Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default What did you name your PM(s)?

I got the idea from Mizari's "How did you name your character(s)?" thread. I thought it would be interesting to see what (and why) people named their Partner Machines!

Here are mine:

Zefiris is Stukasa's PM, a pure striking type (GH-414). She's named after one of my friend's online nicks, which in turn comes from a character from the anime series "Scrapped Princess."

Kurumi is Aki's PM, a pure range type (GH-434). Her name comes from the anime "Steel Angel Kurumi." I chose it because she's a CAST (steel) with little wings (angel). Pretty simple, huh?

Rio is Stukasa-chan's PM, a pure tech type (GH-450). She's named after my cat.

Devi is Akasha's PM, a pure armor type (GH-440). Like her master, her name is rooted in Hinduism and means "Goddess." I chose that name so she could watch over me (protect me during missions) and bring me good fortune (good synthing success). XD

Sig art by Aussei ^_^

Red Savina, Naga Jolokia and Habanero are all named after chili plants. diPPy is my other half's nickname but with added weird capitalisation just to match my weird naming conventions.

Juno's PM used to be called Reactor. Geeky band reference there

I decided to name my GH 450s "Natalie" since that sounds like the female version of my name, Nathan. When I had these PMs in the past, my GH 480 was named "Ask Jeeves" and my GH 490 was named "Clifford".
    Starter of the "Welcome to PSO-World" and "Happy birthday!" trend since July 10, 2008.

Come play PSO with me on Ephinea server!
    https://ephinea.pioneer2.net/

Named mine Pete. Not that original but it works.

I named mine what it loves the most "Okiku"

Kylie's is Mikami (490), named after a Death Note character.

Elle's is Alyssa (413), named after my favorite Outbreak character.

Libra's is Takeda Ayumi (453). It used to be my main's PM's name, but when my main got a male PM, I gave this name to Libra's PM because it was too special for me to retire. I named it after one of my friends.

Stud's is Muffin (470). This one was just for fun.

PSO2: Kylie.HUnewearl.Sh02

Quote Originally Posted by hyperacute View Post
    Juno's PM used to be called Reactor. Geeky band reference there
    ROFL, Juno Reactor. Good one.

Well, most of my PM's didn't reach their full evolution yet, so they have temporary names.

Two of them are named Blue Ball, because they are blue balls, and the other one is the metallic angel PM evolution, so I called him SID Icarus (very nerdy triple reference here).

My beast PM's is called Erzbeth, which is the name of a NPC in my current D&D campaign (or rather she was, she got killed). The use of lightning magic and the maniacal laughters were quite close to the original one.

Rust's PM went through various appearances and names, such as Panzerschrek (shotgun PM), FanService (maid), NekoMimi Mode (catgirl/gypsie), Asahina Mikuru (range PM, because the one I had selected kinda looked like her) or Reisen Udongein Inaba (bunnygirl) ; but I ended setting it back to 0 because I wasn't satisfied with its stats (was kinda upped a bit in everything), so now it's back to SID Icarus.

Currently working on the three last PM evolution, and their names have already been chosen.

For the shota/young boy, Happy Rotter. Naming him like that because he uses magic, and guessing from which caracter I'm getting my inspiration isn't very difficult.
    For the hippo/whatever, Fat and Furious. Again, a stupid pun (I'm a stupid pun lover). Nothing to do with cars here, but he is fat, and quite aggressive, so yeah.
    And for the butler, Conan stole my bagpipe. This one would be too long to explain, but it has to do with the fact I find the butler to look kinda scottish (don't ask me why).

Trey Winters' PM Vanora (GH451): Vanora in old Welsh/Scottish means "white wave", which I figured could work with both my characters last name and the fact that she heals, plus the letter V, which I like for some reason.

Vanessa Frost's PM Gabrielle (GH433): Originally named while she was a GH431, I thought she looked like a bookworm, so I wanted to give her what I considered to be a name worthy of one (maybe Gabrielle Carteris from 90210 fame gave me the idea, I dunno). When I changed her to a GH433, I decided to keep the name, 'cause it had grown on me.

Cheyenne Noir's PM Nightshade (GH413): Character is all dressed in black, so I wanted a character both named and dressed the same.

Dragonfly's PM Damselfly (GH453): Feminine version of Dragonfly's name, and a PM just as green as he is.
    “Winter must be cold for those with no warm memories...”

I named my PM (GH-450) Churel after the one of my favorite MAGs form PSO - Churel. They got the same colors!

Grand, eh?

GH 442

I named it GH 442 because it's the name of that PM.

also
    1. Becuase of it's SUV
    2. Becuase sometimes can heal
    3. and attack and shoot.

Pike (2* GRM Spear) - Dus Daggas
    Hirokteri (10* Yohmei Bow) - Masei-sou
    Bulletmaster (7* GRM Twin Handguns) - Twin Rising
    Batonara (3* Yohmei Wand) - Resta
    Sturm Buster
    Last edited by Ryno; May 20, 2009 at 04:17 PM.