Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Customary AWESOME Title Solstis's Avatar

Clearly a typo.

I think he meant to say that the PS2 is the industry leader.

All they had to do was make a more powerful PS2. SeriouslywhatthehellSony.

Quote Originally Posted by amtalx View Post
    The "10 Year Cycle" that Sony always talks about is a bit of a misnomer. What they really mean is 10 years of support. The PS1 enjoyed about 10 years of active support. Its just that about half of that overlapped the PS2. The same thing is happening this generation. The PS2 is still going strong and we are 2-3 years into the current generation.
    Couldn't have said it better myself. The PS4 will be out long before the PS3's "10 Year Life Cycle" is up.

PS3 is awesome I would play that anyday, the 360 is ok also but since I dont have alot of online friends the PS3 is a better gaming console experience for me.

The system is really fun imo.

I love being a PC gamer, I don't have to deal with this petty console race bullshit. The talking heads from the console corners mean nothing to me.

Well, Nintendo did the smartest thing they could have done--capture the casual gamer. And by making it the most affordable, someone starting out with a gaming system is more likely to just get a Wii.

I definitely agree that the 360 and PS3 are in a totally different league than the Wii. I saw a lot of potential for the Wii but the games my friends and I are mostly into just aren't being sought out by Nintendo. We're also not particularly fond of the whole Remote-Nunchuk thing, I guess we're all old timers with controls.

I personally still think the 360 just got lucky. They had a year head start, developers said WTF @ the PS3's price and marketing (or lack thereof), and Nintendo always seems to take a different road than their competitors. Hence, the 360 is pretty much going to end up as the new PS2, if it hasn't already.

The sad thing about the PS3 is that it really is just BETTER than the other two consoles, but they poured too much technology into it which means if they lowered the price they'd lose even more money on sales, and they just keep saying "We haven't tapped the full potential of it yet! The beast isn't unleashed yet!"

Well they better hurry up.
    #1 International MAG+ TA Champion in PSU. Co-Founder of Royalz

Quote Originally Posted by zandra117 View Post
    Actually, those are just sequals with enhanced mechanics. There hasn't been a real new franchise for gamers from Nintendo since the N64.
    No More Heroes.

why is this still going on? a console already won the war its called the Wii. Even if you dont consider it a "real" console. It is so far the "sold out" console. so yeah Wii wins sorry guys.

I don't think this thread has to do anything with their competition, Just what Sony had said about their stand in it.

Quote Originally Posted by funnymatt View Post
    No More Heroes.
    That's, uh... that's not from Nintendo. Grasshopper Manufacture was the developer and Ubisoft was the publisher in the US.

Don't worry - there have been new Nintendo franchises since the N64 (Pikmin, Wii Sports/Play, Nintendogs, etc).