Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by beatrixkiddo View Post
    The points. Everquest had a system called Alternate Advancement. Once you hit level 51 (this was when 60 was the cap, iirc). You could set a percentage of your exp to be filtered into the Alternate Advancement pool. When you got enough in that bar, you levelled up and got an AA point. You could spend these on enhancements. Of course, once you reached the cap, ALL of your exp would be going in there.
    That's not too horrible. In HG:L you could do something similar but a lot of people had the feeling that it was just something to do instead of raising the low level cap. My main beef with this news (though it's fairly early to be having beefs with news) is the ticket shop.

Quote Originally Posted by LuigiMario View Post
    Is JP's PSO still up and running(updates included)?
    Yes. There are events and the main page is regularly updated but I don't think there will be many more updates, if any.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsock View Post
    Hopefully this means you can add extra stat points like how you could with materials in PSO for further customization instead of everyone being the same. Helloooooooo Newman Fighmasters.
    This brings up the question of limits. It's all too early to know much about this though.

Huh, awesome. Probably.

I wonder what the "class, type and photon art" adjustments are...but the "invincible during Just Counter" thing is already a big boost to any melee class with EVP. Like...any Human/Newman non-FF/FM melee class.

Merit points could either be really awesome (y helo thar reason to use capped mains) or utterly horrible. I'd rather it be unique but not overpowering stuff rather than just slight stat gains. Need to see more.

Cash shop is sorta disturbing...but the translation I'd seen so far seems like it's adding and changing attributes on weapons/armor, and accessing a special mission. Credit for the stuff below goes to Simonckli of the official PSU forums. Not sure where he got it from. >_>

Quote:
    ガーディアンズライセンス(サーバー利用権)のほかに、PSUチケット(仮)を販売いたします。PSUチケ ット(仮)を別途購入すると、専用ミッション、武器の強化、武器・シールドラインの属性変更、属性率アップ などゲーム内の様々なオプションサービスを利用することができます。PSUチケット(仮)は追加して購入す ることができ、貯めておくことが可能です。

Quote:
    I will sell the PSU ticket (temporary) besides guardian Zraisens (server use right). When the PSU ticket (temporary) is separately bought, a variety of option services in the game of a special mission, strengthening arms, the attribute change in arms and the shield line, and the attribute rate improvements, etc. can be used. The PSU ticket (temporary) can be bought by adding it, and can be saved.

This is bad, players can buy items that change their weapons or line shields' attribute rate and change elements .

What do you want to bet that the "special mission" is an alternate version of the rare missions, or something comparable? Basically, something to force-feed MP/Exp to a character.

"Strengthening arms" sounds like a grinder-auto-succeed, if I had to guess.

If it's "just" "leveling up fast" and "changing equips that you could change normally by grinding luck or hunting better stuff"...the cash shop won't be as horrible as it could be. Hopefully they'll stick to simply cheapening people's efforts, instead of completely obsoleting anyone who doesn't buy stuff. Still bad, but not as bad as I can imagine.

Edit: Those dual-saber-looking Twin electric guitars are awesome. @_@
    Last edited by Magus_84; Jan 22, 2009 at 07:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EspioKaos View Post
    Billing system additions
    *PSU Tickets will be sold that will allow players to gain even more new content such as exclusive missions, weapons and line shield strengthening.
    *FACEPALM*

A P2P MMO with a Cash Shop? What the FUCK?

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

Looks interesting. I'm a little skeptical of what they are going to do to PAs and SUVs though.

Hopefully the part about this update being "targeted for PC" means they are trying to phase out the cancer that is PS2. PS2 may have been what the game was initially designed for, but as we've seen with the new visual techs and other gameplay elements, PS2 has long outstayed it's welcome. Time to upgrade people.

The cash shop, imo, is utter fail though. If/when it is permanently announced that PSU will become not only a pay-to-play, but pay-to-have-the-best-gear, I think my time here will be done. I don't play any of those games like maple story, perfect world, whatever....and I have no intentions to. I think when we get more information on this game addition, and if the cash shop is what I think it is, it's sayanora time for J. Until then...

Random "Nice" Swordsman Calsetes's Avatar

With this "point customization" thing, this sounds a bit like what they do in Final Fantasy XI, where after hitting 75 with a job you can get "merits" or something like that to improve your stats and abilities. I think that'll be pretty cool (though it might further the "elitest" way of thinking with some people). And I've never been a huge fan of item shops, but I have been known to plunk literally a few dollars in one here or there. If there's something incredibly useful that doesn't wear out after 2 hours, then I'll gladly buy an item or two from it.
    Stupid, stupid rat creatures!

Quote Originally Posted by Magus_84 View Post
    Cash shop is sorta disturbing...but the translation I'd seen so far seems like it's adding and changing attributes on weapons/armor, and accessing a special mission. Credit for the stuff below goes to Simonckli of the official PSU forums. Not sure where he got it from. >_>

[I]Quote:
    ガーディアンズライセンス(サーバー利用権)のほかに、PSUチケット(仮)を販売いたします。PSUチケ ット(仮)を別途購入すると、専用ミッション、武器の強化、武器・シールドラインの属性変更、属性率アップ などゲーム内の様々なオプションサービスを利用することができます。PSUチケット(仮)は追加して購入す ることができ、貯めておくことが可能です。
    I've edited this into the main post now. The info about changing elements and percents with these tickets wasn't mentioned in the original text, so it seems they updated things a bit overnight. Originally, they had it where it was listed as "line shield strengthening," but their new wording makes things lot clearer.

This seems like a big end-game update, it also seems like a leet-ist dream. Some people will have no problem at all with paying $500 for a 50% Agito Repca. Fail Sega FAIL.
    Nothing is sacred. Not that it ever was.

The current state of the servers... Pray the changes they make are enough to revive the game...
    I don't need a signature pic, I would end up changing it all the time.

Random "Nice" Swordsman Calsetes's Avatar

True, but if someone's willing to pay $500 for a 50% Repca, then that shows how massively gargantuan their life outside Phantasy Star is (or more likely, their lack of said life). Still, I wouldn't mind shelling out..... let's say a buck or two to get a weapon up to 50%. That'd only cost me a total of about $12 to get a full 50% palette for my fortefighter.

Then again, this is me hoping for a best-case scenario. In all likelihood it will end up being a dollar per 10% increase, maybe even less......

Edit: That's about 2000-2200% more stars than the non-Japanese PC servers, which would be nice.
    Stupid, stupid rat creatures!