Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default More AOTI supplemental update info (Feb. 27, Famitsu)

http://www.g-heaven.net/pso/topics/090227b.html

Here's a little more info on the upcoming AOTI supplemental update from the latest issue of Famitsu Connect!On, courtesy of Shougai PSO. (Some of the info is being repeated from older sources, but I'll translate it all anyway for the sake of completeness.)

Items
    * Over 150 new weapons will be added with this update. And of those, over 100 will have new, unique graphics.

Events
    * Aside from their plans to accept new weapon designs for the weapon design contest, SonicTeam will also be accepting new clothing and parts designs.
    * The winners will have their designs added to the game.
    * As far as large-scale events go, they will continue to occur after this update hits, however no details have been released on what the next event will be.

GUARDIANS Cash
    * As we know, limitations will be put on how far you can increase the elemental attribute of a weapon or line shield. It seems that 40% may be that limit.
    * The price for GUARDIANS Cash missions has not been set.

GUARDIANS Advanced Style
    * This is the official name of the stat customization feature where a capped character can convert excess EXP into points that can be used toward increasing their ATP, TP, status effect resistance, etc.
    * Details are still scarce on the weapon/shield/extra style customization features, but it now seems that these customizations can be used only in supplemental update-exclusive missions. (This makes me believe that the customization offered here is not a stat customization, but more of a visual thing. Perhaps you can give your character unique animations with certain weapons?)

Missions with restrictions
    * Producer Sakai says that some of these new missions will be very close in style to PSO's challenge mode.
    * Character level restriction -- no details.
    * Type level restriction -- no details.
    * Weapon type restrictions -- only certain categories of weapons may be used. For example, a particular mission may make it where only twin sabers can be used for striking weapons, but all TECHNIC weapons are free-to-use. (Free-to-use based on type, at least. Don't expect to be able to use a weapon not associated with your Guardian type.)
    * TECHNIC restrictions -- particular TECHNICs are restricted from use in the mission.
    * Unit restriction -- certain line shield slots may be made unavailable for the missions. For example, a mission may allow only the use of a line shield's arm slot, but no others even if the shield has them available.
    * Other restrictions have been discussed (SUV weapon, nanoblast, recovery items), but not confirmed to be implemented yet.

Quote Originally Posted by EspioKaos View Post
    * Over 150 new weapons will be added with this update. And of those, over 100 will have new, unique graphics.
    And of those, over 50 of them will be reskins of reskins.

Mission restrictions sound baaaad (like Michael Jackson?), restricted TECHNIQUE is basically shouting out "hey forces, DON'T PLAY HERE!", maybe the enemies in those missions are melee and bullet resistant - why not just give the enemies more HP instead?
    I don't need a signature pic, I would end up changing it all the time.

No, perhaps is "Techers! No way you use Nosdiga here!" I hope the rewards will be worth in restricted missions.

The PSO weapons will count as those of ~100 new weapon graphics?

My Current Favorite Poster: KubaraManiac JAFO22000's Avatar
    Texas Chainsaw Mascara, 'cause that's where you're from!

Quote Originally Posted by FOnewearl-Lina View Post

Mission restrictions sound baaaad (like Michael Jackson?), restricted TECHNIQUE is basically shouting out "hey forces, DON'T PLAY HERE!", maybe the enemies in those missions are melee and bullet resistant - why not just give the enemies more HP instead?
    The limitation missions could be very good or very bad. If done correctly, these missions will reward those players who take the time to master more than 2-3 techs/Melee weapons/guns. If done incorrectly then, yes, it will prove to make these missions unplayable for certain job types.

In general, I'm hoping that ST has heard the complaints from the community (along with the drop in revenue for this game!) and will take their time to release this expansion to "fix" their sloppy handling of this franchise. I hope they have pride and are disappointed with their work so far (as they should be).

Ohhh! Daaarn, they're taking designs for clothing? That's gonna be awesome. I so hope this comes regional, heck, if it doesn't, I'll probably switch to the Japanese servers.

Well, I hope they don't do something stupid such as:
    'kill the enemy using matching elements',
    'kill enemy using only normal attacks',
    'dodge gaozoran foie while wearing ice armor',
    'defeat the enemy using only confuse traps',
    'using only Renga Chujin-Shou, defeat the enemy within 10 seconds', or
    'synth every item in the game - 10 G'.

They might as well increase the enemy HP by 2-3 fold than force us to use fixed attacks against the enemy. I'm scared...

Quote Originally Posted by JAFO22000 View Post
    I hope they have pride and are disappointed with their work so far
    Pride in the fact that they just alienated 99% of their PS2 userbase by going PC onry?
    Last edited by FOnewearl-Lina; Feb 27, 2009 at 11:21 AM.
    I don't need a signature pic, I would end up changing it all the time.

I beat Challenge Mode online using a force, it was tough, but mad fun. Resetting everything from the beginning and starting like that, now that takes skill.

Yay more news!

lately, this thread always popular, while JP normal update thread rarely has 2nd page.

the design contest surely something good to go, but I hate the restriction up to 40% limited, instead of saying that you can increase it +10% or +20% from whatever base %.

Unit restrict mission make me image of a mission full of barta, but no freeze/resist allow, full of megid that no vijeir/resist allow.
    Nobody will play restrict mission until their drop worth. Hope they know this fact.

Quote Originally Posted by FOnewearl-Lina View Post
    Those 50 items are the + version of the all the remain existing item.
    Orogi Agito (15* of repca)
    Madam/Van brella+
    Silence claw+
    etc.
    Last edited by Arika; Feb 27, 2009 at 11:59 AM.

"ARIKAー戦隊, 参上!!" (click it!)
    Arika     @US server | Arika-chan @JP server

well im glad to hear we wont be seeing everyone with 40%+ armas lines or serafi senbas i hunted hard an synthed a ton of them to get what i have

although it would be nice to get my 9/9 fire repca to 40% and my 10/10 butis to 40%
    Last edited by S4CT4L1TY; Feb 27, 2009 at 12:03 PM.
    although i may not agree with what you say
    i will defend to the death your right to say it

Quote Originally Posted by Arika View Post
    Those 50 items are the + version of the all the remain existing item.
    I have this horrible feeling that the other 50+ will just be weapons that are already in the game, just unreleased. (Ice Sword Mil/Lum/Pi, etc.) That way, they'd be "new," even though you've already paid for them. On the other hand, this would at least give PS2 users something to look forward to. Well, kind of. <_<;