Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The Artist Formerly Known As... Something Else SammaeltheDark's Avatar

Default Megid change: Good or bad?

When I first realized that Megid in PSPo causes Infection instead of Incapacitate, I was kinda bummed. Though it did explain why you could suddenly just buy it in the shop
    But then when Deljabans started flinging their Megid around and I realized I didn't have to worry about cheap OHKOs, my mood lightened considerably

I never was a big Megid user in online PSU so I don't miss the random Incapacitate perk as much as I enjoy not having to worry about getting hit by it

What does everyone else think?

With the game as ridiculuosly easy as it is, sans DLC. I'm kind of bummed out that there's no risk of Megid death from S Rank Colony Missions. What with almost all of the really great loot being in the True Darkness and Seed Awakened Boss Boxes they really should have kept it as is, to give these missions an epic feel of accomplishment. As it is now it's way too easy to breeze through True Darkness S and trounce Dulk Fakis even by yourself.

I personally think this megid nerf is bad and has made the Vijeri/Resist pointless. Also, if you use megid as a force, it is far less useful without incapacitate and now only the rifle (and a sword if i remember correctly) can inflict incapacitate.

I also dont like the megid nerf. I was like tryin to show my friend this game and I was dodging the megid and he asked why I was specifically running away from them and not anything else and I told him they 1 shot.. but then I realized they dont. I was really bummed because that added difficulty to the game.

Then again... you can only hold 3 scape dolls now and you cant buy them from the shop. So I guess it kinda evens out.

I didn't even know about this until seeing this thread...I just got the game last week. Yeah, that's a point deduction right there. The cool thing about Megid was that it was a "dark" spell that was supposed to kill things in one hit, so it was one of the only things to fear in a game series that was already easy. Really man, that's lame. Whatever, I'm loving everything else about the game so far.... PS:P has pulled me back into my old Phantasy Star addiction.

I really, really hated that you could only carry three scape dolls, SPECIFICALLY thinking of Megid. When I found out it no longer OHKOs, I was supremely happy... I could never stand the "fake difficulty" of the Colony missions in PSU, so it wasn't a bad thing for me. The game needs more REAL difficulty (like better AI, maybe?), and less "omg this mission is SO HARD because this ONE attack can instantly KILL you at RANDOM!"

Along with all the new room additions, I'm much more happy with PSP than I ever was with PSU. Even minus the DLC.
    Through Nests of Dragons, Beneath Caves of Demons
    Along Halls of Warriors, Between Ruins of Villians
    Courageous avatars of peace stand unyielding.

Follow this link for an expansive listing of my swag

justin

Yeah, im not gonna lie. The nerf of megid is pretty ridiculous, i mean dodging megid balls and returning fire with my rifles was hella fun. I believe that True Darkness S was never really a hard mission to begin with, but still, i do believe that this is pretty dumb. Megid has been the same way since PSO EP 1&2, why change something that isnt broke?

I like the changes to scape dolls, carrying only three, having to find them as drops, and getting the Red Screen Of Failure if you run out. Considering what a good change that is, I think instakill Megid spells would be stupid and frustrating in HIVE. It's almost exclusively used by annoying mob-type monsters anyway instead of cool boss-type stuff that's actually supposed to be dangerous.

On the other hand it could be a better SE than Infect, it ought to be something that messes you up and forces you to go reaching for Reverser or Sol Atomizer right away. Confuse, shock & silence, something like that.
    with great hat comes great responsibility
    Jagdpanzer lv130 M CAST - PT20 | FG20 | FF20 | Mewn Fan

Quote Originally Posted by The Necris Process View Post
    The cool thing about Megid was that it was a "dark" spell that was supposed to kill things in one hit, so it was one of the only things to fear in a game series that was already easy.
    I want to go curl up into a ball and cry over Megid being turned into a purple blob of failgoo in the first place, but I already did that back in 2000. >.<

The change sucks, though. It's taken SEED missions from "OH NOES ITS TEH SEED WERE ALL GOING TO DIE INSTANTLY :O!111111111111eleventy" to "Yay easy to get rarez." I really, really wish they would've kept the incapacitate effect in. HIVEs are completely not scary any more. But I can forgive the change in lieu of Acromaster rocking.

Boo Acromaster! Everyone plays that class!