Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

Default So what's the secret to finding decent party members?

Hello, everyone. I'm _garnet, and I'm relatively new to PSU.

My boyfriend and I both play pretty heavily (we use the XBL gamertag DaviKaze, I'm Garnet and he's DaviKaze in-game). He's lv 116, lv 20 Fighgunner and I'm lv 77, lv 12 Acrotecher (yes, I'm lazy). We're also reasonable, intelligent adults. So far we've dealt with screaming eight year olds, booters, people who are constantly AFK, people who flip out about drops, and people who are pretty much just downright rude and stupid. It's not like we're new to online gaming or THE INTERNETS so it's not surprising, but it IS getting pretty old.

My question is this. Is there some secret to finding people to party with for a few runs that won't make us want to shoot ourselves in the head? Are there any active groups we could join to find nice, competent, and easygoing party members? We'd love to make some new friends and enjoy the game more, but uh, yeah, help us out here >_>

Thanks! You can contact me on AIM at battlexmaiden if you want to party up!

_garnet
    Last edited by _garnet; May 12, 2009 at 03:59 PM. Reason: nitpicking

Well, the only possible way is to get PSU for PS2 or PC. Sadly, the 360 is just full of little brats like that. Although the PS2/PC servers lack quantity, we make that up with having quality. That's my biased view, at least. I'm sure there are at least very few humane, sane, decent folks hiding around like ninjas on those 360 servers, but that's like trying to find a Vijerina / Resist or some other crappy comparison like that.

That's about all I can say about that...

Neko~
    Wuh wuh wee woo!?

Quote Originally Posted by ZyphNeko View Post
    Well, the only possible way is to get PSU for PS2 or PC. Sadly, the 360 is just full of little brats like that. Although the PS2/PC servers lack quantity, we make that up with having quality. That's my biased view, at least. I'm sure there are at least very few humane, sane, decent folks hiding around like ninjas on those 360 servers, but that's like trying to find a Vijerina / Resist or some other crappy comparison like that.

Neko~
    o hai i is frum pc evy1 nos dat 360 is onry 5 yr ulds

It's just luck if you get into good parties or not. I have yet to be booted in STD, and I've played quite a bit in it. I advise trying to find a few people that you'll be doing runs with that are nice, and play with them during the event. Not everyone is an idiot and if they have a keyboard and you do too, you may be able to make friends with them.
    Gamertag: inf3rn0 Lan
    Lan Katana│Male│Newman│Lv150│fT 20
    Malsa Powers│Female│Newman│Lv150│AT 20
    PSO2β: マルサ・パワーズ|Force lv17

I think you just have to keep playing and once you find good players see if you can stay in contact. I get a lot of partner cards from players along the way, but a few days later when I say hi and see if they want to do some runs, I am ignored.

It takes time but sooner or later (if you want to wait) you can find a good core group to depend on for runs.

These events seem to bring out the worst in some players so when this is all over and the community switches back to WB you might be able to find some better players.

Also try the part of the board where you are looking for a group.

Quote Originally Posted by ZyphNeko View Post

Neko~
    Its pretty much what neko said, if you want to find a group of good ppl on 360 servers its like a needle in a hay stack, except the needle moves around when it wants too. Since you and your bf isnt very high lvl'd, might as well try out the ps2/pc servers, see if you like it or not. I've played on both sides, ps2/pc is smaller, but still worth it. Since event is going on, shouldnt be too much of a problem to lvl up.
    #1 Dont feed the pikachu's #2 Do a barrel roll! <(O_O;<) gib meh teh babeh!

Not for nothing.... but if you want a chilled group to play with on XBL look into NOC clan. our website is WWW.JOINNOC.COM

but anyway look into finding cool people you like to run with make friends with players but always use caution on players because they like to befriend you than scam you for all you got. so just be careful out there. psu can be a cruel place sometimes.

Dayton/Fairborn/Troy/Springfield, OH, USA

Don't play in universe 1 or 2. Seriously.

I've been playing on uni 7 for the longest, usually with a semi-dedicated group. Sometimes there's too many of us, and we split into multiple parties.
    ~360~ MCVelvetJanuary
    ~Skyly~ Beseal 180 AF/FF/WT | True Villain Caseal 170+ AT/GT
    Violent Violet Caseal 180 PT/GM/FM | Mistress Vulcana Newearl 179+ MF

Ahh...I might be a kid, Yes, I am, But i also, don't like screaming kids.
    I blacklist right as they start playing music/screaming.
    Let me know if you want to do runs,though.

be careful a lot of people clam to be nice but will boot you the first chance they get. Take for instance yesterday me and another party member were running a PF our party had got. In the last room we got booted. Sucks for him cause as soon as we landed in the lobby there was a party sitting there and they invited us to run PF again. and at the end of the run we got it again. So 2x pf for the cost of 1 booted=epic for us.
    Meta77 and Melissa- The Ultimate dream team *in any game* aka cheesy duck and icecream bunny.
    Meta77-Level 150 FF: Human/M
    Metal Meta77-Level 150MG: Cast/M
    Neo Meta77-Level 149 MT: Newman/M
    Kasumi77-Level 64 F: Cast/F

The key is to not rely too much on joining other groups. If you're leading then you control who you play with; plus if you set a positive example people will recognize your fairness and levelheadedness resulting in some partner cards, that hopefully correspond to well adjusted friendly individuals (or not).

GT: Unknown Alias
    Add me at your leisure, I'd be glad to do runs with either of you.
    My toon is Exzeph F Beast 150 GT 20 / AT 20 / AF 11.
    Last edited by Dymalos; May 12, 2009 at 07:15 PM.