Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: i got jacked

Some people are a little crazy :3 If you guys had the option I'm sure you would have done it too. If not for the grinders, for the meseta they would be worth in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattness View Post
    Some people are a little crazy :3 If you guys had the option I'm sure you would have done it too. If not for the grinders, for the meseta they would be worth in the future.
    I had the opportunity, and I didn't do it. And I don't regret it for one second. The problem is that Sega decided not to wipe all the S+10s or make them untradeable which would have reduced the inflation problems the game saw, but the economy is pretty stable now. I do choose to continue to look down upon and ridicule players that exploited the glitch, though.

I would've done it too if I had not been on my extended LOA from the game...

Why not collect water for free when it rains?
    NiceOnes

If you gave it to him to use out of trust, there is nothing they can do, but ban him. You won't get your weapons back, but you can at least rest assured that he won't have them either.
    "Blade" M Beast Fighmaster of "Ten Star V" from Xbox 360 PSU.

http://www.youtube.com/user/xBladeM6x

Random "Nice" Swordsman Calsetes's Avatar

Anyway, getting back to the whole original post......

I'd say if you play with the guy for a while over a long period of time, you should develop that trust over that length and know if they're trustworthy or not. Let me clarify: I came back to playing this back in the beginning of December. Since then, I've made a few new friends (i.e. people I trust implicitly no matter what, and that's like 2 people) and seen some old friends come back again. At this point, I know with those few people (a total of maybe 3-5) that if I hand them something, they'll either use it like they said or give it back to me how I gave it to them (if not better). They've given me stuff, and me for them. If you haven't run into anyone like that yet, then the easier (and safer, although a little bit harder route) is wait until they do something for you that shows trust, and then trust them only with equivalence. If they give you something like a bunch of small cheap weapons for your PM to eat, then only trust them with a meager amount (like "Here's a Crimson, you didn't have any S-ranks yet") - conversely, if they give you a Rattlesnake board, give them something for it to show you how appreciative you are for the action (like when I gave my friend 5 mil when he gave me one, not as much as "street value" but then again if I had that, I wouldn't have been looking for one as hard as I was).

In the end, it's a judgment thing. I'd say do what they said and put in a ticket, but don't expect a lot out of it - it's not Sega's fault you had poor judgment, but it is a violation of the ToS if they did it in a trade and quickly glitched the trade so you got the short end of the stick.
    Stupid, stupid rat creatures!

Some people are just so sorry in this game they don't know how to get good stuff. Whether they are just dumb or lazy, who knows. But they resort to scamming/stealing to get it.

The other day someone buy the name of jaiijaii tried to scam me. Was trying to sell a 42% kan yu and he put up a trade for 20 mil for it. I knew he was a scammer right away because any legit person would want to go through a shop, or at least see the sword. But was dying to see how this standy trade works (read how to prevent it, so wanted to test it out) so told him to hold on. Ran to my room to get a 12% kan yu. Checked if he had a shop also, no shop so knew for sure he was a scammer. He never did get my 12% kan yu because I figured why even let him get that. So sent him my card and said go to my shop and will be up for even less than 20 mil. He never came.

Sorry to hear you lost your 42% crea doubles. What goes around comes around. Trust me. I'm sure you will get a nice drop soon to get your money back, and something bad will happed to him.

Quote Originally Posted by kejen View Post
    Some people are just so sorry in this game they don't know how to get good stuff. Whether they are just dumb or lazy, who knows. But they resort to scamming/stealing to get it.

The other day someone buy the name of jaiijaii tried to scam me. Was trying to sell a 42% kan yu and he put up a trade for 20 mil for it. I knew he was a scammer right away because any legit person would want to go through a shop, or at least see the sword. But was dying to see how this standy trade works (read how to prevent it, so wanted to test it out) so told him to hold on. Ran to my room to get a 12% kan yu. Checked if he had a shop also, no shop so knew for sure he was a scammer. He never did get my 12% kan yu because I figured why even let him get that. So sent him my card and said go to my shop and will be up for even less than 20 mil. He never came.

Sorry to hear you lost your 42% crea doubles. What goes around comes around. Trust me. I'm sure you will get a nice drop soon to get your money back, and something bad will happed to him.
    What does him having a shop have to do with anything??? I dont have a shop and that dosent make me a scammer, seriously people who dont own shops are scammers now??
    Play PSU and have Myspace? Add www.myspace.com/aaricane

Never said it did. But definitely makes you a bit more shady if you want to trade with me and don't have a shop. How are you making money without a shop? Sure as hell aren't going to toss up 20 mil just like that if you don't have a shop. Could be a new char without a shop, but by the time you reach 100+, chances are you will have one.

People that have shops with gamertags in the ad shows me you have nothing to hide and probably an honest person. And at least by having a shop, your ID# is out there for everyone to see.

Quote Originally Posted by kejen View Post
    Never said it did. But definitely makes you a bit more shady if you want to trade with me and don't have a shop. How are you making money without a shop? Sure as hell aren't going to toss up 20 mil just like that if you don't have a shop. Could be a new char without a shop, but by the time you reach 100+, chances are you will have one.

People that have shops with gamertags in the ad shows me you have nothing to hide and probably an honest person. And at least by having a shop, your ID# is out there for everyone to see.
    I see your point but you can sell items through trade as well as thru teh shop. however i apologize for being kinda rude, i was upset at something else also lol
    Play PSU and have Myspace? Add www.myspace.com/aaricane

I never trust anyone in an MMO, unless its RL friends playing with me (which used to be the case), but they all quit...
    PSU - Xbox 360 - QuickSilver 159 Human Fighmaster, Synergy 145 Cast Gunmaster
    Howzers Killed: 3
    Theres no comfort in the truth, pain is all you'll find...