Page 64 of 683 FirstFirst ... 14546162636465666774114164564 ... LastLast

The whole "I'm not trying to get in a relationship" excuse doesn't make sense to me. I enjoy being single OR in a couple, it's whatever happens. It almost feels like you guys have this ideology that you have to TRY to earn these things. You don't.

If it's meant to be, it'll naturally come.

Also, a person with a shoddy car and a guy with a nice car, nothing is known about their personality. Awesome test!

I guess if there's a big breasted chick with fantastic curves and gorgeous hair that's very cleansly that I don't know a damn thing about versus a dirty chick with no sense of style that appears very emo and unshapely that I don't know a damn thing about, it's a HUGE surprise that'd I'd take more of an initial attraction to the first, right?

This is such denial. It's as if some people think that EVERYTHING isn't based on first impressions. You don't have to be a hot movie stud to get an "ideal" girlfriend. That's like going to a job interview in raggedy jeans with a white muscle shirt on and claiming it's unfortunate that they give the guy with a suit and groomed hair an initial better shot at the job. C'mon!
    Last edited by DreXxiN; Nov 15, 2009 at 11:12 PM.
    #1 International MAG+ TA Champion in PSU. Co-Founder of Royalz

Quote Originally Posted by DreXxiN View Post
    The whole "I'm not trying to get in a relationship" excuse doesn't make sense to me. I enjoy being single OR in a couple, it's whatever happens. It almost feels like you guys have this ideology that you have to TRY to earn these things. You don't.

If it's meant to be, it'll naturally come.
    I don't entirely agree with that, but I'm not saying you're wrong. I've just never seen the whole "it'll happen naturally" thing as plausible. What about someone who can't function correctly in society? Someone that can barely speak to another person? How does it "naturally come" to someone like that?

Once again: not saying you're incorrect, Drex; it's just that I just don't see that option for everyone.

Also, a person with a shoddy car and a guy with a nice car, nothing is known about their personality. Awesome test!

I guess if there's a big breasted chick with fantastic curves and gorgeous hair that's very cleansly that I don't know a damn thing about versus a dirty chick with no sense of style that appears very emo and unshapely that I don't know a damn thing about, it's a HUGE surprise that'd I'd take more of an initial attraction to the first, right?
    Hey, I didn't organize the study; I just watched the program. But, yes, I agree: it was a stupid set-up.

I'm just saying it's not a plausible test to put a finger on the way society acts. Anyone who buys into that test is rather shallow, in my opinion.

I don't entirely agree with that, but I'm not saying you're wrong. I've just never seen the whole "it'll happen naturally" thing as plausible. What about someone who can't function correctly in society? How does it "naturally come" to someone like that?
    Ok, let me make myself clear because I might get flamed if people don't understand this: I'm not saying life is equal for everyone. A lot of things don't "Naturally come" to the disabled, which is unfortunate and unfair. But what I'm trying to say is that the comparisons made in the study that was broadcasted are things that come into effect everywhere, not just in relationships. So being that it's not specifically associated with relationships, I just don't really understand why it was brought up.

Yasminkov Fanboy Waki Miko Syamemaru!'s Avatar

It's all about instict anyways. To put my cards out on the table, yea I am the most jaded person about dating. When I see a comedy go into "Romance Mode" I cringe like vampires cringe during sunlight hours. If I see a couple sharing a drink while holding each others hands I gag. Yes folks love makes me want to vomit. I'm glad I'm single. This means I can act how I want, do what I want, buy what I want, and satisfy whatever boredom I have. Sadly I won't get into the act of doing a little "backdoor plumbing" or "Carpenter Work" (if you catch my drift) with a significant other. But, like a wise man once said "Oh well, guess your shit outta luck there kid!". And that my friends, is why friends don't let friends drive while they're heads are in the clouds.

Now if you excuse me, I've got an excorcist to call. Apparently I've got a little problem with one of my "residents". Seems being killed in a war and unable to see his fiancee for the last time makes him all clingy. God what a pain in the ass...

^ Good for you, and I'm glad you're happy with that lifestyle!

I'm pretty much indifferent about everything, so I don't care what my marital status is. I have no problems with people being happy being single, but the reasoning for some of it is just absolutely absurd at times.

Quote Originally Posted by DreXxiN View Post
    Ok, let me make myself clear because I might get flamed if people don't understand this: I'm not saying life is equal for everyone. A lot of things don't "Naturally come" to the disabled, which is unfortunate and unfair.

Ain't that the truth. Oh, well. Like I said: I'm pretty much giving up for now (and probably for a good chunk of my life). I need to focus on other things as it stands right now, seeing as I just got my first job, and need to put all my concentration on keeping it.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG OLAF View Post
    Ain't that the truth. Oh, well. Like I said: I'm pretty much giving up for now (and probably for a good chunk of my life). I need to focus on other things as it stands right now, seeing as I just got my first job, and need to put all my concentration on keeping it.
    For sure, man. Best of luck. Stuff like that should never be rushed. If you ever feel that, instinctually, relationships are the LAST thing you should worry about, then you are probably right, otherwise it would go to hell anyway.

Yep! Ya gotta respect someone with they're lifestyle choices! I'm not a baby factory for Christ's sake!

Well to get back on topic, you know what pisses me off aside from previously mentioned? Cereal is too damn expensive! I mean, I freakin love Cinnimon Toast Crunch! Lower it a dollar at least, Jesus!

Quote Originally Posted by Waki Miko Syamemaru! View Post
    Yep! Ya gotta respect someone with they're lifestyle choices! I'm not a baby factory for Christ's sake!

Well to get back on topic, you know what pisses me off aside from previously mentioned? Cereal is too damn expensive! I mean, I freakin love Cinnimon Toast Crunch! Lower it a dollar at least, Jesus!
    I'm not a baby factory either; gotta love protection!

*Ahem* Anyway. I have a non-profit dollar store around here that sells a box of uber-generic Cinnamon Toast Crunch that is actually pretty damn comparative to the real thing for..you guessed it, a buck. =P

I miss my dollar store. They sold a wide variety of Arizona cans for a straight up buck. Got run out because the landlord was a greedy fuck. They were so nice too...