Default Some PSOBB Questions

Hiya all,

I just recently discovered the private server for PSOBB, its brought back soo many memories of my dreamcast and gamecube days of PSO, I used to play them so much, but quite surprisingly I seem to have forgotten so many of the basics : /

Soo first off, MAG's. I know the more they evolve the better attacks they get when their gauge is filled, but when feeding the different stat increases does this affect the power of their limit break attack? Or does it boost the players stats the stronger the MAG gets??

Secondly, on PSOBB at the bottom of the screen are empty slots numbered 1-10. When I got into Menu > Customize it only lets me change the 3 different "Action" buttons and a further 3 for when you press Ctrl in game. Is 1-10 the equivalent to the palette in PSU? Or is it for convo shortcuts? I seem to recall in PSO back in the day if you wanted to equip another weapon it had to be done by manually going into men and items and equippping it, I was just wondering if there's a quicker way I suppose.

Anyways if someone could get back to me with some info i'd greatly appreciate it

And maybe if anyone wants to do some runs with me over the weekend, that'd be great. I get the feeling, after spamming GBR and Winter Carnival so much on PSU recently its got a bit tedious and might put it on backburner for a while whilst I relive the naustalgia of PSO

Tifa
    Last edited by Ryna; Mar 28, 2009 at 06:33 AM. Reason: Private Server Name Removed

Quote Originally Posted by AOI_Tifa_Lockhart View Post
    Hiya all,

I just recently discovered the private server for PSOBB, its brought back soo many memories of my dreamcast and gamecube days of PSO, I used to play them so much, but quite surprisingly I seem to have forgotten so many of the basics : /

Soo first off, MAG's. I know the more they evolve the better attacks they get when their gauge is filled, but when feeding the different stat increases does this affect the power of their limit break attack? Or does it boost the players stats the stronger the MAG gets??
    depending on how you feed a mag will determine what photon blasts you get on your mag. As far as how much damage they do depending on what the stats are funnily enough I have no idea and I played since the dreamcast days consistently. However, I do know that in the Ultimate difficulty the photon blasts aren't as useful because the enemies are so strong so most people make sure they feed their mag so that they get the "twins" photon blast which boosts defense and firepower. If everyone chains at the same time then that one photon blast can heavily boost everyone's stats which is the most desired thing to have in late game. The dolphin is second best and then the ground pounding attack. I'm lazy with names but I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. I don't know if PBs are stronger because of syncro or level or specific stats. It must not really matter because no one ever says oh I don't want your mag because it has weak PBs thanks to its stats you put on it. More people are concerned about if the mag can cleanly max out their stats at level 200 with the rest of their equips.

Secondly, on PSOBB at the bottom of the screen are empty slots numbered 1-10. When I got into Menu > Customize it only lets me change the 3 different "Action" buttons and a further 3 for when you press Ctrl in game. Is 1-10 the equivalent to the palette in PSU? Or is it for convo shortcuts? I seem to recall in PSO back in the day if you wanted to equip another weapon it had to be done by manually going into men and items and equippping it, I was just wondering if there's a quicker way I suppose.
    When in customize hover the selection gizmo thingy over one of the things that you want to add to your shortcuts and then press 1-10 on the keyboard to bind it to that shortcut.

Anyways if someone could get back to me with some info i'd greatly appreciate it

And maybe if anyone wants to do some runs with me over the weekend, that'd be great. I get the feeling, after spamming GBR and Winter Carnival so much on PSU recently its got a bit tedious and might put it on backburner for a while whilst I relive the naustalgia of PSO

Tifa

Here is Mag FAQ:
    http://www.pso-world.com/sections.ph...icle&artid=957

I'm too lazy to read it.
    Last edited by Ryna; Mar 28, 2009 at 06:33 AM.

Hiya again,

Thanks for all the detailed info that helped no end

Tifa

Hiya all,

I just recently discovered (name censored) the private server for PSOBB, its brought back soo many memories of my dreamcast and gamecube days of PSO, I used to play them so much, but quite surprisingly I seem to have forgotten so many of the basics : /
    First off, we're not allowed to say the names of Private Servers. You may wish to edit out that name before a mod comes and sees it. I've taken the liberty of doing that for you in this quote, to give you a general idea. It's in bold. For more information, please read the stickies. Now, for you other question:

MAGs boost the stats of the character that equips them. Players commonly use them to max out their stats. I'm not sure what you mean by the "limit break attack" deal, but...

Quote Originally Posted by R3volver View Post
    depending on how you feed a mag will determine what photon blasts you get on your mag. As far as how much damage they do depending on what the stats are funnily enough I have no idea and I played since the dreamcast days consistently. However, I do know that in the Ultimate difficulty the photon blasts aren't as useful because the enemies are so strong so most people make sure they feed their mag so that they get the "twins" photon blast which boosts defense and firepower. If everyone chains at the same time then that one photon blast can heavily boost everyone's stats which is the most desired thing to have in late game. The dolphin is second best and then the ground pounding attack. I'm lazy with names but I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. I don't know if PBs are stronger because of syncro or level or specific stats. It must not really matter because no one ever says oh I don't want your mag because it has weak PBs thanks to its stats you put on it. More people are concerned about if the mag can cleanly max out their stats at level 200 with the rest of their equips.
    A MAGs stats does not determine how strong its PB will be. Synchro does that. A MAGs stats determines the increase in the characters stats. Example, a MAG with the stats 50/50/50/50 will increase the corresponding stat by the following amount:
    DFP - increased by 50 (1 point:1 level)
    ATP - increased by 100 (2 points:1 level)
    DEX (ATA) - increased by 25 (half-point:1 level)
    MIND - increased by 100 (2 points:1 level)

You should know this already, but I threw it out there anyways.

Man, it took a while to put this post together...
    Last edited by psofan219; Mar 27, 2009 at 02:09 PM.

yeah i assumed that syncro was the damage booster all these years. but i didnt know for sure if stats on your character or mag helped it a little bit. i assumed it didnt because when i was low level with a maxed mag it did the same insane amount of damage to enemies. I don't like to assume things when I really dont know. I screwed up one too many times thanks to that.
    Last edited by R3volver; Mar 27, 2009 at 10:55 PM.

Hiya all,

[edit this], its brought back soo many memories of my dreamcast and gamecube days of PSO, I used to play them so much, but quite surprisingly I seem to have forgotten so many of the basics : /

Tifa
    ABDUR:
    "Concerning Public Servers

No links to known public servers, or sites/forums which promote them, tell how to create them, etc.

Until ST officially announces that public servers are allowed, it is against forum rules to post any "How-to's" concerning them.

This goes for any online game. Do not promote, link to, explain how-to or solicite free-servers."

You really need to edit your post and remove what I scratched out before a mod has to do it themselves.

As for the Mags, Synchro increases the damage that Mag blasts do, they've always been a little shrouded in mystery and everyone ASSUMED that Synchro determined how fast you gain PB, and IQ determined how much effect your Blasts were... Well check this out
    http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genme...topic=47548158
    Last edited by Genoa; Mar 28, 2009 at 02:00 AM.

You realize by quoting it without removing it, you're breaking the rules too? :P
    (Dead server) :: Angra Mainyu : Ahura Mazda : Arbalest : Fischerspooner :: PSUpedia & Forums

NO U :<

I think both plays in the part of the rolls like if you Listen to ELENOR. And I actually think it depends on the Blast it self. Like if I remember you can do great damage with pilla just by having high sychro.
    Duck Tales
    # of Members: 45

Requirement to join Duck Tales - If I like the cut of your Jib jk its free for all
    wait no i mean free for all