Page 285 of 683 FirstFirst ... 185235275282283284285286287288295335385 ... LastLast
Results 2,841 to 2,850 of 6822

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Vordex View Post
    Xbox, having to call you to tell you not to renew my shit is really obnoxious. I can link a credit card no problem online, but if I want to tell you to stop it, I have to endure 5 minutes of machine and then talk to a real person? The fuck's wrong with you Microsoft?
    Well, they love to take your money, so they make it easy. But, if you want to take your money back, they'll do their damnedest to make you give up before you succeed, by using an overly-complicated system.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG OLAF View Post
    When someone tries to debunk an opinion with fact, even though those two things don't really correlate.
    What I see more often are people promoting their own opinions either as facts or as the general public consensus.

Or simply making a statement that is factually untrue, because they don't actually know what they're talking about and instead should have simply stated their opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Vordex View Post
    Xbox, having to call you to tell you not to renew my shit is really obnoxious. I can link a credit card no problem online, but if I want to tell you to stop it, I have to endure 5 minutes of machine and then talk to a real person? The fuck's wrong with you Microsoft?
    I know it doesn't help you very much right now, but you should consider only using the pre-paid cards. I do this to avoid getting into exactly this kind of situation.

Sure, it means I need to plan ahead and make sure I pick up a new subscription card when I see it on sale, but it hasn't been a problem so far. Also, my local 24-hour CVS now stocks the Microsoft Points cards, so if I want to make a spontaneous purchase I can simply walk down the street at any time of day and buy some points.

So, I got a call from Chase Bank. They tell me I have a late payment of 217 bucks. But oh wait! I made a deferment over a month ago that was approved! Why do I have a late payment due?

So I go through at least 3-4 phone calls that goes towards collections. And they CONFIRMED I have it on file. I'm not supposed to be making ANY fucking payments until at least October. So what do they tell me after I ask if the mishap is taken care of?

"We're looking into it".

Don't LOOK INTO IT. Take that FUCKING LATE PAYMENT off my account and stop bothering me unless its to remind me about accrued interest during my deferment period!

That was 3 days ago. And you know what? They're still sending automated messages to make payments immediately on my past due bill.
    Remembering the Universe. Click below!

Damn! Forgot a Coca-Cola can inside the fridge's freezer for almost a week. Not pretty.

I recently got pink eye. IT FUCKING SUCKS!

*rubs eyes over and over knowing it's not doing me any better*
    Starter of the "Welcome to PSO-World" and "Happy birthday!" trend since July 10, 2008.

Come play PSO with me on Ephinea server!
    https://ephinea.pioneer2.net/

I love cutting the grass only to be rained out. Now the grass is going to grow even more! Summer sure is fun.

Once & forever Protranser Gunslinger-08's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tyreek View Post
    So, I got a call from Chase Bank. They tell me I have a late payment of 217 bucks. But oh wait! I made a deferment over a month ago that was approved! Why do I have a late payment due?

So I go through at least 3-4 phone calls that goes towards collections. And they CONFIRMED I have it on file. I'm not supposed to be making ANY fucking payments until at least October. So what do they tell me after I ask if the mishap is taken care of?

"We're looking into it".

Don't LOOK INTO IT. Take that FUCKING LATE PAYMENT off my account and stop bothering me unless its to remind me about accrued interest during my deferment period!

That was 3 days ago. And you know what? They're still sending automated messages to make payments immediately on my past due bill.
    Stories like this make me glad that I'm currently without a credit card. It's so much easier for me to just use debit for everything.

Ship 2 - Gatz

Eagerly awaiting Eva 3.0 MESeele's Avatar

@Gunslinger-08: Y'know, until you want to buy something online or a store's card reader grabs your code. Most banks hold you liable if your debit card and number get stolen. They'll tell you that you must have given your code out to someone, and that it nulls your user agreement or whatever. Basically that you're SOL with whatever happened to your account (obfuscating stupidity at its best).

At least with a credit card (even the chip ones), you can just call it in - banks usually have pretty good coverage concerning that. I'm lazy about payments, so I have them take it directly from my account every month. If I see something I that I don't like on my statement, I go in and fix it. With interest at 20 something percent, I don't use more than I have anyway. Having a balance is crazy. So a credit card is really no more than a debit card with more accessibility and safety, so long as you don't go nuts with it.

As for bank trouble, I had some term deposits that were coming due (not at the same bank as my normal account for some odd reason), and forgot to check in with two of them. I knew the default was for it to be dropped into my account (checked online to make sure), so I didn't worry about it. I went in later to find that I was shorted 6 grand. I asked what the hell happened, and they said that it was entered into another deposit for crap % (around 0.1% if I remember right), compared with the 5% I had before. Said I was locked out from the money for another year minimum. I was not happy, as I needed it for school. No proof though, so I was screwed. I had to take out a loan in the meantime. The internet movement by banks is all good and well, but I've learned to demand paperwork. I later learned that they were supposed to call for confirmation on what I wanted as well, which never happened. I plan on closing that account entirely, but I still don't have that money yet.

Banks are gluttonous bastards who think holding your money equates to owning it.

Why, oh why are some "adults" so unbelievably illiterate? If I ran the world, you would take a "literacy comprehension" test once you turned 13. If you didn't get at least an 80% on the test, you would be killed on the spot. There is no excuse (other than mental disorders, obviously) to not be able to punctuate, spell, and grammaticize correctly once you're a teenager.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG OLAF View Post
    Why, oh why are some "adults" so unbelievably illiterate? If I ran the world, you would take a "literacy comprehension" test once you turned 13. If you didn't get at least an 80% on the test, you would be killed on the spot. There is no excuse (other than mental disorders, obviously) to not be able to punctuate, spell, and grammaticize correctly once you're a teenager.
    Dat fallacy.

Check your privilege at the door.

Not everyone has education available to them. I'm sure many of those who are illiterate wish they weren't, but should we blame them for that? No.