Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Default King of Fighters XII

Okay, so there's no sign of some of my favorite characters from XI (actually, my entire team of choice hasn't been confirmed), but that's all right! This game is gorgeous, and I must have it.

Trailer:

PSO2: Kylie.HUnewearl.Sh02

I'm not really a huge fan of 2D fighters, and the King of Fighters series has never really stood out to me as something incredible (just like Street Fighter II hasn't), but the sprite work in King of Fighters XII is fantastic.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

Wow. I don't usually care for 2D fighters either, but it looks like the developers here have pushed 2D sprites to a new high. Wonder how it will look @ 60fps.

I will have to Gamefly this puppy when it hits stateside.

Kylie, I didn't know you were a KOF fan. And holy crap! I forgot all about Elizabeth! She was confirmed after all. And Mature is back?! O_O Got an eyepatch though. Iori must have jacked her up... Hard to have recieved that.
    Remembering the Universe. Click below!

Yeah, I've been keeping my eye on this puppy and might pick it up for my trey since D-Pad is superior. This and Blaz Blue make this summer, a fighting summer.

"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

definately a must buy for King of fighters and If I have the spare cash Ill pick up Blaz Blue as well.
    Im really not that dangerous...

Yeah, I've always found King of Fighters and its ilk to be the clumsy neighbor (in a leg cast) to the superior Street Fighter, but damn if that game doesn't look amazing.

I know the workload is insane, but I would love to see more games using giant gorgeous sprites like this. (I think about all the adventure games back in the day that essentially had fully-animated cartoon characters. Now imagine how great that would look if they did something like that in the HD era.)
    Last edited by Outrider; Jun 8, 2009 at 10:19 AM.

Man, KOF is like the only series with a yearly release that's actually good.
    XI was such a gem. Hoping XII will have an impressive roster.

Is it just me or does Athena look kinda... out of place?

Quote Originally Posted by AC9breaker View Post
    Yeah, I've been keeping my eye on this puppy and might pick it up for my trey since D-Pad is superior. This and Blaz Blue make this summer, a fighting summer.
    You forgot about MVC2 =P
    Creator of Tethealla, Administrator of Ephinea.

oh man, fireless Iori looks pretty damn sexy.

Also MATUREEEEEEEEEE all we need is Vice and I'll be set for life *o*

"It looks cool this way, let's stop."