Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

http://www.GAMESTOP.COM has it set to be released the 26th of this month while ebgames.com had the guts to push it back to the 11th of march. I called gamestop and the guy told me according to their computer it says scheduled to arrive the 26th. now either gamestop has not been updated or i am missing something. please help! I want to get it as soon as possible. Is there any chance gamestop and ebgames are the same company or am i just hearing wrong.

Mayor McCheese

ebgames and gamestop inc are two different companies. Usually, its gamestop that jumps the gun and issues new shipping dates on a whim. And since my pre-order and paycheck come from them...i'm going by their date.

edit:Interestingly, they've tacked on a little Q&A on the expanded information on gamestop.com

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TerribleDeliMeat on 2003-02-13 19:03 ]</font>

never mind i confirmed that 3/11 is official date. I called ebgames and asked them if the date was accurate and he said they only get their dates from the official retaliers in this case is microsoft. he said it is most likely gamestop did not update their dates and there isn't a chance in which one store would recieve this game before another store because it is a high demand item. so that clears this topic up. moderators, lock it if you please

Mayor McCheese

their "official sources" arent always the main companies. How would you explain the dates for Halo 2, Fable, etc? Microsoft has only issued a generic Winter 2003/Holiday 2003 yet most retail stores discovered specific (fake) dates. The only official date that has been issued by Microsoft was a shipping date of February 25th (back when the details of the game were issued..see "Microsoft announces Phantasy Star Online details" on gamespot), then the xbox website has another generic March 2003 date (which could be due to the fact Microsoft themselves have said the game will be in retail stores anywhere 2 to 7 days after the shipping date). Either way, I'm sticking by the gamestop.com date. They've obviously updated the product by providing the cover art and the Q&A and believe the sources spreading the new date wasnt reliable enough to change.

Don't believe any date unless it comes straight from Microsoft.

from previous experience, ebgames is right more often, but they're both wrong sometimes too...

Xbox c-mode enthusiast

On 2003-02-13 21:29, MonoxideChild wrote:
    Don't believe any date unless it comes straight from Microsoft.
    Well, on www.xbox.com it says "March 2003".

yea...becouse last november when live came out, pso was supposed to cmer out then... here ion the states..but no its been almost 4 months and still no damn pso

Mayor McCheese

I wouldn't always trust xbox.com (though I do realize it is the Microsoft run site). Up till about a week prior to its release, the site listed Capcom vs SNK 2 EO's release date as December 2002.

your best bet is to always watch press releases or fan sites that provide some backing (such as quotes from Microsoft themselves).

SR-16 Packing RAmar

I just went to preorder it at Gamestop (The Store Front) and they told me the date was Feburary 25th and something about them only receiving a limited amount on that day and a larger shipment on March 4th.