Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Well, thank god for that.

I'm really enjoying the JP version, but fumbling around in a language you don't understand really does put a limit on the enjoyment.
    Phantasy Star Zero; bringing my favourite game to my favourite console.

bet you it will come out on 9/9/09

but damn, nice that it is coming out. looks like i will rename my save file =]

I should also point out that it's also coming out in Europe this winter.

http://www.sega.com/news/?t=EnglishUSA&n=2849

I know that it says that it's talking about the US AND EU releases, and then states that "it will be released winter 2009", but the top says that the news is intended for EU audiences, so yeah.

(This was posted on the main page, but I'm posting this here just in case if people missed it.)
    Blue Blue Glass Moon, Under the Crimson Air
    PSŲ (JP): ジェネヴィヴ (Lv.58 HUnewearl) :: Dahlia (Lv.26 FOmarl) :: X-MASS (Lv.06 HUcaseal)
    PSŲ (US): Potpourri (Lv.00 FOnewearl) :: Adelina (Lv.00 RAmarl) :: Brynhildr (Lv.00 RAcaseal)

Nice can't wait for this ;o, but dam those snails always doing the post & packaging for games like this >;[.

I hope by that time its out, that the Japanese version of PS0 will have a English language set (I wish ;3)....

2 new Phantasy Star games in one year, one near the beginning and one near the end. Makes sense to me.

Can't wait for name translations

Now for Sarisa, will you be Salisa, or Sarisa, or an entirely new name. Oh Sega

I think it would be funny (but not good) if they pulled a Card Captors or a Capcom and name her Madison. j/k

Then name Ogi as Kai.
    Then name Kai as Rikuo.
    Sarisa, now known as Sara or Lisa, will be given to some other prominent female role.

Then we get to have all that Capcom fun again where we have to put "US or JPN" in these "()" after each of these names so we know which character we're talking about. Because with Capcom, we love switching the name of another existing character with another character and then inventing new names for the characters we switched names from. It's great to add to the conf---er---FUN of talking about them.

"Man! That Vega is cheap with all that Psycho Crusher stuff and that godly priority!!!"
    "What are you talking about?! He doesn't have the Psycho Crusher, he has claws and a mask, and loves to hit you once and then spend all day climbing the walls invulnerable to attack!!!"
    "No stupid! That's Balrog!!"
    "The boxer?!"

Last edited by Akaimizu; Jan 9, 2009 at 04:31 PM.

The Artist Formerly Known As... Something Else SammaeltheDark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Akaimizu View Post
    "Man! That Vega is cheap with all that Psycho Crusher stuff and that godly priority!!!"
    "What are you talking about?! He doesn't have the Psycho Crusher, he has claws and a mask, and loves to hit you once and then spend all day climbing the walls invulnerable to attack!!!"
    "No stupid! That's Balrog!!"
    "The boxer?!"
    That's why most players call them dictator, claw, boxer, and Sagat

A lot of weapons in PSZ have pretty funky names that I can't tell if they're made up or tied to some mythical/historical weapon.. I can't wait to see those localizations more than the character/place names

They'll probably remove all the sexual stuff in the game, though.

Like the whore on the right in the first part of the town area thingy (In the back), the octopus vs. Sarisa, Kai groping Sarisa, etc.
    Blue Blue Glass Moon, Under the Crimson Air
    PSŲ (JP): ジェネヴィヴ (Lv.58 HUnewearl) :: Dahlia (Lv.26 FOmarl) :: X-MASS (Lv.06 HUcaseal)
    PSŲ (US): Potpourri (Lv.00 FOnewearl) :: Adelina (Lv.00 RAmarl) :: Brynhildr (Lv.00 RAcaseal)

Quote Originally Posted by SammaeltheDark View Post
    That's why most players call them dictator, claw, boxer, and Sagat

A lot of weapons in PSZ have pretty funky names that I can't tell if they're made up or tied to some mythical/historical weapon.. I can't wait to see those localizations more than the character/place names
    Funny enough. I've never seen players call them by that. Even on the Shoryuken forums, I see names instead of claw, dictator, boxer, etc.