Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default PS story theories

Quote Originally Posted by Sinue_v2 View Post
    That seems to be the leading theory among fans. At least, if you go by the US timeline and assume the AW and AUW calendars are congruent. The world ships of of Palma were NOT the pioneer ships though. This is evident because (not only do they not look anything alike) the Pioneer ships were built as part of a planned colonization effort. The Worldships of Palma were emergency evacuation transport, and most of them didn't make it. They were either destroyed by fragments of the planet, damaged and sent adrift derelict, destroyed by other worldships, or crashed into neighboring planets.

Only two of them were confirmed to have escaped intact. The NeoPalm and the Alisa III. In most endings of PSIII, the NeoPalm is unaccounted for. The Alisa III landed on a Earthlike planet in one ending, landed on EARTH (in present time) in another, met with the NeoPalm in a third. And the remaining ending found the Alisa III landing on a planet which quite resembled Ragol.

So the idea is that the Alisa III landed on Ragol after PSIII, and the inhabitants started a new life for themselves. The Dark Force aboard was not destroyed, and so it was sealed in the wreckage of the worldship. The new colony then perished for some unknown reason. As time went on, Dark Force regained it's strength - but did not have a corporeal body as it was destroyed in PSIII's time.

This sets the stage for PSO, the discovery of Ragol, and the ruins within. The destruction of Pioneer 1 and the temptation of Rico which lead her to the pits of the Ruined worldship where she was possessed and used as a physical anchor for Dark Force's power in our world.

This is only backed up by circumstantial evidence though - as Falz's obelisk resembles the same architecture found in the sunken ruins and his obelisk sits at the bottom of a dried up lakebed. Not to mention the "window" in ruins 1 which looks out into what looks like a collapsed dome and a temple in the distance. Also, Rico does mention that the "Ruins" are a "gigantic spaceship".

Personally, I would have preferred if PSU had turned out to be a prequel to the original series set millions of years before PS - and the SEED were the last remaining vestiges of the Rebellion Spiritual Race which came back to free their brethren from the seal after their defeat in the Great War. At the culmination of PSU, the characters must enter the rift to ensure the SEED are sealed away - and Karen sacrifices herself to allow the others to escape. Consumed by the darkness, Karen becomes the core by which the spiritual race gather unto and eventually transforming into the Profound Darkness.

This would not only be a decent ending for PSU, but it would enhance the ending of PSIV - because when you strike down the Profound Darkness (which is in female form), you're freeing Karen's spirit from the darkness after untold eons of horrors and anguish. PSO, on the otherhand, would be the renewal of this cycle - with Rico serving as the core for a new Profound Darkness.

Buuuut.... that opportunity is long past possible.
    Omg. I love you. This is amazing. You should write a fanfic book! I'll be a sponsor. =] Pinky promise!

why do people put so much thought into this subject so much? PSU isn't related to PSO or any other PS game except for the fact that its part of the franchise. anything from past PS games are just there for fan service. nothing else, nothing more. the stories aren't linked together. get over it.

VamP, I do have an idea for a fanfiction work which links PS, PSU, and PSO to a lesser extent. Though if I write it, I probably won't start it until PSU finishes it's storyline so that there are no major plotline curveballs thrown into the already tenuous connections I've made. There's also the issue of PSZero to consider - as well as PSP.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

Quote Originally Posted by Kanore View Post
    Okay, I overlooked the Ivalice games. But I can assure you that there's no solid link anywhere else between them.

not true, FFX-2 (regardless of how crappy a game it was) takes place in the world of FFVII before that timeline. shinra (the al bhed boy) makes a reference of using the energy of the world and being able to make a city powered by this energy. shinra corporation etc.

as for making links between the stories of PSO/PSU etc. why the hate? even if its pointless to do so, no one is asking you to read this topic or respond to it. if you hate the idea of it being linked so much dont even read this thread.

many games have un-official timelines or small things that can link them together, even if the writers/directors dont originally plan them, given time and enough fans whining, they usually link them together. take the zelda timeline. miyamoto said himself there wasnt an official timeline then a few years later made a very crude one with OoT being the start of it all.
    My life is much more groovy than love.
    My PC/PS2 characters R.I.P 8/27/07 - 3/31/10
    Runa Newman F : lvl 170 | Fortetecher: 20//Masterforce: 20
    Cocoruru CAST F : lvl 170 | Acrofighter: 20//Fighgunner: 20
    Asuka Beast F : lvl 170 | Fighmaster: 20
    Ruru CAST F: lvl 110 | Gunmaster: 20

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

I could just see it. After the encryption is done, they talk about how Ragol has prosperity, up until 50,000 years ago when some cataclysmic event happened. Then you see an image of a Dreamcast and a Game Shark to show that it's our fault back in PSO for hacking it. XD

I like this theory.

Random "Nice" Swordsman Calsetes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ruru View Post
    not true, FFX-2 (regardless of how crappy a game it was) takes place in the world of FFVII before that timeline. shinra (the al bhed boy) makes a reference of using the energy of the world and being able to make a city powered by this energy. shinra corporation etc.

as for making links between the stories of PSO/PSU etc. why the hate? even if its pointless to do so, no one is asking you to read this topic or respond to it. if you hate the idea of it being linked so much dont even read this thread.

many games have un-official timelines or small things that can link them together, even if the writers/directors dont originally plan them, given time and enough fans whining, they usually link them together. take the zelda timeline. miyamoto said himself there wasnt an official timeline then a few years later made a very crude one with OoT being the start of it all.
    Bear in mind that I haven't played every single FF game through to the end, I've played bits and pieces of a lot of them, and none of them recent since I see myself as having "grown out of them." Still like RPGs though, just prefer Star Ocean-style.

Anyway, by using this theory, couldn't you say that every FF game takes place in the same universe because they all involve the same magic, they all have Chocobos, they all have a guy named Cid who's eccentric and an inventor of some sort, or at least owns a thing called an airship? There's also a lot of the same monsters, who look the exact same, have the same moves, and the same names?

Regardless, if you want to find links between the PS games, then go ahead. If you want to think they're unconnected, then go ahead. My personal thoughts were this: PS1, 2, and 4 are in one universe, 3 in another, PSO in yet a third, and PSU in a fourth.

I do like how they could theoretically be connected though. My only question is where's the link between one universe (the original universe) and any of the others (either 3/PSO as mentioned, or PSU)?

Edit: Sorry if it comes off as an "I'm going to argue with you" kind of thing, but unless the guy who made X-2 and 7 actually said "these are in the same universe / world / realm of possibility" then it has just as much evidence as the original "PS3 and PSO are connected" argument - very well could be true, but could just as easily be a nod to it.
    Last edited by Calsetes; Apr 7, 2009 at 03:37 PM.
    Stupid, stupid rat creatures!

Default Events recognized in story mode.

Maximum Attack G was recognized in story mode. Mina congratulates the player on it in Chapter 4. In Chapter 6, Tomrain sites data from it during the mushroom discussion. "Tearing through the darkness" will be canon. I'm pretty sure Winter Event, 1 UP, and Firebreak were canon too.

"Rare missions" seem to be as real as the free mission, which are also recognized in story mode. Although, there is some ambiguity depending on the definition of "real" in the context of warped spaces, dimensions, visions, and virtual spaces. It's the same ambiguity in "dimensional rift" items.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruru View Post
    many games have un-official timelines or small things that can link them together, even if the writers/directors dont originally plan them, given time and enough fans whining, they usually link them together.
    This happened often in many real world mythologies and modern stories as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Calsetes View Post
    Sorry if it comes off as an "I'm going to argue with you" kind of thing, but unless the guy who made X-2 and 7 actually said "these are in the same universe / world / realm of possibility" then it has just as much evidence as the original "PS3 and PSO are connected" argument - very well could be true, but could just as easily be a nod to it.

Spoiler!

ho ho ho, when will you PSO fanboys realize that PSO is in NO WAY concurrent with the original Phantasy Star games. While it is a very good game, the only relations PSO and PSU have to the originals are item names, some tech names, and the title Phantasy Star slapped on. I mean really, NO were in the original Phantasy Star games is there photon technology, none! Not even at the height of the Algo civilization in Phantasy Star 2 (ok i think there was a few if you count Laser weapons as photon weapons)

tldr PSO PSU has NO relation to Phantasy Star 1,2,3, or 4 please stop trying to link them.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_Weltall View Post
    ho ho ho, when will you PSO fanboys realize that PSO is in NO WAY concurrent with the original Phantasy Star games. While it is a very good game, the only relations PSO and PSU have to the originals are item names, some tech names, and the title Phantasy Star slapped on. I mean really, NO were in the original Phantasy Star games is there photon technology, none! Not even at the height of the Algo civilization in Phantasy Star 2 (ok i think there was a few if you count Laser weapons as photon weapons)

tldr PSO PSU has NO relation to Phantasy Star 1,2,3, or 4 please stop trying to link them.
    "Captain!... We've found a lurker, your orders?!"

- While many share different views on the relationships regarding to the franchise, it's always nice to have something to relate to when you're investing a chunk of your life into these games. I can't help but feel a bit of nostalgia when I saw the water falls in the ruins during M. Attack G. Although SEGA would really really hit the spot if they released FULL stages from PSO instead of just "a small section." For example Forest should be, calm music, and afternoon, then the increased tempo and raining+storm in block 2.

Anyway, by using this theory, couldn't you say that every FF game takes place in the same universe because they all involve the same magic, they all have Chocobos, they all have a guy named Cid who's eccentric and an inventor of some sort, or at least owns a thing called an airship? There's also a lot of the same monsters, who look the exact same, have the same moves, and the same names?
    its not a "theory" when its in the very text of the story line linking two different games together. even if its a subtle hint it's still a direct link between games, where as this person Kanore said, and i quote "But I can assure you that there's no solid link anywhere else between them."

Edit: Sorry if it comes off as an "I'm going to argue with you" kind of thing, but unless the guy who made X-2 and 7 actually said "these are in the same universe / world / realm of possibility" then it has just as much evidence as the original "PS3 and PSO are connected" argument - very well could be true, but could just as easily be a nod to it.
    lol its fine i know everyone on the internet loves proof and thank you Zoamel_Gustav for this link here
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoamel_Gustav View Post
    Spoiler!
    My life is much more groovy than love.
    My PC/PS2 characters R.I.P 8/27/07 - 3/31/10
    Runa Newman F : lvl 170 | Fortetecher: 20//Masterforce: 20
    Cocoruru CAST F : lvl 170 | Acrofighter: 20//Fighgunner: 20
    Asuka Beast F : lvl 170 | Fighmaster: 20
    Ruru CAST F: lvl 110 | Gunmaster: 20