Default Vista graphics lag

Alright, I run a Windows Vista system, and play PSU on it. It is really slow, graphically. I know it's not my internet, because I had played PSU on XP before, and it ran fine. I need help as how to have a smooth running game without sacrificing graphics. I have a ATI Radeon HD3200 Graphics card/system. My actual computer system is an Acer. I don't know if that's enough details or not, but please help.
    And now for something, completely different. Which is, more or less, basically the same.

If you don't already have the Catalyst Control Center download it. Choose your Vid card, then after its all downloaded, and installed, bring it up, and choose options there,

Bring what up? I'm trying to find exactly what to bring up, but there are so many different things. @_@
    And now for something, completely different. Which is, more or less, basically the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeal View Post
    Bring what up? I'm trying to find exactly what to bring up, but there are so many different things. @_@
    The catalyst control center. There should be a little red box in the right corner of your desktop, near the time- it would say ATI- if you downloaded the CCC correctly. Then double click that, you should get something that looks like this----->

Then you want to switch ALL of the options to HIGH PERFORMANCE, if that's what you want. You can mess around with all the settings as you see fit. Yours will look slightly different, since we have different vid cards.

Alright, I run a Windows Vista system, and play PSU on it. It is really slow, graphically. I know it's not my internet, because I had played PSU on XP before, and it ran fine. I need help as how to have a smooth running game without sacrificing graphics.
    It could possibly be a RAM issue. Vista uses a lot of resources (a lot more than XP). How much RAM does your system have? It could be that your system is struggling to have enough resources to run Vista and play PSU at once. I run a 4GB RAM PC, and Vista takes 1GB of my RAM. Maybe you just don't have enough RAM.

The only other ways of improving performance would be to reduce visual settings (turn off shadows, turn off Post Effects, turn Frameskip from 0 to 1-3, lower the resolution). Unfortunately, doing any of those will make your game look worse.

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)

I have a 3 GB RAM. I think that's an alright size. I think. >_>;;

I have the Catalyst Control Center, I just need to understand it now. xD I'm afraid of messing it up too much. Grrr...There's too much to understand and mess around with. T_T

Your CPU might not be strong enough to keep up as well.
    (Dead server) :: Angra Mainyu : Ahura Mazda : Arbalest : Fischerspooner :: PSUpedia & Forums

Joy...Here, lemme post what's written on the laptop;

Aspire 5530
    -AMD Turion X2 dual-core mobile technology RM70 (2.0 GHz, 1 MB L2 cache)
    -Up to 1408 MB ATI Radeon HD3200 Graphics HyperMemory
    -3GB DDR2
    -15.4" WXGA Acer CrystalBrite LCD (8ms/220-nit)
    320GB HDD
    -DVD-Super Multi DL

Yes. That's what is written on the laptop. If anyone can make sense of it, I'd be mighty appreciative to you.
    PSU, I have frameskip set to 2, and all those LOD options set at 32. The slider options are set at highest. Textures are 'Normal', Anisotropic Filtering is set to 'On', MIPMAP is 'On', Motion Calculation is 'Hardware', Post Effects is 'On', and I don't have Shadow mapping on. Screen Size is '1024 x 768', 32bit screen color, Window Mode is on. So, yeah. I hope that helps you help me. xD

Integrated laptop graphics is your worst enemy when it comes to running games. Especially such a poorly-coded resource hog like PSU. :/
    (Dead server) :: Angra Mainyu : Ahura Mazda : Arbalest : Fischerspooner :: PSUpedia & Forums

I have a 3 GB RAM. I think that's an alright size. I think. >_>;;

I have the Catalyst Control Center, I just need to understand it now. xD I'm afraid of messing it up too much. Grrr...There's too much to understand and mess around with. T_T
    I posted something a while back explaining EVERYTHING, I'll try to find it and re-post. If I cant find it, I'll make a new "walkthrough".

Joy...Here, lemme post what's written on the laptop;

Aspire 5530
    -AMD Turion X2 dual-core mobile technology RM70 (2.0 GHz, 1 MB L2 cache)
    -Up to 1408 MB ATI Radeon HD3200 Graphics HyperMemory
    -3GB DDR2
    -15.4" WXGA Acer CrystalBrite LCD (8ms/220-nit)
    320GB HDD
    -DVD-Super Multi DL

Yes. That's what is written on the laptop. If anyone can make sense of it, I'd be mighty appreciative to you.
    PSU, I have frameskip set to 2, and all those LOD options set at 32. The slider options are set at highest. Textures are 'Normal', Anisotropic Filtering is set to 'On', MIPMAP is 'On', Motion Calculation is 'Hardware', Post Effects is 'On', and I don't have Shadow mapping on. Screen Size is '1024 x 768', 32bit screen color, Window Mode is on. So, yeah. I hope that helps you help me. xD
    You should be fine after setting up CCC. Your laptop other than RAM is a slightly better than mine. (AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-60 2.00 GHz)

Quote Originally Posted by beatrixkiddo View Post
    Integrated laptop graphics is your worst enemy when it comes to running games. Especially such a poorly-coded resource hog like PSU. :/
    It's fine, for a game like PSU where the graphics don't have to be OMG amazing to run, laptops with integrated vid cards is alright. Mine runs PSU great, no lag, no slow time, nothing bad at all, and that was before I learned how to use the CCC. Now it looks awesome, and runs even better.