Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default What was Phantasy Star 3 like?

The first Phantasy Star game I ever played, and it was like 9-10 years ago (bootlegged onto a computer).

I forgot what it's like, but who here still plays it?

It's really an under-presented game, containing, in my opinion, both the best and worst of the series. It had the best graphics, with the worst animation, some of the best music, with some of the best music, and if the story had been more thoroughly articulated, it could have been one of the most interesting, given that taking different routes through the game shows you how the world goes differently based on your choices. It was rife with multiple NPCs that say the exact same thing, where they could've been divulging different details to flesh out the nature of the game's world.

Simply enough, it was a game with a great deal of potential, that unfortunately didn't live up to what it could have been.

Go team ph4il! 02/07/2016

Quote Originally Posted by HUnewearl_Meira View Post
    It's really an under-presented game, containing, in my opinion, both the best and worst of the series. It had the best graphics, with the worst animation, some of the best music, with some of the best music, and if the story had been more thoroughly articulated, it could have been one of the most interesting, given that taking different routes through the game shows you how the world goes differently based on your choices. It was rife with multiple NPCs that say the exact same thing, where they could've been divulging different details to flesh out the nature of the game's world.

Simply enough, it was a game with a great deal of potential, that unfortunately didn't live up to what it could have been.
    I was going to say the exact same thing. That pretty much sums it up. Shame no one's planning on remaking that one.

There was a fan-project remake of the game, a while back, but as far as I know, as with most fan-projects of the sort, it just faded off into obscurity.

Go team ph4il! 02/07/2016

PSIII has a revolutionary generations system and great story, and different branches of
    generations and story situations depending on the married couple result of the previous
    generation. and its the only PS to have multiple endings. It's also the only classic PS game
    to support a party of 5 characters.

and even ifs field music is revolutionary, the overworld theme starts simple with only
    1 character, but as people join the party, the theme becomes more and more epic!!!!!!

ya its gameplay faults kind of make it hard to get into, but the character designs make up
    for it.

Yeah. Out of pretty much all the original Phantasy Star games, this one seems to have the most controversy. You'll see people say it's one of the best, and yet find a similar number of people saying it was one of the worst.

As far as I can tell, it must've been the oddball of the series, whether for good or bad (or both at the same time). I would say it is 3 like Halloween 3; but I'd be wrong. Pretty much everybody agrees (like it or not) that Halloween 3 was Halloween if you take out Michael, and put in a lot of drug influence. This one clearly kind of splits the fanbase.

Well, considering the fantastic job done on animation in PS2, it was a huge setback to see the animations in PS3, to be honest. That is my main gripe with the game. Other than that, it was a really good game as far as I am concerned.

I actually enjoyed the game back in the day and I believe it was the most I ever spent on a NEW video-game, it's retail ws $79.99 everywhere I went. I liked the Generations and the endings... I had to get them all

It's like the red-headed stepchild of the PS Sereis. It seems to have taken a step back from II in many ways, but strangely, I can tolerate it more than II. A big turnoff was just the overall lack of dialogue between characters (same problem with II) But the battles are fast moving, and that's one thing I definitely like about it.

Well... guise....

I really Dislike this game.... I didn't like the music, gfx, or battle, HUD. I cant say for story cuz the thing i mention before that made me want to turn it off. If there is a remake I would totally play it lol. I don't think this live up to PS1... But I can't blame it... since Sonic team wasn't there.
    Duck Tales
    # of Members: 45

Requirement to join Duck Tales - If I like the cut of your Jib jk its free for all
    wait no i mean free for all