Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Unhappy Adhoc Party Issue: Can see game, but get Connection Error when starting.

I was wondering if anyone has had this problem with adhoc party and Phantasy Star Portable.

Basically, when I go into one of the Lobbies and into a room, I can see a leader's game, or others can see my game if I am the leader.

But when we try to start the game, the leader will see the loading screen and enter the game, however, the team member(s) will just see the gray scrolling background.

If I'm leader, I can see the other person still in my party, but after several seconds, they leave the party and they get a connection error.

So, I can join/start a party, but I never actually get into the game.

Has anyone else seen this issue and do you know how to solve it.

I have done the same port forwarding used for remote play. Haven't been able to find anything else that may be required.

Any help you guys can offer would be appreciated and thanks in advance.

I was playing with someone who had this problem, he had a router. He disconnected his router and hooked his PS3 directly up to his modem, problem was solved!

I've heard of this problem happening before and I believe this to be a router issue. If I had to guess, I'd say it's something to do with forwarding the correct ports. The unfortunate thing is...which one's do we forward? Ad-hoc party is in japanese so I assume that most of the support for it is as well. Is it possible to find out which ports to forward using other methods?

Quote Originally Posted by Thanubis View Post
    Ad-Hoc Party will not work if your PS3 is connected to the internet by a wireless connection.
    Yes, I'm aware of that.
    As I said... I can see other people's games, and join their party, but when they start the game, I'm left at the gray scrolling background.

Quote Originally Posted by grubmeyer View Post
    I've heard of this problem happening before and I believe this to be a router issue. If I had to guess, I'd say it's something to do with forwarding the correct ports. The unfortunate thing is...which one's do we forward? Ad-hoc party is in japanese so I assume that most of the support for it is as well. Is it possible to find out which ports to forward using other methods?
    Hey Grub... this is actually Shinobishi that spoke with you the other day about this issue.
    I messaged the person you mentioned but he hasn't gotten back to me.

I've double checked my ports and I'm still getting the same result. It's really frustrating.

Anyone have any information at all about this?

Quote Originally Posted by Thanubis View Post
    Have you tried either setting your router to put your computer in a DMZ or completely disabling your router's firewall?

If either of those options works, then you can be sure that it is a port forwarding problem.
    Not yet. I'll try that tonight, thanks.

Well... enabled DMZ to my PS3... When that's set up, I can't even see others games. And others can't see mine.

It actually made things worse. I don't know how that's possible.

I'm going to see if there is an update to my firmware. Next test, a friend is going to let me borrow his router. I'm getting annoyed with this. I want to play this damn game online!

I tried to play the game online all day yesterday, and I have the same problem. Also, when I set my PS3 to the DMZ it does the same thing (I can't see anyone's games). My router shouldn't be a problem since my router firewall is completely off.
    Last edited by ShadowTH1000; Mar 9, 2009 at 11:22 PM.

Did you guys forward port 9293 (TCP) to your PS3?
    Last edited by Kichi; Mar 9, 2009 at 11:43 PM. Reason: Specifying
    私の愛、私の夢、私の心。

Kk, I forwarded that port to my PS3. Any one want to help me test? I'm waiting in lobby J

I would....but i really gotta go to bed. I'll be on to help people test tomorrow.
    私の愛、私の夢、私の心。