Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LiL_Beast View Post
    smd i wasnt scamming.
    Maybe you were, Maybe you weren't. But adding together all the "Scam" experiences in the past that had "Sorta" the same lay out as you're so called legitimate trade, I don't blame people for being suspicious and reporting you.

Cast/M, 150
    Beast/F, 86
    Newman/M, 110
    Beast/M, 101

Taking A Break From PSU

the selling of any currency for ingame currency will result in automatic ban in most games, due to the fact i do beleive it is illegal actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Overlord Zenon View Post
    the selling of any currency for ingame currency will result in automatic ban in most games, due to the fact i do beleive it is illegal actually.
    It is not illegal to sell in game currency for RW currency or vice versa.

It is against the ToS in PSU as well as all MMO games I know of simply due to the fact that it creates an unbalance in the economy.

To claim there will be legal repercussions for this action is simply illogical. Who and for what reason would write that law, let alone have it passed?!
    NiceOnes

My Current Favorite Poster: KubaraManiac JAFO22000's Avatar
    Texas Chainsaw Mascara, 'cause that's where you're from!

Quote Originally Posted by NiceOnes View Post
    It is not illegal to sell in game currency for RW currency or vice versa.

It is against the ToS in PSU as well as all MMO games I know of simply due to the fact that it creates an unbalance in the economy.

To claim there will be legal repercussions for this action is simply illogical. Who and for what reason would write that law, let alone have it passed?!
    Well it could be argued that all intellectual property pertaining to the game (i.e. everything in the game; weapons, meseta, character data) all belongs to Sega and they own the rights to it. If items or meseta are duped and then sold for money, someone else is profiting off of Sega's trademarked property which is illegal. This is tantamount to bootlegging. There's a reason bootlegging is illegal.

It doesn't matter how much time, effort, skill or whatever it took you to "earn" all of your in-game items; in the end they all still are sole property of Sega. If you sell it for profit without an agreement with Sega then you are committing an illegal act (though I'm sure they wouldn't take action unless the sold items gained a significant amount of revenue OR if sold items were ruining their game so much that they couldn't profit on it).

Quote Originally Posted by JAFO22000 View Post
    Well it could be argued that all intellectual property pertaining to the game (i.e. everything in the game; weapons, meseta, character data) all belongs to Sega and they own the rights to it. If items or meseta are duped and then sold for money, someone else is profiting off of Sega's trademarked property which is illegal. This is tantamount to bootlegging. There's a reason bootlegging is illegal.

It doesn't matter how much time, effort, skill or whatever it took you to "earn" all of your in-game items; in the end they all still are sole property of Sega. If you sell it for profit without an agreement with Sega then you are committing an illegal act (though I'm sure they wouldn't take action unless the sold items gained a significant amount of revenue OR if sold items were ruining their game so much that they couldn't profit on it).
    I guess I didn't think hard enough about this. Very valid point. I've been corrected.
    NiceOnes

i can see the unbalancing the biggest i've ever heard of tho is WoW certain games i know you can purchase in game money, but this usually that ive seen in modern games, can only be done once.

if you get unbanned, just wait for guardains cash. dont waste your time and other people's time with this nonsense. i blacklisted you because you were rappidly spamming your message.
    im pretty sure hundred's if not thousand's of other people have done the same.
    so even if you do get back online, expect to see "you are unable to join x player's game at this time"

also, you were warned several times by other player's not to keep it up, but you did.
    IMO ban is very fair and should only be removed when you learn some common sense and decide to play the game like the rest of us.

ok thanks and sorry

but does anyone know how long these ban's last?

IIRC the "currently disabled" message is the permaban message and it displays a different one for bans for a certain length of time. I've never been banned so I don't know for sure (maybe someone who got banned for the s+10s would know) but I think I remember reading that somewhere on the forums.
    (360) If you have a Love Inferno that you're thinking of selling, PM me pleeeeeease.

I was caught breaking the law and I went to jail for it. WHY?!
    Perfect Spiral | Beast
    Cygnus | Newman
    Enders | Cast