Page 82 of 683 FirstFirst ... 32727980818283848592132182582 ... LastLast

I think everything that has to do with race is bullshit... We're all just a bunch of idiot humans. No one more, no one less. Skincolor irrelevant.

It does piss me off when people assume you're racist for making the slightest remark of dislike for someone of a different color, though, especially if you couldn't be less racist...

...Which also brings me to the fact that quite many call the American Godzilla movie "racist" for including a Japanese guy eating noodles and watching sumo wrestling. And for starting every French man's name in it with "Jean-". What's funny about both of these is that they are mere stereotypes of folk groups, and actually have nothing to do with race -- hence it isn't racist. So... people like that piss me off as well. So over-sensitive. Same with everyone who thinks a movie made by a white person is racist for not including a black person in it.

...I don't think anyone has called Fresh Prince of Bel Air racist for not including many white people. It's like people are just trying so, sooo fucking hard to be the opposite of the people who in ancient times enslaved blacks, or people in the '50s who severely looked down on black people -- which is just so fucking lame. Live now, fuckers, and just treat everyone equally yourself. But besides that, focusing so much on races kind of makes you a partial racist yourself. Because then you aren't looking at them as mistreated humans; you're looking at them as a mistreated race. Period.

Oh, and by the way, to get back to stereotyping... the only French band I listen to have someone called "Jean-Michel" in it. So I, too, would probably make that stereotype if I made a movie that included a French guy. :P
    Last edited by Epically Leet; Nov 30, 2009 at 11:46 PM.
    ...Rest in peace, ol' chap. :'(

Being so distracted to not fiish my own goddamn se-

oh hey a penny!

"It looks cool this way, let's stop."

Your own goddamn whaaaa?

New pet peeve: Me always posting unfinished comments (because I don't quite make up my mind immediately, but thinks so and just goes for it), making me have to edit them while people can see what I don't want them to see.

Well. I lose my attention too quickly to finish my sentence, or let alone my work all due tomorrow lolol :|

"It looks cool this way, let's stop."

Sorry, I really should have understood that.

My brain likes to not function well in the mornings.

I hate it...

Yasminkov Fanboy Waki Miko Syamemaru!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kent View Post
    On that note: Blatantly racist people who accuse me of wrongdoings because of my skin color.

No, I didn't enslave anyone.

No, I didn't steal anyone's land.

No, I didn't rape and pillage my way through your towns.

I understand if you're randomly upset about things that never happened in your lifetime and may have inconvenienced your ancestors greatly. I'm not saying it was right, because it certainly wasn't - but I didn't do it. You have no right or reason to throw the blame on me.

Just because people identify someone as "white" (regardless of what they may actually be) doesn't mean that persecuting them because of that perception isn't racism, and it also doesn't mean that it's justified for anyone to do so.
    "Dem whities always keepin da black man dahn!". Yea I heard that BS alot when I was livin in Southern Jersey. Pissed me off because the people who said it was collectin welfare and blowin it on drugs. They were also some ignorant fucks as well. Everyday I hoped that'd they would just drop dead or the dog would kill em. But that sorta thinking gets me labeled as a racist or some nonsense. Speakin of which, I got called a racist today because I said "Man I sho' could get me somma that fried chicken! I'm fuckin' stahvin!".

Now let me explain something. I have a thing where I sometimes "southernize" my words. Sometimes I sound "black" to other people (by other "people" I mean the upper rich white folk that live by me). But thats just how I talk. I can't stop that sorta stuff. It's just how I am. Also I had said fried chicken today, it was good. Nay, DELICIOUS!

Being a white southern boy myself, I can safely say that fried chicken is a staple food around here, and you don't have to be black to appreciate it. And I'll be damned if macaroni and cheese and mashed potatoes aren't just as viable.

My FFXIV:ARR Lodestone Page
    3DS Friend Code: 0318-8097-4335
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Hearthstone

...I want some fried chicken now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Waki Miko Syamemaru! View Post
    "Dem whities always keepin da black man dahn!". Yea I heard that BS alot when I was livin in Southern Jersey. Pissed me off because the people who said it was collectin welfare and blowin it on drugs. They were also some ignorant fucks as well. Everyday I hoped that'd they would just drop dead or the dog would kill em. But that sorta thinking gets me labeled as a racist or some nonsense. Speakin of which, I got called a racist today because I said "Man I sho' could get me somma that fried chicken! I'm fuckin' stahvin!".

Now let me explain something. I have a thing where I sometimes "southernize" my words. Sometimes I sound "black" to other people (by other "people" I mean the upper rich white folk that live by me). But thats just how I talk. I can't stop that sorta stuff. It's just how I am. Also I had said fried chicken today, it was good. Nay, DELICIOUS!
    I spent eleven years living in Mississippi. I'm pretty sure you're not allowed to express any sort of distaste for another person unless s/he's the same race as you, or you'll forever be pidgeonholed as "that racist white guy." Naturally, if you're not seen as white, this doesn't apply at all.

I specifically recall reporting to the principal of my school that there were quite a few other kids making unprovoked racist remarks and actions toward many of the "white" students, only to have it brushed off as people "just joking around," when if a non-white student reports the same level of discrimination against them? Suddenly, the students reported are being pulled out of classrooms and given a stern talking-to.

It's a sickening double-standard that really doesn't help when it's compounded with just how bad the school system itself is.

PSA: Never let your children attend schooling in Mississippi. Hell, it's probably a good idea to just stay out of Mississippi, in general. Worst-quality educational system in the US, and highest teen pregnancy rate in the US? It's literally not possible to have kids there and it be a good idea.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

Quote Originally Posted by Epically Leet View Post
    ...Which also brings me to the fact that quite many call the American Godzilla movie "racist" for including a Japanese guy eating noodles and watching sumo wrestling. And for starting every French man's name in it with "Jean-". What's funny about both of these is that they are mere stereotypes of folk groups, and actually have nothing to do with race -- hence it isn't racist. So... people like that piss me off as well.
    The stereotypes in that movie just made me a laugh a lot (genuinely, not out of pity). The French guys all being called "Jean-" something, as well as the breakfast time where Jean Reno grabs a donut and says "No croissant?", then swears about the coffee, were most excellent. When they chew bubble-gum to seem "more american" definitely killed me.

Stereotypes can be very humorous, yes. Especially when you throw them in whenever you can.

Was most likely done for the humor, too, which makes it even more stupid to call the movie racist for it.