Default Play PSP on PS3?

I can't believe I can't find a straight answer to this question...
    I had a PSP a long time ago, sold it... (before I knew anything about Phantasy Star Portable...)
    I bought a PS3 about 6 months ago and I definitely want to buy a PSP again for Phantasy Star Portable.

I play my PS3 on my computer monitor via HDMI. My monitor has 1 D-Sub, 1 DVI, and 1 HDMI port.
    All my TV's in my house are shitty and don't have progressive scanning, so I can't use those TV cables that you can buy for the PSP slim.

I know that the PS3's Remote Play can let me utilize my PS3 on my PSP, but is there any like... you know... reverse way?
    I want to play my PSP in place of my PS3.
    Basically, I just want to play PSP on the big screen.
    I'm really hoping this is possible, because I think it would be utterly retarded to be able to use my PS3 on my weaker hand-held system, which I believe requires me to be in range of my PS3... so what's the point?
    And you would think... PSP is nice because it's portable, but when I'm at home with the big screen in reach, why SHOULDN'T I be able to play it on the big screen? :/

If there isn't a way to link it with the PS3, is there any kind of crazy adapters that would let me use my monitor?
    This is my monitor: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824236051
    Last edited by Genoa; Feb 6, 2009 at 03:59 AM.

SFS/Nth Gen Interactive Rayokarna's Avatar

The PSP-2000 has a Video output port to played on TVs but I have no clue how it works since I own the original.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayokarna View Post
    The PSP-2000 has a Video output port to played on TVs but I have no clue how it works since I own the original.
    yes, this requires your TV to support progressive scanning
    My TV's don't support progressive scanning... the main source of entertainment in my life is my computer, I have a shitty TV to watch what's on occasionally but I primarily just sit here on my 21.5" 1080p monitor that I use my PS3 in conjunction with as well.
    I would like my PSP to hop on my monitor fetish whether it be through my PS3 or some crazy adapter.

When sony released the PSP 3000, they had an update which made the PSP 2000 able to play games using the standard AV cable (Red, White, Yellow) on a TV instead of having to use a progressive scan cord.

I only own the Progressive scan cord, but i've read on gamespot's PSP forums, that the AV cable works with the PSP 2000 to play games now.