Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default What would you sacrifice for love?

It's an off-the-wall question I saw posted somewhere else, but it got some pretty fascinating responses:

What are the most extreme measures you'd go to in order to be with somebody that was your one true love? We're talking romantic love here, not platonic or family type love. Would you move to a different country where you didn't speak the language? Move into the woods and live as a hermit? Go to jail? Die? Something even more extreme?

Or, if you've already sacrificed a good deal for love, how did it come about?

Who is this guy again? Shadowpawn's Avatar

That's a silly question. Anyone who is truly in love would say they would do anything, that's kinda of a given.

Maybe anybody would do anything in an ideal world, but it's not that cut and dry in real life. I think we've all seen examples where real people did not give up certain things for love. Even 200 miles or so of distance between two people, who would normally have had a very successful relationship, can be enough to cause things to "not work out."

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpawn View Post
    That's a silly question. Anyone who is truly in love would say they would do anything, that's kinda of a given.
    Indeed true...I would do the same

I completely believe that home is where the heart is, and I think I could live anywhere as long as I was in the company of someone that I shared a mutual love with. I'd even move to the coldest place on earth for them, where I would be miserable. We're talking about true love though. I wouldn't give everything away to just anyone.

PSO2: Kylie.HUnewearl.Sh02

Let me just say that I don't think anybody can honestly say they know what they would be willing to give up until they actually end up giving it up.

A situation like this isn't something people ever seriously think about until they're suddenly a part of one.

Quote Originally Posted by CupOfCoffee View Post
    Maybe anybody would do anything in an ideal world, but it's not that cut and dry in real life. I think we've all seen examples where real people did not give up certain things for love. Even 200 miles or so of distance between two people, who would normally have had a very successful relationship, can be enough to cause things to "not work out."
    Hence that's why I said they would simply state they would do anything. I never said they would actually do so. Given that the question you're asking seems to lose purpose to everyone who has never been in that position. To those who have, however, you could question whatever they would truly in love and it would still hold weight. It's not a topic you can really quantify in discussion.

*shrug* that's fine, I suppose. It's not like this is a census or some type of scientific experiment trying to come up with a graph or equation. I just think it's interesting to see how love stacks up to other enjoyable things in our lives. Exactly how valuable do we all find love to be, even if we have never experienced it?

I personally think it's a great thing to have in your life, but it's not absolutely necessary to have. Granted without love you would have a very lonely existence, but that happens from time to time.

I would do any thing for love, but i wont do that. OH NOOOOO!