Page 340 of 683 FirstFirst ... 240290330337338339340341342343350390440 ... LastLast
Results 3,391 to 3,400 of 6822

I play ultimate frisbee in school. We had a game yesterday, outside. It was 20 degrees, with 25mph winds. Even today, my fingers felt weird, and it wasn't helped by the fact that there was another game today. Today wasn't as bad thanks to the wind dying down, but still.

Outdoor winter sport = shit idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by loukaras View Post
    PSO-World is a game?

So, having the heat on is drying out my throat every night, and for most of every day, too. No matter how much water I drink, it doesn't get hydrated. I know I'm not getting sick, since it's not "sore", and I don't have any other cold symptoms, so it's got to be the heat.

I'd rather just use an extra blanket than not be able to swallow in the morning. Hopefully it warms up soon...which it will. It's only (subjectively) cold in Florida for about 2-3 weeks a year.

I need to move to Florida in the winter.

Good implementation or bad implementation, DRM sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Good implementation or bad implementation, DRM sucks.
    Evidence to the contrary:

DRM =/= All Anti Cheat/Piracy measures

DRM, as I understand it, would be limiting the number of times a game can be installed or preventing a game from running if the user does not have internet connection. This sucks, period. My laptop does not have constant Wi-Fi connection, for instance.

The video above would be an anti-piracy measure. It does not prevent the user from playing the game. Rather, it lets the user demo the game but, upon detection, has fun with them. Interesting examples (from Wiki, since it's worded well):

EarthBound (Mother 2) for the SNES, in addition to showing warning screens and drastically increasing the number of enemies, deliberately crashes itself at the final boss fight forcing the player to reset the game; upon attempting to reload the game, the player's saved games are deleted if the copy is detected to be unauthorized.

MegaMan Operate Shooting Star has anti-copying code that causes every step the player takes to reveal an enemy, in an unauthorized copy.

Metal Gear Solid and many other computer games require a piece of information from the game's jewel case for the player to progress after a certain point, making unauthorized copies effectively worthless without the original jewel case; however in the present day, said information can be easily be found on the Internet.

All of which are fun ways to decrease piracy, but do not fall under the DRM umbrella. DRM sucks.
    How can I possibly put a new idea into your heads, if I do not first remove your delusions?

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slidikins View Post

DRM, as I understand it, would be limiting the number of times a game can be installed or preventing a game from running if the user does not have internet connection. This sucks, period. My laptop does not have constant Wi-Fi connection, for instance.

The video above would be an anti-piracy measure. It does not prevent the user from playing the game. Rather, it lets the user demo the game but, upon detection, has fun with them. Interesting examples (from Wiki, since it's worded well):

EarthBound (Mother 2) for the SNES, in addition to showing warning screens and drastically increasing the number of enemies, deliberately crashes itself at the final boss fight forcing the player to reset the game; upon attempting to reload the game, the player's saved games are deleted if the copy is detected to be unauthorized.

MegaMan Operate Shooting Star has anti-copying code that causes every step the player takes to reveal an enemy, in an unauthorized copy.

Metal Gear Solid and many other computer games require a piece of information from the game's jewel case for the player to progress after a certain point, making unauthorized copies effectively worthless without the original jewel case; however in the present day, said information can be easily be found on the Internet.

All of which are fun ways to decrease piracy, but do not fall under the DRM umbrella. DRM sucks.
    Yeeeah it's funny you bring this up, when in another thread DS flashcard emulation was brought up.

Anti-piracy in DS games did this a LOT to keep people from truly realizing they didn't break the anti piracy, unfortunately I guess you could say a forum thread with 40 people in it is plenty of testers for one or two guys to break the anti-piracy on pretty much every new game release within days.

I remember for the legend of zelda spirit tracks, you'd be playing the game just fine till you get to the world map for the first time, then suddenly you don't have control over the train anymore so you can't go anywhere. Turns out the GUI to control the train is taken out. It was soon patched though.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Quote Originally Posted by Slidikins View Post

DRM stands for Digital Rights Management. It's any piece of technology that determines your ability to use and access a piece of digital content: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_rights_management

Anti-piracy measures, such as deliberately making a game less-playable when it's detected to be an illegitimate copy (such as the invincible, incredible, unstoppable scorpion man seen in Serious Sam 3) very much falls underneath the umbrella of DRM.

See, when Mike said "DRM sucks", I thought he meant this one. Suffice to say, I was confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Outrider View Post
    Creative anti-piracy measures like this are always interesting but when a single player, offline game requires a connection to a server, that currently (or was when I originally posted) happens to be down, to start, I am not happy.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG OLAF View Post
    See, when Mike said "DRM sucks", I thought he meant this one. Suffice to say, I was confused.
    I had no idea there was a Japanese group by the same name.

The Mars Volta, a Progressive Rock band whose songs have cryptic lyrics, Trippy Music, and lengthy Tracks are releasing a new LP, and a Single to go with it in March. That's great news. I love those guys. I'm willing to say they're my favorite band. The Single will be released alongside some baseball game, and will be featured in said baseball game.

...What? Of all the Games they could have put a song out on, it had to be a Sports game? I don't think I like that. I understand Musicians gotta make their cheddar , but why a Sports game of all things?

I know, I know, it's a bit petty of me. I am excited to hear about their new album though.