Page 617 of 683 FirstFirst ... 117517567607614615616617618619620627667 ... LastLast
Results 6,161 to 6,170 of 6822

I am rarely so infuriated about anything as I am with this logic, and a good reason of why I should stay away from social media:
    "Artists shouldn't be paid"
    "Their art is better when they suffer, look at Van Gogh"
    "I could do that if I wanted!"

No, art isn't important at all! It isn't as though someone designed the jeans you wear, the graphic on your shirt, the chair you sit on, the phone in your hand, the labels for your favorite soda, the car you drive, the books and magazines you read, and yet you wouldn't be arsed to let them feed themselves if you had your fucking way.

Van Gogh was fantastic, for sure, but you tell me one artist who suffered throughout their entire lifetime and I can give you three more who didn't, who prospered and thrived instead: Dali, Michelangelo, Renoir. I DARE you to tell me they didn't do great work, tell everyone their work was shit and see what they have to say to you. It is downright dehumanizing when you sincerely believe that artists, or anyone for that matter, should suffer because of who they are and what they want to do. And if, WHAT IF, Van Gogh had been happy? For all we know his art could have been even more sublime.

To make matters even more terrible, there are artists who believe this themselves and sell their work at a rate less than half of the minimum wage, after they spent hundreds of thousands of dollars and decades of their lives to hone their skill. Could you do the same? Sure, but you don't and won't.

TLDR: I hate people who devalue art and artists.

Meanwhile, I'm sick of freezing rain and falling flat on my ass almost every morning trying to get out to my car. It was just starting to get warmer, too.

People love to speak about shit they know nothing about, when they feel like what they do somehow deserves more merit than another's talents. I get that a lot as a female engineer in the male-dominated world of automotive engineering, when people want to belittle what I do just because I have a chest and something missing down below. 99% of the time those people haven't accomplished shit in their lives, so while I know it's hard, you can't let shit like that get to you. Ultimately they're insecure in their own lives and extremely jealous of talented, hard-working people like yourself.

For every one person who devalues your talents, remember that there's multiple others who admire it

"Of their own accord" Enforcer MKV's Avatar
    Somewhere, being an old man again, apparently.

Last three nights I've had nightmares about killing myself. Starting to be afraid of sleeping. I haven't been afraid of sleeping since I had a recurring nightmare in high school like 6 years ago. Blegh.

What in the name of the light is wrong with me these days...

Er...that's rhetorical, btw...
    Enforcer MkX [TE/RA]: Critically injured
    Violet MkV [BR/HU]: On active duty

Quote Originally Posted by Sayara View Post

SKYPE PLS
    NSA knows you better than you know yourself.
    Tax the fucking churches.

Quote Originally Posted by Enforcer MKV View Post
    Last three nights I've had nightmares about killing myself. Starting to be afraid of sleeping. I haven't been afraid of sleeping since I had a recurring nightmare in high school like 6 years ago. Blegh.

Enforcer, have you considered talking to a licensed psychiatrist? If you're finding yourself plagued with these thoughts it might be a good idea.

Arrow

If you ever want to talk to someone who goes through that same thing from time to time, just tell me. I know you, like many others, view me as more monster than man (and I may agree with you somewhat), but I'm completely willing to talk about those issues with anyone who wants to. Sometimes talking it out with a peer that is going/has gone through the same things is therapeutic.

But, yes, seek out some professional help. Personally, that never worked for me, but you're not me.
    Last edited by BIG OLAF; Jan 31, 2014 at 05:35 PM.

It would be better to talk to someone.

I came within a knife's edge of suicide twice recently. Talking to someone? Well, helped somewhat. But a little is better than nothing, or going through with the suicide.

Vaguely effeminite DS/Dice weilding Mac using Vamp Wyndham's Avatar

LK1721, I am also an artist. I am an origami artist. One thing that really bugs me is when people assume they can look at youtube and make the very difficult designs I make.
    My sig disappeared.

Ugh, I swear someone hates me. We found a nursing home for Dad to be put in, and we're almost on the way there to get him put in.

But as we were filling out the paperwork, the case worker tells me that once he's in. His pension would go to them sans some $60-$70 each month.

What pisses me off is that no one told us this at all. This is a pretty important detail when they know that his pension paid the bills. You don't just neglect this detail. So instead of couple months to figure out where to live. I probably have about 30days or so. On a tangent of that, I'm sick and tired of everyone assuming that my brother and I leech off my dad. Oh sure they don't say that, but I can tell that's what they are implying. No, Dad took care of the finances and we did everything else. You know how fucking hard it is to find a job? Really hard. And when we did have a job we would put money towards bills. I'm just so frustrated that when I think I can have a breather, something essentially puts me back at square one .___.

And why can't my sister pay me $200/month for her rent when she gets $700/month and she has no bills? Seriously. Also my mom's husband should butt out. I asked my mom to do something for me and he blew it waaaaaaaaay out of proportion. My mom and I may not get along like that, but I'm kicking your ass if you make her cry asshole.

Ami> When my dad passed, his pension ended immediately and the only thing I had to live on at the time was what was left in his checking account, once I got it unfroze. Not to mention his inheritance had to sit in probate court for an entire year before I could even sniff it. It was a really shitty situation, basically having to get the house sold in a few weeks (thank god for auctions) and finding a new place to live + moving at the same time, while dealing with college classes...ugh. So sorry to see you might be put in a similar situation. Retirement pension rules suck for the families of the payee, seems like they look for any excuse they can to fuck you out of benefits...so, best of luck to you in getting back on your feet. It looks bleak now, but you'll make it.