Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Thinking about switching to PC...

...from the 360. I've been playing on the xbox since the game came out, but I built a new PC in october and I'm thinking about moving over to the PC (my computer will run it a lot smoother and I'm all about being able to customize). I just wanted to know what the population is like over there and if it is even worth it for me to make the switch. What do you guys think?

Well, the population is rather tiny compared to the 360. But one good big difference is that the smaller population is full of more decent people. Not everyone's the greatest here, but there's more better folks than you'll find on the 360 servers. I personally think PC PSU is the best choice. You get to even customize the game settings yourself instead of going along with whatever the game automaticly has, so then--on the 360, even though you move more smoothly, you also move so freakin' slow and just happily-go-luckily skip around in slow motion. On PC, you can change around the stuff so you can move more faster and still smooth 'nuff.

So yeah. If you do plan to make this switch, I hope I'll see you around enjoying yourself.

Neko~
    Wuh wuh wee woo!?

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroTheBurninator View Post
    Just remember - There's no voice chat
    No option for that at all? That's interesting....at least I wouldn't have to listen to whiny 13 yr olds any more!

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroTheBurninator View Post
    Just remember - There's no voice chat
    Blah. That too. Not that I mind too much. I'd rather type stuff than speak.

Neko~
    Wuh wuh wee woo!?

The Original CAST Force burninglink5's Avatar

If you're lucky, there will be one full star at peak hour. I wouldn't recommend it.
    PSU: Master Chief- LV180 Cast Everything-techer
    PSO2: BeatMastaChief - Cast Force

This is going to get locked, I know it!

Anyway. If you have a decent PC, you might give it a try. The population is smaller but if you find a group of friends to do runs with, you don't really need a big population. Overall it just depends on if you have people to play with on PC, or if you're good at making friends. Of course if you like to solo, that won't make a difference. Also weigh in the fact that you'll have to re-obtain all your items and PA levels.
    (Dead server) :: Angra Mainyu : Ahura Mazda : Arbalest : Fischerspooner :: PSUpedia & Forums

Quote Originally Posted by beatrixkiddo View Post
    This is going to get locked, I know it!

Anyway. If you have a decent PC, you might give it a try. The population is smaller but if you find a group of friends to do runs with, you don't really need a big population. Overall it just depends on if you have people to play with on PC, or if you're good at making friends. Of course if you like to solo, that won't make a difference. Also weigh in the fact that you'll have to re-obtain all your items and PA levels.
    I honestly don't need a big population for PSU....I was just making sure it wasn't completely DEAD! My computer will blow away my xbox as far as performance goes, which is really why switching is so appealing to me right now. The slowdowns get kind of old after awhile (and it's not even a very demanding game!). Lock this if you will, but I'm not trying to start a flame war. just wanted some opinions

Well most topics like this don't go for long before someone says "The xxx servers hack! The xxx servers are full of xxx kind of people!" etc etc, and then someone else comes along who can't let it slide, so they shoot one back, etc D:

Anyway. Come to PC if you have a good computer, we can play in glorious widescreen high-res together :3
    (Dead server) :: Angra Mainyu : Ahura Mazda : Arbalest : Fischerspooner :: PSUpedia & Forums

Quote Originally Posted by ZyphNeko View Post
    But one good big difference is that the smaller population is full of more decent people. Not everyone's the greatest here, but there's more better folks than you'll find on the 360 servers.
    Neko~
    I dispute your assertion.

Dont forget to try this when u come here.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151554

"ARIKAー戦隊, 参上!!" (click it!)
    Arika     @US server | Arika-chan @JP server