Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 16232425262728 LastLast

I dont see what the problem is. If people can pay for it, then woo to them. Xbox does the same thing with a lot of DLC. <__< quit yo whining. I think the bitter ones are the poor ones, sorry you cant afford to buy the tickets.

The Magnanimous Guardian Magician's Avatar

For the precious items (such as Ely Sion, Edel Fucil & Edel Arrow) you had better believe that I'll be using the guaranteed grind via gc to get it to an 8/10 or better.

"Very high" chance of success for an S+10 on a one-time item? No thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Magician View Post
    For the precious items (such as Ely Sion, Edel Fucil & Edel Arrow) you had better believe that I'll be using the guaranteed grind via gc to get it to an 8/10 or better.

"Very high" chance of success for an S+10 on a one-time item? No thank you.

I wonder how much it will cost.

It's not a matter of not having the money. It's a matter of wanting to spend real money on fake items that will disappear when the servers are shut down.

but by all means do so if you feel the need

Quote Originally Posted by Cracka_J View Post
    It's a matter of wanting to spend real money on fake items that will disappear when the servers are shut down.
    You just described every online game that charges a monthly fee.

I guess it could also apply to the Stock Market, or Gambling.

Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    I dont see what the problem is. If people can pay for it, then woo to them. Xbox does the same thing with a lot of DLC. <__< quit yo whining. I think the bitter ones are the poor ones, sorry you cant afford to buy the tickets.
    Increasing the numbers on my pixelized weapons can hardly be considered DLC, or something even remotely close to it. Also, you don't repurchase the DLC every time you go to use it: it's a one time deal.

And you can't possibly be shallow enough to use the "you must be poor" argument. Honestly now, that's just flamebaiting. Anyone here who can't afford more than the $10 subscription probably shouldn't be (and isn't) paying for it in the first place.

It's not a matter of not having the money. It's a matter of wanting to spend real money on fake items that will disappear when the servers are shut down.
    Materialists! If you can count virtual pieces of code as something you own that is. But I guess so, you can steal software. Well you're paying a monthly fee to play PSU too, aren't you basically doing the same as buying items from the cash shop? Your characters disappear too when the servers shut down.
    I don't get people. Never have. Never will.
    PSO2: Account Name: VentAileron, Character: ラフィーナ (Raffina)

Monthly fee?
    I paid monthly fees to access the server and play the game.

Dunno what you guys paid yours for.

I'm just wondering now if anyone besides me is thinking SEGA has planned to suicide the game this way, and make money off it's death at the same time.

I mean from a marketing standpoint it's almost epic. You have a product that you know is on the verge of dying, people are leaving on a daily basis. How can you still make money and have a small playerbase at the same time? *LIGHTBULB GOES ON* CASHSHOP.

Really, what do they have to provide for the players that are left? A few new items now and then that take a 3d artist maybe 30 minutes to model/map, and release them into the cash shop every few weeks? They will be obtaining real money by altering stats that already exist in-game. Manipulating weapon or armor %'s. That shit is even easier because it's all there already...no extra models/sound effects/graphics needed. They will be making instant money off of those obsessed with how things look and the stats (wow isn't that like 100% of any mmo community right there?).

All I'm saying is people sticking with PSU really need to take a long hard look at what it's planned to become. Take all the factors in and make the best decision for yourself, your time, your enjoyment, and the money you will be spending. If you still believe your fun/enjoyment for the game will outweigh the negative, stick with it and have a blast with the game. I did the exact same thing and determined that PSU isn't for me anymore, which is solely my choice/opinion. Like I said, at least take in all the factors and make a logical choice for yourself, whatever the outcome may be.
    This.

I mean, its quite obvious what Sega is doing now. Your game is failing, people are quitting their subscriptions and you add....a cashshop?

Cashshops are for one thing and one thing ONLY in MMORPGs -- easy profit. If you know your players want Costumes, why should you add new ones in there for free? Get the 3D Modeler to do a new outfit, get an artist to do a quick texture for it, and boom -- $5 charged in cash shop. Subscriptions are only $10 a month, so if they can get us to fork over anything extra, its making them extremely happy.

The way i see it, they added this cash shop for 2 reasons. First, so they can try and offset the money lost from canceled subscriptions with cashshop buys, and Second to get PAID for being fucking lazy. Getting paid for absolutely nothing. Grinding Boosts? Line Sheild %age increases? Temporary access to missions that already exist? This what you deal with when you're playing some Free-To-Play bullshit game where the developers can easily slide with it because they can always say "Its free, quit if you want." They quit trying to increase the population with fun events and content, and now are going to milk the remains for all its worth.

...But Sega has been effing its community over since the damn game launched. Unlocking content off of discs, limiting level caps, releasing items at horribly slow intervals...its robbery, really. If this game was FUN we could let it slide, but its becoming increasingly obvious they are trying their hardest to not have to try.

So, current PSU'ers, when you start getting charged for unreleased weapons and missions (that are already on the disc), content from PS Portable (that should have been released on our game when it released, it uses the exact, EXACT same fucking engine. Are there even any new maps in that game? Any new AI even?), and crap like that, you can start to ask yourself why you're still supporting this game.

P.S.

BTW just to verify that sega has taken the road to absolute bullshittery, who wants to bet money on the fact that something in this new "Combat System Upgrade" will involve them incorporating features into the game that are cash-shop reliant? If sega resorts to the Korean MMO method of getting paid, then all is lost on us.
    Last edited by RemiusTA; Feb 12, 2009 at 04:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by desturel View Post
    You just described every online game that charges a monthly fee.

I guess it could also apply to the Stock Market, or Gambling.
    It could also be applyed to going/renting movies, going to a strip club, going to an amusment parks, and etc.. You don't get to keep all those things either, they are just for entertainment. I don't see anything wrong if people want to spend a little more money to enhance there entertainment in the game. The CS stuff is going to be optional, knowone is going to be force to buy it. Hopefully they will release more free contant too.