Default Origin of some rare Mag names :)

So I was looking up some names in the Hindu section, and I stumbled across a few Mag names

I always loved the way the names sounded and how they were spelled, but I never made the connection that they may be Hindu. Here the 3 rare mags that I found. I'm glad Sonic Team chose the names deal with love and devotion. It kind of adds some more personality to Mags

http://www.babynamesocean.com/hindu_...f_Rukmini.html

http://www.babynamesocean.com/hindu_...g_of_Rati.html

http://www.babynamesocean.com/hindu_...f_Savitri.html

All of the other names for the Mags look like they are Hindu as well, but I couldn't find them. Also, I realize the name is "Rukmin," but I figured it was close enough.

I hope this isn't old...

Well, you're probably the first to make a thread about it, but I've already known some of the mags were deprived from Hindu names. My mother always talked about the Apsaras, it's an ancient Khmer myth of a beautiful dancer. To this day, the Apsaras dance is still practiced. Deva was from Laos mythology. (well actually they are Sanskrit names but i'm just talking about the modern times =P)

Interesting... I'll have to look into this myself. Gotta say, this captured my attention. I just thought that Sonic Team made up those names... well, now that I think about it, everything they put in games has some origin in it. Don't know why I didn't think of that earlier...

I swear there was a guide on here in the Mags section that explained almost all of the Mag names, but I can't find it now.
    (Dead server) :: Angra Mainyu : Ahura Mazda : Arbalest : Fischerspooner :: PSUpedia & Forums

I think you are right, Bea. I think I did see that somewhere on the site.

Edit: AHAH!! Found it! XD
    http://www.pso-world.com/sections.ph...cle&artid=2029
    Last edited by AlexCraig; Feb 3, 2009 at 02:34 AM. Reason: Found it!

Hunters Guild Group
    Alex - BrHu | Satsuki - RaGu | Keiko - SuTe

Wow, that's rather interesting. As I was looking through them, I recognized that some had weapons names. At first I thought it was names of MAGs, then I realized that names of weapons were also included. That's a good find Alex. Saved me from having to look up all kinds of names...

Uhm... I didn't really check to see if this was said...

And it's not a rare mag, but: "Varuna" is the god of creation... So calling the second mag for hunters a "Varuna" is appropriate due to the fact of how you can get virtually any mag from it.

Also: Why did they decide to use names from old stories and mythology and such? Quite interesting.

Rati: Goddess of sexual desire? Sweeeeet. No wonder why I am attracted to that mag so much xD
    Last edited by Sazega; Feb 3, 2009 at 06:54 PM.