Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast
    The Eggy Bastard

first and foremost, I have no idea how the hell a level 150 female newman masterforce is doing 1000 with a 5/5 psycho wand with any technic in this game. I switched to mf at around level 132 if i remember right, and I was doing roughly 300 damage less overall than I was doing as a ft. with the pwand, this was still much more than 1000. your character may have influenza.

Quote Originally Posted by Akio-Kasai View Post
    anybody can make the best fighmaster when they spam jabroga with a LKK master classed really arnt for pros whoeevr said that just wanted to sound good.

... -Facepalm-

I dare you to get an Axe, spam Jabroga through a mission and go up against a Fighmaster who knows what they're doing, let's see how good you do. You probably couldn't even out time a Fortefighter by spamming Jabroga.

Now you just sound like a fool. Master classes are for people who know what they are doing when they play. You cannot just spam Jabroga and be good, it doesn't work that way. If you honestly believe that, then you obviously have never seen how an actual Fighmaster plays.
    yes.

now I'll be the first person to go and throw it out there for the sake of discussion that okay,yeah,masterforces could probably do well with a little more HP,just to make it possible to survive more than 2-3 hits of the more potent monsters in the game,and that they probably could use level 20 buffs,just because it defeats the purpose of not having it because people can carry around megistarides(which they do) to get the level 2 buffs anyway....

but...

"master classes" is not synonymous with "easy classes." they are *advanced* classes, the *top* tier of classes, designed for veterans of the game looking to continue rewarding and challenging gameplay.nobody, and I mean nobody, came out and said CONGRATULATIONS UPON ATTAINING MASTER CLASS STATUS EVERY KNEE OF EVERY MONSTER IN THE GAME SHALL BEND TO YOUR WILL. the way things actually turned out were a rude awakening for some, an anticipated and worthwhile challenge for others.
    now, do you notice something funny about the master classes?they are horribly unbalanced! fighmasters dont even have a handgun to hit those hard to reach spots, and masterforces don't have a single thing to use besides casting weapons. the humanity! but this,indeed,is how it should be, for 2 main reasons.
    1- because it promotes team play, plain and simple.
    2- read carefully: master force. does this sound like a class that will be using much of anything besides what a force specializes in? well,no. granted, the overemphasis on nuking and not a more well-rounded use of technics (like at least level 20 buffs for instance,simply because it defeats the purpose to have level 10 and just carry around a butt load of megistarides...) was a little bit of a shock,but that's the choice they wanted us to make. this isn't create-your-own-rpg-character-for-your-own-satisfaction-game. besides, think, if masterforces could carry the extreme nuking power role in the party (which they do, anyone who's really experimented and has experience using different technics in different situations will know this) along with a formidable support capability, where would the acrotechers fall into place? they are sparse enough.
    for some reason when the first word of master classes came out,everybody was psyched because they thought that fighmasters would be able to use every S-rank melee weapon and a-rank wands and twin handguns too with level 20 techinics and 30 bullets and ..well...you get the point.

so don't knock the master classes for A-being too hard, or B-being unbalanced and more onerous to play. master classes does not imply the versatility some of us enjoyed while using the expert and hybrid classes. yeah,it sucks that fighmasters dont even get not even a c-rank pistol,and yeah its annoying that masterforces' buffs and heals dont even go past 10, but that's where the beauty of choice comes in. nobody is hanging a bull's testicle over your head saying go master class or go to hell. do it,knowing that for the first time in this game you are actually consciously signing yourself up for something that involves thoughtful and strategic play, and a little bit of a challenge...or don't do it if you are too scared or are enjoying the easy mode this game has been stuck in for far too long.

EDIT--ok,that was a little harsh on the people who genuinely enjoy a little versatility in playing FT over MF. red mage status with a bow is some good stuff. I seek not to bash people who have fun playing the class they play. I'm just trying to talk some sense into the people who have been brainwashed by how easy this game has been and how the addition of master classes has changed the way we play.

and for fucks sake, quit whining about it like we will change it. the gm's don't listen to a word that we say,especially in the USA,and especially on boards that are not remotely connected to the official forums. we can discuss all we want...thats the beauty of a community. but let's not make fools of ourselves either.
    Last edited by majan; Feb 12, 2009 at 10:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rambo! View Post
    Somone correct me if I am wrong but I thought this was talked to death about a month ago to here is how it ended last time

Masterforce - Casts at high speed and is completely offensive very fragile and dies fast because of it. No buffs good for parties not as good for soloing.

MasterGunner - Pretty much all around better than fortegunner unless you really like grenades.

Fighmaster - the amazing broken high speed jabroga king , use this if you only care about dishing out dps faster than any other class.

In all honesty though does it really matter if this game had pvp I would say maybe but all we are doing is mauling pathetically weak creatures that fall in 2-8 shots anyway. Now if this game was as hard as say hive in version 1 then you would have more room to complain.

Also so when it comes up it was also determined that casts make the best fighmaster not beasts unless you are jose.
    ^This. There really isn't much more to talk about. It's starting to look like we're basically repeating the same things now.

Edit: Thank you majan! You said it perfectly. I'm glad there are at least some people that understand this.
    Last edited by _Vyser_; Feb 12, 2009 at 10:16 PM.

PSP2: Vyser (CAST Ranger), Captain Flavor (Beast Hunter), Amu (Force Newman)
    PSU PC: Vyser (CAST AF/GM), Captain Flavor (Beast FF), Konata (Newman MF), Sportacus (Human AT)
    PSŲ JP: あかヴァイザ (HUcast), フレヴァさま (FOnewm), ラムレーズ (HUnewm)

Sword of Azure Lightning Akio-Kasai's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by majan View Post
    first and foremost, I have no idea how the hell a level 150 female newman masterforce is doing 1000 with a 5/5 psycho wand with any technic in this game. I switched to mf at around level 132 if i remember right, and I was doing roughly 300 damage less overall than I was doing as a ft. with the pwand, this was still much more than 1000. your character may have influenza.
    My friend could probably show you power, he does about as much damage as my GM does with his techs. all his techs are leveled and almost all passed 41. Which is what you NEED to be a good MF.

Aside from that, yes, people though Master Classes would be extremely broken, all powerful classes, but they're not.

Not everyone can play a Master Class because of the limited weaponry, especially when it comes to FM.

The Eggy Bastard

Quote Originally Posted by Akio-Kasai View Post
    My friend could probably show you power, he does about as much damage as my GM does with his techs. all his techs are leveled and almost all passed 41. Which is what you NEED to be a good MF.

Aside from that, yes, people though Master Classes would be extremely broken, all powerful classes, but they're not.

Not everyone can play a Master Class because of the limited weaponry, especially when it comes to FM.
    well that statement about the damage and stuff was actually targeted at the OP...probably should have pointed that out.

anyway,I know there's plenty of horsepower in MF's and using a wide variety of techs,thats part of the point I was trying to make. it is refreshing to see people using more than diga foie ramegid nosdiga and dambarta.

Ive seen fighmaster be played without spamming jabroga but why not stay FF or FG and use g break or anything else again Master classes is just there so u can brag about all your PAs past 40
    PSU Character Information
    DivineTenken"Sojiro"150 beastFF(20)-Fg(20)-WT(20)-FM(
    Dark Hadou "Sakura" 115 CastFT(20)-AT(20)-WT(20)-MF(20)
    BoogiePop Phantom 22 Cast Protranser 3
    Hikikomori-Neet 70 beast FG(20)-GT(20)-GM(20)
    Find me AFK on neudaiz bridge.GT Xxantman215xX

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h1...ouSakura-1.png

Sword of Azure Lightning Akio-Kasai's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XxAntMan215xX View Post
    Ive seen fighmaster be played without spamming jabroga but why not stay FF or FG and use g break or anything else again Master classes is just there so u can brag about all your PAs past 40
    I like the ability to use Double Sabers AND Axes, Spiral Dance is one of my favorite techniques, and both FiG and FF are capped as my main. FM also has more speed, which I like more then the slow speed of FF.

There's NO point in bragging about 50 PA's because they are EASY to get. Again -Facepalm-

Quote Originally Posted by Kylie View Post
    I think the MP it takes to level a master class is silly because they aren't that much better than the others. It gives people something to do though, so I guess I can't really complain. Masterforce could use some tweakin' in my opinion, but I'm happy with the other two. It's great that they didn't make the other classes obsolete.
    not mush better? have you lvld any matser class to 20? the speed and %(on gun elements) alone make up for the"lack" of stats. IMO GM is the best masterclass, because it doesnt really miss much from the FG. the speed of shotguns, and rifles, and the % of lvl 50 bullets make up for any loss of the master stats.

ON my MG I have less health and less Atp, and friends tell they have the same on FM so I'd think it's same as a MF. Really only benefit is speed :/

Cast/M, 150
    Beast/F, 86
    Newman/M, 110
    Beast/M, 101

Taking A Break From PSU

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic646 View Post
    ON my MG I have less health and less Atp, and friends tell they have the same on FM so I'd think it's same as a MF. Really only benefit is speed, s-ranked mags, 3rd target on nosmegid, SE increase on: barta, rabarta, gibarta, zonde, razonde, gizonde, megid, nosdiga :/
    Fix'd

PSP2: Vyser (CAST Ranger), Captain Flavor (Beast Hunter), Amu (Force Newman)
    PSU PC: Vyser (CAST AF/GM), Captain Flavor (Beast FF), Konata (Newman MF), Sportacus (Human AT)
    PSŲ JP: あかヴァイザ (HUcast), フレヴァさま (FOnewm), ラムレーズ (HUnewm)

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic646 View Post
    ON my MG I have less health and less Atp, and friends tell they have the same on FM so I'd think it's same as a MF. Really only benefit is speed :/
    The speed boost is totally worth it though. Plus, the stuff Vyser said.

Sig art by Aussei ^_^