Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: TheOne's Theory

Hybrid View

On 2003-02-19 00:28, VulpesMundi wrote:
    Don't forget that if you press up, up, down, down, L, R, L, R, B, A you'll be suped-up with an infinite range, super speed mechgun with insane ATP and two glowing orbs for MAGs that mimic every laser blast your gun shoots. =>.>=

Disclaimer...
    This poster nor site will hold any responsibility for damage to fingers, controllers, or anything else nearby when frustration insues trying to figure out why you can't get this to work.

I like that VulpesMundi. LOL.. Good to see a sense of humar around these forums..

PSO Assassin

Don't forget that if you press up, up, down, down, L, R, L, R, B, A ... <snip>
    Lol ! the old Konami code for NES games !!!!!
    That makes me nostalgic !

It worked for me 3/4 times offline.

Plus, saying its false is something you will never have proof for, no matter how high on yourself you are.

You may want to start constructing coherent sentences...

It's downright false, I'm 100% certain of that. And, yeah, I'll be willing to put my word up against anyone that says that it's true.

So, are you up for it?

On 2003-02-19 11:04, TeamPhalanx wrote:
    So, are you up for it?
    Yes.
    > TeamPhalanx

It would humor me greatly to see you PROVE to me this doesnt work.

old school fanatic

On 2003-02-19 05:24, Vic_Viper wrote:
    Don't forget that if you press up, up, down, down, L, R, L, R, B, A ... <snip>
    Lol ! the old Konami code for NES games !!!!!
    That makes me nostalgic !
    Don't forget to press Start

Actually, it's quite easy. It comes down to programming and experience.

This theory states that whether or not you get a drop depends on whether or not you send any info to the GC at the time of the boss's death via the controller.

You know what, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that the character (action) data is separated from the drop data. Mainly because I don't believe for a moment that ST would want to write up an additional hundred+ lines worth of codes.

Odds are, the boss drop is determined before the battle even starts.

Experience wise, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that I've killed a hell of a lot of bosses than you. Taking the empirical approach, I'm right and you're wrong. In addition, I doubt any of the other veterans of the game will agree to the theory (they'll probably laugh at it as I would), so, that's even more experience right there.

So, overall, I've got experience and common sense on my side. What have you got?

On 2003-02-19 11:25, TeamPhalanx wrote:
    So, overall, I've got experience and common sense on my side. What have you got?
    Ok, before I move on to my side of this, let me confirm yours. When you say experience you mean you have killed many bosses! Congrats, you truly are an experienced PSO player. Also, your common sense is simply that ST wouldnt go through the trouble to write additional codes to alter the drop feature. At best, this is a retarded statement, because no matter how experienced you are you dont know jack shit about what ST does. I'm sure it took some more effort to figure out the drops for certain ID's, but maybe I'm just going out on a limb here.

It worked for me 3/4 times; does this mean its true? No, it doesnt. But because some tight ass player says it doesnt work just from her experience is false. Im sorry Phal, no matter how much you try to prove this, you'll never be able to.

But feel free to keep rambling about your experience, maybe if im bored Ill read it.

Nothing wrong with trying it out...