Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Elitists in psu are the worst because theres no need to min/max in this game at all.
    I'm straight, so what?

Not to add most of the elitists (not elites) I've met on PSU are shitting their pants if they don't have their full stack of Scapes on them when they start an easy mission.
    Come on, you have to be a blatantly bad player if you manage to die in any White Beast full party.

There is a fine line between being elite and being an elitist. The elitist will only settle for a 50%. This is because they don't actually care about the actual game as much as they care about a reputation and their own self worth. Being elite would mean that you have obtained weapons 42% and above, but you play to have fun, and don't mind being on top, or below it weather you have 50%'s or not.

IMO, being elite is what this game should be based off of or at least working to the point to be elite while still playing the game like a game, and not a stock market. But lately it seems as though all the people who used to play for fun, have turned elitist. (Ex. would be people switching from beast to cast just because of paradi and the ability to run a mission 30 seconds to 1 minute faster. >.>)

Anyways, no i do not feel that someone with 50%'s is more of an elite player, but more of a person whose gotten luckier than others, and takes advantage of the economy. (Ex. Failing Dori's and such for Paural)
    "Blade" M Beast Fighmaster of "Ten Star V" from Xbox 360 PSU.

http://www.youtube.com/user/xBladeM6x

True, I'm sorry I've misused the word "Elitist". I used it according to other people perspective of it and felt like it was valid to use it in that way. Plus, I've gotten a bit off topic on my reasons of proclaiming said "Elitist" as an elitist.
    Last edited by Vanzazikon; Jan 15, 2009 at 02:10 PM.

I havenīt really run into those "Elitist" much, but...there is nothing more irritating then people telling me how one should play or not.

I mean, we all play to have fun. Sure i can take advice, but donīt make it a law.
    [PSO2] Darkante: Cast HU-44/RA-43/FI-42/GU-30
    Astral Storm: Newman F HU-35
    [PSP2:I]
    RB3 - Dark Knight "Ante" : Cast M Lv 200/ JLv Hu50/Ra50/F30/Va46
    RB3 - Crimson Sky: Beast F Lv 174/ JLv Hu34/Ra18/Fo1/Va50
    RB0 - Zone Dynamite: Beast M Lv 76/ JLv Hu0/Ra7/Fo0/Va0

Meh. As I said in the other topic:

If min-maxing was the sole point of the game, it would make more sense for ST to not even waste time designing different-looking weapons. Everything would look the same, from 1* to the best. On the flip side, if customization was all that mattered, why even bother coming up with character levels and all those numbers, and attempting to balance them. Just making enemies die after a certain number of hits, regardless of the weapon, would be a lot quicker and easier to balance.

I just prefer to play how I play, and not get in the way of people who think differently (part of why I mostly play games - all games - offline: they, especially the elitists, have a nasty habit of getting in my way).
    Last edited by rogue_robot; Jan 15, 2009 at 12:31 PM. Reason: forgot conclusion... d'oh!

Quote Originally Posted by rogue_robot View Post
    If min-maxing was the sole point of the game, it would make more sense for ST to not even waste time designing different-looking weapons. Everything would look the same, from 1* to the best. On the flip side, if customization was all that mattered, why even bother coming up with character levels and all those numbers, and attempting to balance them. Just making enemies die after a certain number of hits, regardless of the weapon, would be a lot quicker and easier to balance.
    Judging from what you put in this thread, I feel you didn't read my first post, this thread has nothing to do with what ST did to PSU/PSO. I'm ranting about people who thinks that others who doesn't follow their expectations or ideas are inferior to them.

Now for what you posted in Aorre's thread:

Quote Originally Posted by rogue_robot View Post
    Both sides just have to learn to accept the others' play styles and get over themselves.
    So, you're saying I should accept what he's saying is right. That I should give in to his opinion and change my playing style because he says so? You should know, Aorre's thread isn't contradicting what I said in this thread, if you had read mine, you're telling me to agree to what someone is enforcing on me and other people just because they think it's right. They feel that we are inferior and we should give in to their pride or reputation. Heh, Sorry, but I don't think so.
    Last edited by Vanzazikon; Jan 15, 2009 at 02:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanzazikon View Post
    True, I'm sorry I've misused the word "Elitist". I used it according to other people perspective of it and felt like it was valid to use it in that way. Plus, I've gotten a bit off topic on my reasons of proclaiming said "Elitist" as an elitist.
    As I said before, I'm equally as annoyed by the people that use the word in the wrong context. You're an elitist, I'm an elitist, this rock here is an elitist... It reminds me of people that use the word "emo" as an insult for everything. Yeah, the context can change from person to person, but I assume that the person that uses that kind of insult lacks the vocabulary to come up with anything better. This isn't pointed at you because I wasn't offended by your post, and you're being nice and making a note about the difference between an elitist and an elite.

But by the correct definition, elitism is a synonym for snobbery, and an elitist is a snob. An elite is simply just the best. An elitist thinks they're the best and puts everyone else down because they're not. That's the difference.

I'm not trying to be a bitch about the English language here, and I'm not usually picky about this kind of thing. I just have a problem with people that call people elitists for playing with the same people or having nice things. Why insult people for playing the way they want to as long as they aren't looking down on the way you play (i.e. saying you suck) -- even if it's the efficient, antisocial, or lucky way? Again, this is not pointed at you.

I wish we could all just get along!
    Last edited by Kylie; Jan 15, 2009 at 02:56 PM.

PSO2: Kylie.HUnewearl.Sh02

Locking this thread as well. Don't want any of the backflow from the other thread to come here. Much like the other thread, the valid points have been spoken.

Hunters Guild Group
    Alex - BrHu | Satsuki - RaGu | Keiko - SuTe