Page 615 of 683 FirstFirst ... 115515565605612613614615616617618625665 ... LastLast
Results 6,141 to 6,150 of 6822

Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    That's never easy to deal with...I remember wondering if my dad was ever going to awaken from a diabetic coma. Hope your dad recovers quickly. Let it be a reminder of how precious and short life is.
    He's doing okay now, they upgraded him to serious but stable condition. He made it through the night so that's something to be happy for in itself.

I've had so much support from my co-workers and my friends that it's making it easier to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by Ami View Post
    He's doing okay now, they upgraded him to serious but stable condition. He made it through the night so that's something to be happy for in itself.

I've had so much support from my co-workers and my friends that it's making it easier to deal with.
    That's great. Glad to hear it. Definitely take that support to heart and be happy for it while your dad recovers. My best to him and you.

Cold as winter, guns of summer. Point and watch them run.
    Which PSO-W Member Are You?

We figured out my dog's got lymphatic cancer, and we're in no financial position to put him through surgery...Not really sure what to do at this point. Apparently he's got about 6 or so months left if we can't do anything.

That really sucks, Lis...I'm sorry to hear that. Wish I could help out somehow :\ Always here for ya in any way I can.

So, it seems there's trouble in paradise now. My new job has been a rocky slope for the past month. Now I'm suddenly put in a different position, and... Less hours? Okay, I figure this may be temporary... Maybe. But now I get my schedule today and... 12 hours this week? Wait, didn't I just leave my last job because I wasn't earning enough hours? Screw the fact that I'm earning more an hour, did I NOT just leave my job because I wasn't getting enough hours? And suddenly I'm making far LESS hours than my old job??? What the hell is this shit?!
    Remembering the Universe. Click below!

"Of their own accord" Enforcer MKV's Avatar
    Somewhere, being an old man again, apparently.

Oh, it feels like I'm having needles driven through my heart.

And no, that's not an emotional metaphor.

Ow, ow, ow, ow, ow, ow, ow.
    Enforcer MkX [TE/RA]: Critically injured
    Violet MkV [BR/HU]: On active duty

I thought Dad was doing so well, but apparently he isn't. Doctor called and told me he has permanent brain damage. I got to make a decision to either let him live by machine or not and let him go naturally. I refused to make a decision until the family comes in. And it's too soon to make such a big one. I just feel like shit basically.

I'm so sorry to hear that >_< That's the toughest decision anyone can make. I remember how well my dad was doing on his recovery until one day everything suddenly went to hell again...it's not an easy turn of events to deal with. My best advice is to try not to take all of this on by yourself, let it be a family decision. It's too much of an emotional burden to shoulder by yourself. I hope you find the support you need in your family and I'm wishing the best for your dad. Take care of yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Ami View Post
    I thought Dad was doing so well, but apparently he isn't. Doctor called and told me he has permanent brain damage. I got to make a decision to either let him live by machine or not and let him go naturally. I refused to make a decision until the family comes in. And it's too soon to make such a big one. I just feel like shit basically.
    I'd give you the biggest hug in the world if I could. It's not easy and there are no answers, nor is there anything anyone can say to make it better. CelestialBlade's advice is by far the best. This isn't something you can take on yourself, and I say that having had to do so in the past. Find the support you need with your family. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Cold as winter, guns of summer. Point and watch them run.
    Which PSO-W Member Are You?

Yeah, I'm not seriously considering anything until the family comes in and we all sit and talk about it.

But if I were to be honest, my gut is telling me to keep him on it for now. At least until everything is settled. I don't think he would want to go until my brother and I were settled money-wise since we are living with him. His income was the main income for the house and without it, basically homeless.