Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Help with Arkz Mission?

Cant get past level 21 of Arkz storyline (Towards Truth 2). It's where you're by yourself against Kranz and Sil'fer with "Last Battle" and "Last Deck" decks (not sure about names) at Molae Venti. I've tried all sorts of stuff but the best i can do is take one of them out. Any basic stategies or deck ideas out there? Anything will do at this point. Btw, i am CLv 33, 5 xp to 34, so don't suggest that I use SS cards in my deck plz. All SS I have is Chaos Bringer+.

Heavy Battle Virtuaroid VR-Raiden's Avatar

I think I remember guard creatures being effective for that, cause it's really hard to keep both of them from getting past your monsters. A good Endu deck might do the trick.

Mmm have you tried casting techs from behind a Monster? Bring one costs to distract Sil'fer and draw away some of Kranz long range stuff.
    Holy ray is weak but it does paralyze ( I think he has holy ray in that battle, I forget).

I don't know what cards you have but Hildebear is pretty common, and although it cant be set that far away from you it only takes about 6 turns for the computer to reach your zone anyhow. It'll take me a while to reach that point in the game again but I'll try after work tomorrow and see what can work.

Thanks for your help. I'll see if these strategies will work. Would it help if I posted a list of my cards?

Heavy Battle Virtuaroid VR-Raiden's Avatar

Yeah that would help. And using techs probably is a good idea actually, usually the com is worse at defending against them.

Okay, I'll post the list in three different posts to make it easy to read. I have three or more cards unless specified. Sorry if they're hard to read.

Creautres
    Booma, Gigobooma, Tollaw x 1, Savage Wolf, Barbarous Wolf, Rag Rappy,
    Al Rappy, Love Rappy x 1, Mothmant, Monest x 2, Hildebear, Hildeblue x 2,
    Evil Shark, Pal Shark x 1, Guil Shark, Vulmer, Govulmer, Poison Lily,
    Ob Lily x 1, Hidoom, Migium, Pan Arms x 2, Pofuilly Slime x 1, Pouilly Slime,
    Nano Dragon, Gillchich x 2, Dubchich x 1, Canadine, Canane, Canabin, Canune, Sinow Zoa x 1, Sinow Zele x 2, Garanz x 1, Baranz x 1, Dimenian, Arlan x 2, Merlan x 2, Claw, Bulk, Bulclaw x 2, Dark Gunner, Death Gunner, Dark Belra x 1 Chaos Sorcerer x 1, Chaos Bringer + x 1, Morfos
    Last edited by ilikecheese; Jun 14, 2009 at 09:17 PM.

Actions
    Attack, Slash, Long Arm, Snipe, Round Slay, Chaotic Attack, Stab, Cross Slay, Assault, Damaged Blow x 1, Split Boost, Mighty Knuckle, Attack 6 x 1, Berserk x 1, Madness,
    Half Attack, Combo x 1, FL Attack, NA Attack, AB Attack, MC Attack x 2, DK Attack, SW Attack, GN Attack, CN Attack, SH Attack, Punch, Thread x 1, Bind, Acid, Heavy Blow x 2, Knock Out, Drop x 1, Bind Kill, Concentrate, Lock 1, HP Attack, Change Attack, Drain, Rage x 1, Acceleration, Tech x 1, Foie, Gifoie, Barta, Gibarta x 2, Zonde, Resta x 1, Quake x 1, Dodge, Guard, Wall, Patience, Resist, Reduction, Survival, Solid x 2, Avert x 2, Half Defense x 2, Seal, Couter x 1, NA Guard, AB Guard, MC Guard x 1, DK Guard, SW Guard, GN Guard, CN Guard, Penetrate Guard x 1, Punch Guard x 2, TP Defense x 2, Grow Guard x 2, Weakness x 1, Bequeathx 2, Dash x 1

Assists
    Dice + 1, Card Return x 2, Shuffle Group, Trash 1 x 1, Assist Vanish, Tech Field x 2,
    Forest Rain x 2, Cave Wind x 2, Ruin Darkness, Saber Dance x 1, Bullet Storm,
    Cane Palace x 1, Influence x 2, Muscular x 2, Resistance x 2, Skip Move, Skip Draw,
    Permission x 1, Quick Time x 1, Rich x 1, Assist Reverse, Ransom

Oops, forgot some stuff in earlier posts.
    Hallow Rappy x 1, Clippen x 1, Beat x 1

If this helps too, I've tried so often that i understand the COM's strategy. Silfer tends to set one or two dagger weapons with Steady Damage, either Cross Scar or Blade Dance, and a few mags, one of which (the Rati, I think) has Aerial. Kranz usually sets something along the lines of a Justy and a Shifta Merge. As far as Assists go, they have set one that makes them Aerial and another that gives them nine move. I hope all this is useful.
    Last edited by ilikecheese; Jun 14, 2009 at 09:32 PM.

I strongly suggest that you use Lura or K.C. with this setup.

1 vulmer, 2 hildebear, 2 canadine, *1 dark belra*, 1 chaos bringer, 1 monest, 1 clippen
    3 guard, 2 avert, 1 reduction, 1 counter, 1 resist, 1 bequeath, 1 dodge
    1 attack=6, 1 mighty knuckle, 1 long arm, 1 stab, 1 quake, 1 slash, 1 hp attack
    1 "dice+1"

and 3 cards for whatever. I'd go with berserk, madness, another canadine/ob lily and slash. Or perhaps more assist cards.

Save the Dice +1 for covering up their Stamina assist card ( i think thats the one that gives nine move). Would be nice if you had "companion" but it isnt neccesary.

Chaos bringer is in the deck to move the Monest. You could use govulmer/barbarous wolf if you want but Chaos bringer can get strong really fast if the the foes take the low cost bait.

I put a Belra in virtually all of my Lura decks. You're gonna need some mad high rolls if you want to play it right though.

Quake is in the deck because it pretty much rapes Sil'fer in this battle. I prefer luras quake over K.C.s because Lura can shoot around your own creatures and also nail both Kranz and Sil'fer at once. K.C. is decent because he can bait the COMs to waste their defense cards earlym but be sure that ther'es always a creature between K.C. and Kranz gun range or else you'll pay for it. Ohgun's a great choice too but the 4 MV of the characters I mentioned gives you the mobility of a knight in chess, which means you'll always outrun silfer and often even Kranz gun range.

Depending on how often they use Fly, you can replace canadines with claws since claws get a bonus against aerial foes, as does Lura.

The deck looks (and IS) basic but its only a slight variation of what I'd use so it'll be just fine. S rank and all the Jazz that comes with it.

Alright I'm at that point in the story. Silfer killed herself before she made it over to me and Kranz Set fly on himself while he was unequipped so Lura owned him. Mighty knuckle with 6 ap remaining hits for 13 damage. Too easy. I'll use my Action replay to create the same 1 vs 2 scenario in free battle mode.

-First free battle attempt, I rolled 1:1 at a critical moment and was wiped out.

-Second attempt, Dark belra is too good. Their decks seem ill-equipped to deal with that kind of damage. And since its Belra is "Action card unable", I can draw my entire hand in favor of defense cards and canadines.
    Last edited by RAGNAGELPPOD; Jun 15, 2009 at 03:28 AM. Reason: Battle update