Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default PC/PS2 and XB360 server questions

I played PSU on PC at launch (ID 2009888 ), and ended up getting to about 55 before I got tired of there being nothing to do. Recently though, I reactivated, read up on all the updates, and started hammering away at the mission carnival. I got to about 67, but I couldn't help notice that even in universe 2, there were MUCH fewer people than there used to be. Since it's a NA-only server, and Blue Burst's NA server was shut down while the JP server lived on, I'm a little concerned about that happening here too.

I considered picking up the 360 version used - it runs less than $30 for the disc and AOTI download nowadays. If it's a better community, I wouldn't have much of a problem starting over there, especially if low levels are faster than they were when I first did them.

I know the XB360 server is worldwide, but how is the population in comparison? Is headset chat common? Are the updates synched with the NA PS2/PC server, or do they run on their own schedule?

What do you think?

Right now our Population is a little over 2 1/2 full Universes. Headset chat is common, but there is also plenty of keyboard chatting, and a mix of both with some people. Theoretically we are on the same schedule as the NA PC/PS2, but there have been times that we have fallen behind for a few weeks because of LIVE patch issues. Those are the facts as they stand right now, no personal opinion to add.

wow, I can forecast the thread to be locked soon.
    Last edited by Arika; Feb 8, 2009 at 12:15 PM.

"ARIKAー戦隊, 参上!!" (click it!)
    Arika     @US server | Arika-chan @JP server

I won the Nobel prize for texting while on duty Ithildin's Avatar

It'll all end in tears...
    Click On Banner

I think he/she is trying to ask a question since he/she has only one post. ( i'm guessing )
    but yes i'm on 360 servers and it's one full universe and a half. ( currently in universe 1 & 2 )

Quote Originally Posted by Ryno View Post
    I think he/she is trying to ask a question since he/she has only one post. ( i'm guessing )
    but yes i'm on 360 servers and it's one full universe and a half. ( currently in universe 1 & 2 )
    Normally, if I wanted to know something, I'd search here and PSUpedia to find it myself. Since I couldn't find many solid discussions about the two servers, I figured I'd register and ask around.

I actually made an account on the 360 servers a while back.

The population is more, but it doesn't seem like much more than the PC/PS2 servers, which is a shame since the 360 isn't region restricted like PC/PS2. From what I hear, theres much more glitching and stanky attitudes in the 360 servers (due to its younger population). The voice chat I found was weird since a lot of people don't match their characters. Also, techers are evil on the 360.

The prices are more or less the same ironically. However, 360 has more grinded weapons (grinder glitch).

I must say though, the graphics look noticably better (if you have a bad computer or play on PS2). And you can play your own music, so thats a plus.

If you wouldnt mind starting over (it seems you just started) for a handful more people, then go ahead.

In the end I stayed on the PC/PS2 servers.

Quote Originally Posted by super_luu View Post
    I must say though, the graphics look noticably better (if you have a bad computer or play on PS2). And you can play your own music, so thats a plus.
    Don't forget the ability to take screenshot with a touch of a button.
    That's why you see mostly PC screens here & not much 360's.
    Blink & you might miss it! ;3

Oh, keep sig at 600x180 px & 49KB, yah?

I joined the PC/PS2 side because I didn't have an EcksBawks 360 at the time PSU came out. Actually, I still don't. I'm getting one soon, but I doubt I'll touch the 360 version of PSU. The truth is that both servers have their pros and cons, and they're both way behind on updates and receive the same bad service. So I think switching would make me even more bored because I'd have to level things again that have taken me over two years to achieve. >_> I will say though that more people can be nice sometimes, and I've heard it's a lot smoother on an HDTV than the PS2 version is.

PSO2: Kylie.HUnewearl.Sh02

Come join us. You won't be let down my man.
    Theres always a party to run with.
    Can't we all just get along?