Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default Rare map boot ***

its just annoying but do you think they should add a feature to prevent players from removing from the group if you get the rare map. I mean i could care less for anything that drops on them. i got me a kaos knight so im happy. But last night i was running speed runs with a group and on about the 3rd the leader got the rare map but quickly left as soon as there name popped up. Leaving me and two others in a group. Then they go out and try to sell a spot to run thisshort dungeon. why is this. seriously i get tired of players asking me if im going to boot them if i get the map. no they helped get through the run. we had fun, of course they can join. what are you guys thought.
    Meta77 and Melissa- The Ultimate dream team *in any game* aka cheesy duck and icecream bunny.
    Meta77-Level 150 FF: Human/M
    Metal Meta77-Level 150MG: Cast/M
    Neo Meta77-Level 149 MT: Newman/M
    Kasumi77-Level 64 F: Cast/F

Random "Nice" Swordsman Calsetes's Avatar

Well, it'd be much like banning being a jerk in the game, or an elitist, or acting like a 5-year-old kid, or just acting like anything else - you can't really stop someone from doing a negative action that doesn't violate the Terms of Service, no matter how rude it might be. I agree with you that if I got a rare map, I'd run it with the people who want to run it from my group first, then maybe invite a friend or two if there's an opening. Unfortunately, some people only want to help themselves, and no one else.

This is one of those things that you'd like to be able to stop, but unfortunately can't because of all the "what-ifs" that would come up (and some of them are extremely valid "what-ifs"). I know I had a rare map once and was holding onto it for a hunt for one of the red units, and purposely didn't tell my party since they wanted to run the Moatoob mission (think the Neudaiz one is the only one offering a chance at Reds, right?). If someone mentioned what specifically they were looking for, I would have given it up for a run with that group, but since all they were after was MP, I decided to pass. May have been slightly rude, but it's rare when I do anything like that. Think I might still have the rare mission, actually....
    Stupid, stupid rat creatures!

Uh... I can't say it's ever happened to me.

I'm PC/PS2 so mission selling isn't AS rampant here. Not only that I solve the problem of running with randoms that turn out to be jerks by having a group of 40+ active people I run with frequently lol.

I've never been booted from a rare mission, but then I haven't run with random people for more then a run or two in a few months now. I suppose I'm less nice then some others but I haven't flagged a rare mission in ages and the last thing I'd want if I did would be to see some goober I didn't know land a red/knight from my run. I've been running for rares lately solo though so it hasn't been something I've had to deal with.
    Getting bored of the typical MMO, enjoying muddling through moonspeak on PSO2.

IF people get a rare map when im in a group, and they leave, i dont worry about it, although its an awful thing to do, TO SELL A RARE MAP, but as long as people pay, people will sell spots. and as biggie said, the pc/ps2 server doesnt really happen MUCH....:/
    anyway, people that do that are just rude, one of the reason's why i started up a 360 acount recently, and ended it the SAME DAY. people are messed up on that side. feel bad for the nice ones there

Hmm yes i agree with all of you. Good thoughts on the matter.
    Meta77 and Melissa- The Ultimate dream team *in any game* aka cheesy duck and icecream bunny.
    Meta77-Level 150 FF: Human/M
    Metal Meta77-Level 150MG: Cast/M
    Neo Meta77-Level 149 MT: Newman/M
    Kasumi77-Level 64 F: Cast/F

Whenever I get the rare mission sign, i ask to be made leader (if im not already). If a paticular player has been a jerk i will boot them. Otherwise, I stay with whoever I was with. I have never sold a rare mission (I think thats stupid).

Random "Nice" Swordsman Calsetes's Avatar

Well, if anyone on the PC side ever needs a guaranteed trustworthy stranger to run a rare map with, I'd gladly join - my 150's doing nothing right now but leveling random jobs and weapons. Just let me know what you stake a claim on and I'll hand it over - if I don't, then I give you free reign to make my PSU life living hell, and will gladly let you abash my good name until I get you the item.

I'm an extremely nice guy like that. Even gave my friend a Solid / Knight back when AotI came out, just because he asked when it dropped, and he was a higher level than me (and could buy one himself).
    Stupid, stupid rat creatures!

Quote Originally Posted by Meta77 View Post
    Hmm yes i agree with all of you. Good thoughts on the matter.
    You should report them!

Oh wait, you don't report people because it's "crying to mommy", right?
    (Dead server) :: Angra Mainyu : Ahura Mazda : Arbalest : Fischerspooner :: PSUpedia & Forums

Quote Originally Posted by beatrixkiddo View Post
    You should report them!

Oh wait, you don't report people because it's "crying to mommy", right?
    Stop it! provoking a flame war is agianst ToS im sure, and being a jerk by selling a rare map is not.
    Last edited by Swiftstrike; Mar 4, 2009 at 04:11 PM. Reason: more stuffs