I got a problem...........
    Today I HAVE A VERRY HARD TEST!
    And I got C!
    What should I do?
    my mom can be so MAD!
    Hide my test paper and fix it?
    Please!
    HELP ME!!!!
    <a href=http://www.pso-world.com/forums/group.php?groupid=129 target=_blank>http://www.pso-world.com/forums/group.php?groupid=129</a>
    Wanna new friends?join my group! Feel free to visit now!
    Click the picture to go now!

Be a man and show your Mom that test! Sure, you'll might get your ass chewed out or maybe even punished but if you studied and genuinely tried hard on the test try to help her understand that.

Be honest about it. Your punishment gets worse if you lie, or try to hide.

You probably won't be in as big of trouble as you think you will be.

sadly, school is all about grades and passing the class, NOT actually about learning. its one of the main reasons i hate school in general. if you get a C on the test, you may only know about 70% of the material, but that doesnt mean its too late to know 100%. you just need to look through the test, see what you messed up on, and go back and learn it. after thats done, you can truly say you know 100%. of course, your mark on the test will remain as 70% but you will know 100% and can safely move on to the next lesson.

it goes the other way too. if you already know the material well, there is no reason to do homework on it. there were times i just refused to do homework b/c i knew it all. my teachers would yell at me but i didnt care. doing homework just for the points is pointless. id rather use my time on better things, like going to arcades.

trying to genuinely learn something > caring about grades only

*disclaimer* please be careful. if you follow my advice, you could find yourself failing classes or getting into trouble, but at least you will be learning more than the others. many of the "top students" dont even go back and learn what they missed, or they dont even learn it in the first place. they just have good memorization skills.

of course, if you dont give a fuck about the subject at hand (which isnt hard to do considering all the BS schools teach), feel free to do what everyone else does and do the minimum amount of work needed to get good grades and pass the class, all while not learning a damn thing.
    Quit PSO2

Quote Originally Posted by Inazuma View Post
    sadly, school is all about grades and passing the class, NOT actually about learning. its one of the main reasons i hate school in general. if you get a C on the test, you may only know about 70% of the material, but that doesnt mean its too late to know 100%. you just need to look through the test, see what you messed up on, and go back and learn it. after thats done, you can truly say you know 100%. of course, your mark on the test will remain as 70% but you will know 100% and can safely move on to the next lesson.

it goes the other way too. if you already know the material well, there is no reason to do homework on it. there were times i just refused to do homework b/c i knew it all. my teachers would yell at me but i didnt care. doing homework just for the points is pointless. id rather use my time on better things, like going to arcades.

trying to genuinely learn something > caring about grades only

*disclaimer* please be careful. if you follow my advice, you could find yourself failing classes or getting into trouble, but at least you will be learning more than the others. many of the "top students" dont even go back and learn what they missed, or they dont even learn it in the first place. they just have good memorization skills.

of course, if you dont give a fuck about the subject at hand (which isnt hard to do considering all the BS schools teach), feel free to do what everyone else does and do the minimum amount of work needed to get good grades and pass the class, all while not learning a damn thing.
    Heh... I pretty much agree. I'm not going to do what you did though, I still have to get into college.
    Gamertag: inf3rn0 Lan
    Lan Katana│Male│Newman│Lv150│fT 20
    Malsa Powers│Female│Newman│Lv150│AT 20
    PSO2β: マルサ・パワーズ|Force lv17

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

Probably should do better on the test.

Hearty Official Member Chuck_Norris's Avatar

The obvious answer is to eat more spinach.

Quote Originally Posted by Inazuma View Post
    sadly, high school is all about grades and passing the class, NOT actually about learning. its one of the main reasons i hate school in general.
    Oh em gee, something I can finally agree with (well, added the bold for more accuracy).

Well I'm the opposite. I excelled at test taking, even when I didn't pay much attention. Then again it's because of the type of visual memory I have lol. But I absolutely hated doing homework. I felt it was pretty pointless to do. My grades wouldn't be super impressive, but my teachers knew I knew my stuff because I almost always scored A's on my tests, sometimes even being the top of the grading curve in my science and math classes.

But yeah, don't be afraid of showing it to your parents. It's better to get it done and over with ASAP instead of having to get found out and busted.

Just show the C grade.
    It could be worse. [Like an F.]

Just make sure you work more on the assignments.
    I always do poorly in tests, but I make up for it on assignments.

I could be worse.

Spoiler!

If it's high school, in all honesty, it doesn't matter as long as you pass - unless you're really gunning for some sort of scholarship or are in some sort of program that requires a specific GPA.

Or status.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."