Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Arika View Post

If they could add unique attack motion/PA for some specific weapons like what you say also, that would be even better. However, the harder work they need, the less chance it is likely to happen. so I think that it is too hard to hope.

Anyway, It is better to do something than do nothing. I think that you should post this in official forum (we have "suggestion section" there), and might even better. there is a suggestion box in JP site somewhere that I link with Espiokaos for my Masterforce idea before. (only if you could write JP)
    Well, they would have to reprogram some things, but they wouldn't have to implement any new animations, only paste together ones that already exist.

For instance, the idea with the Svaltus sword and the shooting wave? Give it a custom PA (only avaliable to you while equipped) that does the last Gravity Break slash that doesn't do damage, but instead shoots a wave that does damage. They wouldn't have to make a new animation, only alter some data so it'll work. For the Force idea of extra weapons, they would only have to alter existing technic data to make it work. If they WANTED they could change some things around (Rafoie with some lightning in it lol), but the effect is what counts. Your idea would work pretty well too. I think theres only one item that has any kind of special effect like that, and its the Frying Pan weapon that inflicts random burn. The 2-headed ragnus WOULD be alot cooler if it had an option to "Turn on the fire" lol. In fact alot of weapons would be cooler with the ability to "turn the photon on".

Besides, this game has PLENTY of unused animations -- hell, there are enemies that use animations we dont! Since the rouge enemies have the exact same models as our characters do, they can definatley work for us. They just have to program them. If you havent noticed...

-They have dodge roll animations, both to the side and front.
    -They have melee animations for wands, rifles, and grenade launchers (maybe more)
    -Axe users have a combo that includes animations that even players dont use, either in their real combo or all their PA's.
    - Crouch + shoot animations for rifles and bows
    - different casting animations for technic weapons

They could use all these towards extra attacks. For all we know there could be more. But in order to create new attacks, there is no need for new animations, only clever use of current ones. PSO did it very well without the need of new animations, and PSU can do it even better, seeing as every striking weapon has no fewer than 4 extra combo animations, the highest count being around 12 animations for one weapon! (swords, for example, have the regular combo and 3 PA's that gain 3 combos)

Technics could just be altered in speed and special effects. I wanna see Barta move at the lightning speed it did at Lv 26-30 from PSO. Or maybe a giant Diga that collides and creates a Rafoie effect lol

I actually had a thought about how they could do it the lazy (AKA the Segac) way for certain rares, just make that rare have a unique PA that you can only use when it is equipped. For example, the Lavis Cannon's beam slashes.

I'd much prefer Remius's method, but with this they could implement it into the current system.

Is it that the rare weps dont have effects that make them feel rare or is it that the weps themselves are not rare enough?

I vote that we make all "S" rank wep can not be sold in player shops like the spheres from the past events. Then we would have to work for our rare weps rather than buy them from other people.

Idk it might help out with the over population of "S" rank weps and such...
    It has to be true. . . I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaDragoon View Post
    I actually had a thought about how they could do it the lazy (AKA the Segac) way for certain rares, just make that rare have a unique PA that you can only use when it is equipped. For example, the Lavis Cannon's beam slashes.

I'd much prefer Remius's method, but with this they could implement it into the current system.
    ...thats EXACTLY what i explained like a page ago lol.

But yeah, that would be the simple and effective way of doing it.

blame the world's monetary system for preventing companies to share their ideas together. in the long run sega cares about money which is why it sucks compared to PSO. to save money

Sorry, but after Shadow the Hedgehog, i wouldn't want to share ideas with Sega of America either.

Random "Nice" Swordsman Calsetes's Avatar

So.... I'm probably the only one here who actually tries to take different weapons of the same style in with me into battle in PSU, right?

Yeah, having 6 Pakudas makes you seem cool and all, but I don't need any motivation to take this along with me as my main class / weapons (as an example):

Fortefighter:

1 De Ragan Slayic (since I'm too poor for a Slayer)
    1 Kan Yu
    1 Apocalypse / 1 Varista (probably swapped out for my new Ruby Bullet)
    1 Blackheart / 1 Python
    1 Tiga De Ragac
    1 Two-Headed Ragnus

Yeah, damage on them isn't amazing (especially since they're all unground), but it gives me enough variety in the game to be happy. Then again, I'm from the school of thought where you don't need overpowered rares to make a game good. If they added a bunch of this stuff to the game (which like others said they won't do, as it'd require WAY too big an overhaul), it would quite literally completely unhinge the gameplay even more than it is now.

They could do a few small things that would still keep people interested in these "rares" in the game here that would require a lot less coding -

1. Give two-headed ragnuses level 1 burn. They're on fire, make them light enemies ablaze.

2. De Ragan Slayer - there's a set bonus already for it, why not let it do a bit more damage to De Ragan or, if that's too hard, make it ice only, and give it level 1 freeze at a low chance.

3. Germinus Gun - the name kind of gives me an idea, make it have a low-level poison effect (not virus, as that's obtained via bullets).

That's just a small example of expanding on what they've already done in-game, and theoretically would be more doable in that sense. If having "special abilities" on rare items made everyone ant them, then why does no double-saber-wielders use Sweet Death, which puts enemies to sleep when they use them?

As a side note, as for the rarity of finding them and all, I just have this to say:

I found a Durandal in the old old Version 1 Dreamcast PSO, and it had quite literally NO special looks or abilities (that I could remember), aside from the blade switched from green to..... yellow, I think? That made me happy enough to use it. In fact, after I found that, I pretty much used nothing else except that, and maybe a Varista (which again looked the exact same as every other handgun except the "photon parts" changed colors). Never did see anyone with a Lavis on the original, but I did see one person with a Heaven's Punisher on either Dreamcast V1 or Gamecube, but was pretty certain he hacked it, as he had that air of an ass to him (joined a Normal difficulty game at level 100, wouldn't stop killing everything before I hit it, and when asked to slow down a bit, gave me a "screw you, I do what I want" answer). I did get a Lavis myself though, legitimately. Took a long time though.
    Stupid, stupid rat creatures!

Quote Originally Posted by Calsetes View Post
    So.... I'm probably the only one here who actually tries to take different weapons of the same style in with me into battle in PSU, right?
    I actually only keep one copy of each weapon, so I always use different ones in-game.
    But even that doesn't prevent me from feeling like every saber is the same or every gun is the same. Really, besides a skin change (and sometimes even barely) and higher stats (which I don't give a crap for), I can't tell the difference between a Beamgun and a Storm...
    Last edited by Rust; Jun 21, 2009 at 09:38 AM.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Calsetes View Post
    Yeah, damage on them isn't amazing (especially since they're all unground), but it gives me enough variety in the game to be happy. Then again, I'm from the school of thought where you don't need overpowered rares to make a game good.
    A man after my own heart!

This is why I hate everyone bitching about this game being too easy after they chose to be Fortefighter or any other overpowered class in the first place (no offense, Calsetes, as you're an exception). I feel like telling them, "Try being an Acrotecher or Wartecher and then see if you still think it's too easy! Better yet, try being a Newman melee fighter! That'll give you some challenge right there! (Speaking from experience)"
    Phantasy Star Portable 2 characters:

Kinako-Level 76 Female Human Force
    Koji-Level 64 Male Beast Hunter
    Rinia-Level 15 Female CAST Ranger
    Nova-Level 7 Female Newman Hunter

I do miss the extra attack option, but I feel like the photon arts and precise timing attacks have essentially replaced those functions. One thing I have to say I am glad to say was updated from PSO to PSU is directional combat.

I threw my DC and v.2 together over the weekend and decided to play around with it for the nostalgic feel, and I have to say the combat overhaul for PSU is hard to step back from. I'd forgotten about the fact that once you start your melee chain, there is no changing direction. That makes it really easy to get yourself jimmied.

I have to say, in the original I found myself preferring swords and slicers because my enemies would tend to wander, and those weapons tended to compensate on their own for that. Now that I can change directions more readily, I find myself using spears, sabers, and daggers a lot more.

I will agree that the PSO rare weaponry have a much larger cool factor than the newer weapons. I find myself collecting things like the Varista and Durandal Replica, wishing there were similarly styled new weapons AND that the old weapons all carried over. My favorite being the Infernal Bazooka.
    BURST!