Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    All the more reason to get my gaming PC fixed. Except for this:

This can go, we don't need this. Everyone's a subscriber, you don't need to double ding us with this junk. Take it away.

This sounds like what they did in Hellgate: London and you know what happened to Hellgate: London.

They did it first in Everquest, and Everquest is still an active MMORPG.
    (Dead server) :: Angra Mainyu : Ahura Mazda : Arbalest : Fischerspooner :: PSUpedia & Forums

KeyBoard Puncher~

Its what they did in FFXI too, and that game is still very active.

Maybe buying things that don't exist will help the economy D:

..seriously though this sounds like a primer for the last expansion which is pretty exciting.

It reminds me of when just before AOTI came out and they threw in some partial upgrades as a teaser..

PS I can't imagine the 'tickets' making the trip to the US/360 camp. It just sounds too...gimmicky
    Last edited by DAMASCUS; Jan 22, 2009 at 01:55 AM.
    Cheating is just an admission of personal inadequacy.

Quote Originally Posted by beatrixkiddo View Post
    They did it first in Everquest, and Everquest is still an active MMORPG.
    Which one, the level or the tickets, or both? I haven't played FFXI or Everquest in years so I'm not familiar with how they deal with things.

Hearty Official Member Chuck_Norris's Avatar

(Most of) the things on this list looks awesome. I only hope PS3 is able to get that PC only stuff too. ._.

everything sounds great except for the psu tickets thing. depending on how they handle that, i may consider quitting the game.
    Quit PSO2

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Which one, the level or the tickets, or both? I haven't played FFXI or Everquest in years so I'm not familiar with how they deal with things.

The points. Everquest had a system called Alternate Advancement. Once you hit level 51 (this was when 60 was the cap, iirc). You could set a percentage of your exp to be filtered into the Alternate Advancement pool. When you got enough in that bar, you levelled up and got an AA point. You could spend these on enhancements. Of course, once you reached the cap, ALL of your exp would be going in there.
    (Dead server) :: Angra Mainyu : Ahura Mazda : Arbalest : Fischerspooner :: PSUpedia & Forums

well this MIGHT come out in 2011 if the US/EU servers are still up by then....And points? Arent the classes strong enough?

Quote Originally Posted by EspioKaos View Post
    http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/news/update/

This spring, a massive update will be hitting the JP version of Ambition of the Illuminus. It will be released for the PC version as a free downloadable patch. (The PS2 will not be left out entirely, as certain aspects of the update will carry over. However it is noted that the PC version is the targeted platform for these modifications.) New items will be added, balance adjustments will be made and there will also be a new growth system.

New items
    * Many new weapons from PSP will be released, some of which you can see at the link above.

Battle system adjustments
    * Photon art balances will be made.
    * Type and race adjustments will be made.
    * SUV weapons will be balanced.
    * Just counter (exact counter) will be adjusted to make you invincible during the counter.

Character ability customization
    * Characters which have reached the level cap will be able to turn excess EXP into "points."
    * These points can then be used to customize a character's abilities.

Room function additions
    * Common box functions will be expanded upon.
    * Item transfer between entrances (JP only)

Interface function additions
    * The ability to protect items that are dear to you will be added so that you can't accidentally sell them off.
    * Online status function additions will be made.
    * Chat commands will be added along with line shield modifications.

Mission conditions
    * More varied missions will be added, such as those that are limited to particular levels and character types.

Billing system additions
    * "PSU Tickets" will be sold that will allow players to gain even more new content such as exclusive missions, weapons and line shield strengthening.
    I hope the 360 gets this too but... I doubt it...

honestly, i think more details & specifics are needed to fully grasp the extent of this update, even for PSP new weps addition can't tell if all of them will be transfered or only some will. Too bad just counter can't be fully controlled unlike just attack, it's more like random button mashing to make it happen accidentally.. :/