Thread: 1 vs 100 Live

Question 1 vs 100 Live

Kinda surprised there isn't a topic about this already.

Has anyone been playing 1 vs 100 on Xbox Live Primetime? I'm not normally a fan of trivia games (except for things like... You Don't Know Jack), but this is kinda fun - especially when they had the special E3 Trivia session, which had 100,000 people playing at once, and all of the questions were either about things that appeared at E3, famous game appearances, or video games in general. Video game trivia is always fun - for the most part though, the game is just general trivia, but the questions, from what I've seen, are more in line with modern occurrances than facts from history or obscure information.

And, of course, it's free to everyone with an Xbox Live Gold account. They aren't giving away prizes in Microsoft Points or Xbox Live Arcade games, being that it's still in beta, but for every question you answer, you get an entry into a raffle to be drawn when the beta ends, for various prizes - so there's some incentive to play, even though it's essentially a free game.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

How does the multiplayer aspect tie into the game? Are you just answering questions on your own? How are you interacting with other players?

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

@Kent: Actually, you can win points. One of my buddies got some points from playing.

@Rubius: Basically, you answer trivia as much as you can and attempt to get the most right. It also has a points system as well, you get bonuses for answering quickly, getting a streak, etc. In the Live version, they select someone to play against 100 people. If the 1 gets it right, he stays in, and the people who got it right out of the 100-or the mob-, stay in as well. If the one gets it wrong, he loses. If anybody in the mob gets it wrong, they're dropped. If the one loses, the mob gets the winnings split between them evenly. If the One (lolNeo) wins, they get all of the earnings.

Right now, they're only doing Extended play, which means you play with anybody that's in. Last time I was on Extended play, there were about 98,000 players all playing at once. I'd recommend it, it's pretty fun, and there are some trick questions in there too.

You and 3 other people can join in a party, theres no private slots as far as I know so invite friends as soon as possible.
    You wait outside the "building" until the game starts.
    When it starts you go inside where everyone else is (not sure if the other characters onscreen outside of your party are real but Im pretty sure they are)
    A question is displayed onscreen and 3 choices for the answer are given
    depending on the speed of your choice you earn points.
    A streak of correct answers increases a multiplier for correct answers giving more points.
    3 correct answers in a row earns a "skip" (if you dont know a question you can preserve your streak using a skip).
    Every 10 questions there is a break where you can check how the top 10 are doing compared to you and your party... and you get to watch a commercial LOL
    Its pretty fun. the time flies when your playing it.
    Im really not that dangerous...

Just another thing the EU has been deprived of.
    私はグレッグです。日本語の勉強をしてーいます!すこし日本語はなします。はじめまして、よろしくおねがい します。
    Xbox 360 Gamertag: Silphonica

It's pretty fun, too bad I work Friday and Saturday nights...
    (Dead server) :: Angra Mainyu : Ahura Mazda : Arbalest : Fischerspooner :: PSUpedia & Forums

I need to give this a try. I guess I should take a break from my new PC and see how it is.

PSO2: Kylie.HUnewearl.Sh02

Extended Play can get a bit boring but the Live show is very fun and entertaining. The E3 night was the funnest so far, I actually knew some questions!
    Nothing is sacred. Not that it ever was.

wow. i tried 1vs100 today and it is MADDD hard. probably because im only 15 and i dont know alot about older movies and what not..
    GT: bay siikk