Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Fortefighter armour.

Hey. I'm a level 80, beast fortefighter. I was wondering what armour would be best suited? (Some recommendations would be good). I'm stuck as to which I should chose because, a lot are high EVA which I think is bad because it stops me during combos. (I have crappy A-rank armour.)

Also I got the dark wing from the event and I can't wear it, is that because I have crappy armour?
    私はグレッグです。日本語の勉強をしてーいます!すこし日本語はなします。はじめまして、よろしくおねがい します。
    Xbox 360 Gamertag: Silphonica

To wear S rank unit, you need S rank armor.

A-rank armor isn't crappy as long as the % is good. A 50% C rank armor is better than 0% S rank.

Serafi-senba is probably the best fighter armor. Good dfp, low eva, 4 slots, goes up to 50%.

I'd say Serafi-Senba would be best, but a good one will cost you an arm and a leg. If you want something cheap, Green Green Lines shouldn't be too expensive. Shy away from the "Rabol" armors if you don't want a lot of EVP... although that will naturally go up as you get into higher-rank armors.

My FFXIV:ARR Lodestone Page
    3DS Friend Code: 0318-8097-4335
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Hearthstone

1. Armas line.
    2. Serafi-senba
    3.Green-green line[or maybe switch this and serafi. the +2 STA is better than the head slot for FF..]
    4.Rabol lumirus.
    5.Orpa-senba
    6.Rabol orpad.
    Those are the only S-rank armor FF can use.The last 2 dont have extra slots.

If you don't want to use S-Rank shields yet, might want to check out Rabol Dunga and Delette Line. Both are pretty decent A-Rank shields with good fighter/ranger slots.
    (Dead server) :: Angra Mainyu : Ahura Mazda : Arbalest : Fischerspooner :: PSUpedia & Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Majarra View Post
    1. Armas line.
    2. Serafi-senba
    3.Green-green line[or maybe switch this and serafi. the +2 STA is better than the head slot for FF..]
    4.Rabol lumirus.
    5.Orpa-senba
    6.Rabol orpad.
    Those are the only S-rank armor FF can use.The last 2 dont have extra slots.
    You forgot quite a few, like Rabol Lebfa, Rabol Nico and Rabol Vijeri

My ForteFighter is using a yiel line for now

That, is a Secret!
    Xellos -Beast-Level 160 ForteFighter 20 | Xanatos -Cast-Level 77 FighGunner 13
    Golgo 13 -Cast-Level 58 ForteGunner 8 | Kuno -Human-Level 42 AcroFighter 5

I made a thread about this very thing awhile ago, and it has some helpful information:

http://pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156737

Hope it helps you.

PSO2: Kylie.HUnewearl.Sh02

Since you're a beast, you can live without an Extra slot or a Head slot. Obviously, if you can get all slots, it's better but Head and Extra are not TOO important for a Beast fF. Arm is fairly important (though you CAN get away without it), but Body slot is vital. I would disregard any armour with no Body slot unless it's for an element that doesn't inflict a status often. For example, I use a De Ragan Line for Fire element, because most Fire monsters will only tend to inflict Burn, which doesn't bother me anyway.

At Lv80 I'm guessing you don't have vast amounts of money, so I would suggest the following:
    - Get a Rabol Lumirus for your ground armour. It's VERY cheap, and gives Arm/Body/Extra. The downside is the DFP is low for S-Rank (Tenoras focus on EVP), but honestly you'll be fine in one. Just remember this is Ground-element only. If you want to find this, it drops in the end boxes of Phantom Fissure S (the rare Neudaiz mission).
    - For the other elements, I would recommend:
    - Orpa-senba (Head/Arm/Body, any element, drops from Demons Above S2/Moonlight Beast S2 Boss Boxes as a board).
    - Rabol Lebfa (Head/Arm/Body, any element, drops from Navals (100-149) or from Desert Terror S2 boss boxes as a board).
    - Rabol Orpad (Head/Arm/Body, any element, drops from Awoken Serpent S/S2 boss boxes as a board).
    - Rabol Nico (All slots, any element, drops from Lv150+ SEED-Argine. These are in The Magashi Plan A in the final room; they're selling fairly cheap but most are very low % since they drop made).
    - Rabol Vijeri (Arm/Body/Extra, Dark only. Drops from 150+ Jusnagun in The Magashi Plan A. Don't even bother hunting one, they're very cheap to buy).

Those would be good armours to start with, particularly Orpa-senba/Rabol Lebfa/Rabol Orpad, as you can get boards for those). If money is no object, consider Armas Line or Serafi-senba.

Hopefully this helps- if it looks intimidating to find some of that, remember one thing. At least you're not a Cast and need the Extra slot for an SUV.

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)

Thanks for the suggestions everyone, I appreciate it.
    私はグレッグです。日本語の勉強をしてーいます!すこし日本語はなします。はじめまして、よろしくおねがい します。
    Xbox 360 Gamertag: Silphonica