Page 40 of 683 FirstFirst ... 30373839404142435090140540 ... LastLast

things that piss me off..

racists
    sexists
    homophobes
    hypocrites

in a nutshell.

i could go into detail but that pretty much sums it up.
    My life is much more groovy than love.
    My PC/PS2 characters R.I.P 8/27/07 - 3/31/10
    Runa Newman F : lvl 170 | Fortetecher: 20//Masterforce: 20
    Cocoruru CAST F : lvl 170 | Acrofighter: 20//Fighgunner: 20
    Asuka Beast F : lvl 170 | Fighmaster: 20
    Ruru CAST F: lvl 110 | Gunmaster: 20

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin_Cooper View Post
    That reminds me, standardized testing, more like standardized waste of my fucking time.
    I agree.

Also College Board for losing my test scores on several occasions, not sending in my scores to colleges even though they were SUPPOSED to be sent in mid-June, and now it is just a few days shy of November and they still have not sent it in.

Good bye chances of early admission!

I guess community college is okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Leviathan View Post
    I agree.

Also College Board for losing my test scores on several occasions, not sending in my scores to colleges even though they were SUPPOSED to be sent in mid-June, and now it is just a few days shy of November and they still have not sent it in.

Good bye chances of early admission!

I guess community college is okay.
    1. How can they lose your test scores? That is mega bogus to the max, since that's kind of what the damn College Board is for. :<
    2. Regular admission? I know HS counselors make it seem like a now or die prospect, but there's always next semester?
    3. Lots of people hate on CCs, but it's a smart way to save money and cover basic college courses. Especially if you're just going to get whacked with the big lecture hall + TA thing at a 4-year (not a 100% certainty, of course, but fairly common).

I can't think of anything worth noting in the piss off category today.

Old people + new technology.

It's like some sort of completely alien and volatile thing - even with some of the older people that have been using PCs for years, something like a cellphone comes along, and it appears to be some delicate and fragile thing that, in one wrong button press, you'll open up Pandora's Box.

The same people that see a banner advertisement of a shaking Windows 98 message box telling them that their computer is infected... And they believe it, click on it, fall for it, and somehow... Have no idea where something went wrong. The same people that believe those stupid e-mails going around saying the Federal Government has mandated that all laptops have tracking devices in them, despite that there's an image of a desktop Mac in the e-mail, and believe it.

My dad is just over three times my age. He complains that there's something wrong with his bank's website (which a friend of his is one of the higher-ups at said bank), because he has to scroll left and right to read all of the cells displayed on his statements. It didn't once occur to him that the problem might be that his resolution is 800x600 (yeah, really), but that it must obviously be a flaw in the website itself.

Lets not even get into the part where he got a cellphone.

Like trying to teach artists to be programmers, this is roughly the same as trying to thread a needle with a brick.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

800x600, oh man that's BEAST! Those were the days...

Ideal Diablo 2 resolution!
    #1 International MAG+ TA Champion in PSU. Co-Founder of Royalz

What pisses me off...
    A girl saying we cant..hang out because I don't like to cuddle.
    Wtf.

Another thing, I hate it when I'm driving, and people honk because they recognize you from somewhere.
    It doesn't totally bother me, but when I'm trying to drive, and I hear that, I look everywhere being like "huh, wut".
    It happened twice today.
    Last edited by Volcompat321; Oct 29, 2009 at 03:38 PM.

when you get dumped and then get home and your dog died and now you have over 1k $ worth of medical bills you cant pay
    Last edited by -Crokar-; Oct 29, 2009 at 03:43 PM.

Wow, well, that tops mine.
    Though I didn't get dumped, yet.
    And my dog died over 2 months ago. :/

Quote Originally Posted by -Crokar- View Post
    when you get dumped and then get home and your dog died and now you have over 1k $ worth of medical bills you cant pay
    That's actually a really strange scenario to be pissed off about, of all emotions.
    #1 International MAG+ TA Champion in PSU. Co-Founder of Royalz

Quote Originally Posted by astuarlen View Post
    1. How can they lose your test scores? That is mega bogus to the max, since that's kind of what the damn College Board is for. :<
    2. Regular admission? I know HS counselors make it seem like a now or die prospect, but there's always next semester?
    3. Lots of people hate on CCs, but it's a smart way to save money and cover basic college courses. Especially if you're just going to get whacked with the big lecture hall + TA thing at a 4-year (not a 100% certainty, of course, but fairly common).

I can't think of anything worth noting in the piss off category today.
    Two of the colleges I applied to would give me a nice grant + scholarship since our family makes under $60,000 per year.

I can go for regular admissions but low test score doesn't look good. I called College Board, they had my test score they just sent it to places they THOUGHT I picked. They must be sexist or something, they never sent it to Texas Women's University after I called them twice about it.