Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Purpose of the "c" weapons?

C apparently stands for crap. Ank Dedda has an attack of 1383 (or something like that) but Ank Deddac's attack drops to something like 480 AND has a higher requirement. it's the same with most weapons ending in c, they're all garbage. So what am I missing here? Are there just crappy weapons just to be crappy weapons or is there some hidden gem that's like JP only I don't know about?

levelling PAs...it deals less damage?

And if you don't like them, don't use them? Why bother bringing this up?

Kubara weapons are knockoffs, so they aren't as good as the original (mostly, have a look at Cometarac). They have a black texture and no brand names on them, so they are a novelty and just look better to some people. You know, people that aren't all about "big numbers" all the time.

Since Kubara knockoffs also lose one star, you should compare them to that original, not the one it knocks off.

Edit: Kubara weapons also lose some restrictions, like element. So if you want a non fire crimson, crimsic is the way to go.

I'd assume the C stands for Copy, since all the Kubara copied weapons follow this scheme. And their purpose is probably to get a certain weapon without getting the proper Walnas? Some also like the black look over the weapon's normal design. There's a lot of reasons but the most obvious one would be "It's an option we've got".

And yeah, in some cases they make for some pretty good PA-levelling weapons, and in others they're just an acceptable alternative to having nothing at all.
    Insert signature that details my numerous PSO2 characters and years of various PSO-related gaming experience here.

The Magnanimous Guardian Magician's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Karazykid View Post
    C apparently stands for crap. Ank Dedda has an attack of 1383 (or something like that) but Ank Deddac's attack drops to something like 480 AND has a higher requirement. it's the same with most weapons ending in c, they're all garbage. So what am I missing here? Are there just crappy weapons just to be crappy weapons or is there some hidden gem that's like JP only I don't know about?
    The kubara "copy" versions of the tenora, yohmei and GRM weapons often have more PP. So they're good choices when leveling photon arts; with melee weapons, with the deddac's lower atp you're killing mobs slower than you would with a dedda. As a low level character, you could argue that exp is more important than leveling arts. But if you're a level 150-160 character looking to level arts for a class you've barely played, leveling arts is more important than killing at max speed.

The guns usually go in reverse of the melee weapons having higher attack and less pp. They however loose the cool bullet effect which to me at least makes them less appealing except for the love infernoc because I hate the normal guns bullet effect. The true reason most of these weapons are in the game though is that it was easier for sega to reskin all the weapons black then to make new ones.
    QQ MORE BAI
    Fortegunners do use rifles

Many - but not all - Kubara versions also end up being better than their 'genuine' counterparts when fully upgraded, if not in ATP then in PP.

They are also easier and cheaper to synth, since Kubara Wood is much easier to come by than, say, Walna. Granted the success rate generally take a hit as well.
    =Smidge=

Not like they advertise, but it does allow Sega to say that there are a lot more weapons in the game to find than there really is.

I still use Kubara force and range weapons for their high PP with frag PAs that have a high expenditure. This is especially important for the master classes..too bad fight master can't take advantage of that.
    Cheating is just an admission of personal inadequacy.