change you characters name as many times as you want.

Just go to the customise character option after you select your character. Once you have made any or no changes to your outfit/hair etc you can change your name

Quote Originally Posted by jellitoe View Post
    What I am really looking foward is to the online experience that PSO gave, the community, was fun and great.
    You'll be sorely disappointed there. The PSZ online experience doesn't come anywhere even remotely close to that of PSO.

I'm just happy its no where near as close to being PSU...

I love PSO to death, and I'm pretty happy with the game. I mean... its on a DS, which isn't the most powerful system out there, so some things simply couldn't be included. I'm hoping there will be a PS0-2 released on the Wii or DS again though... hopefully they could fit some more content with these new 2GB DS carts I've heard about

I'm pretty happy with it, too. If this game was put on for example Wii and had the graphics fully fleshed out with the power of that system, some elevation put into the terrain, som lobbies and better ability to make shortcuts, I think most people would accept this as PSO2 and be in heaven.