Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Cancelling a Live Account

I don't know why this bugs me, but it does. I don't understand why you can start a subscription through your Xbox, but you have to call them to cancel it. When you call them, you have to talk to someone. I got a lady that could barely speak English, and she asked me what my secret answer was, which I had to spell (>_>). Then she asked me why I was canceling, etc. I guess it wasn't too bad, but still... It's pretty obvious that they made it difficult to keep you subscribed, which is lame. Why can't they be nice about it?
    Last edited by Kylie; Apr 18, 2009 at 11:11 PM.

PSO2: Kylie.HUnewearl.Sh02

They want to make it take long and make it frustrating JUST so you won't want to call and drop your subscription. I got lucky once and got a pretty compliant chick, but every other time was like COME ON DUDE DONT CANCEL COME ON WHY YOU GOTTA BE LIKE DAT?

This is why I just use the prepaid cards, none of that annoying hassle and they don't even tax them, so you're paying the exact same amount anyway (or, possibly less, if the store is having a discount or something).

Of course, I'm always finding ways to avoid a phone whenever possible...

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

Its probably easier to call your credit card company and have them block the charge.

Quote Originally Posted by amtalx View Post
    Its probably easier to call your credit card company and have them block the charge.
    Thats what I tried to do with a PSU subscription, but I couldn't find it on the list of things billing that card... So god damn annoying how you can't cancel it over the dashboard. That PSU subscription has been running for a while and I don't even play the stupid game ;_;

Quote Originally Posted by Ragrappy99 View Post
    Thats what I tried to do with a PSU subscription, but I couldn't find it on the list of things billing that card... So god damn annoying how you can't cancel it over the dashboard. That PSU subscription has been running for a while and I don't even play the stupid game ;_;
    Yeah, I thought about giving the 360 version a try, but I cast out that idea as soon as I saw that Micorosoft handles the billing. Seriously. It's not a huge burden, but it's more of a hassle than it should be. What if I were deaf or mute? >_>

@Aisha: Forgot about those, but that's a good idea. :3

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

Quote Originally Posted by Kylie View Post
    Yeah, I thought about giving the 360 version a try,
    Blasphemer!

Quote Originally Posted by amtalx View Post
    Blasphemer!
    stone meh

Not that playing either version makes a difference in the long run (though I did notice a few differences on the demo).

cancelling thru ur credit card company doesn't work, they'll just charge you anyway, well in the uk at least, so theres no easy way out
    I'm straight, so what?

Just remember we've all become accustom to talking to people in India... And now India has become to expensive and we are outsourcing the outsource!