Page 182 of 683 FirstFirst ... 82132172179180181182183184185192232282682 ... LastLast
Results 1,811 to 1,820 of 6822

@Vol (com) Opt: Play dodgeball!

Also...

Quote Originally Posted by Volcompat321 View Post
    Then I was thinking of maybe coaching a sport or something. Do something fun that involves hanging with kids.
    Dude, you're my hero.

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

The only point of ever playing softball is co-ed leagues. Kickball is pretty good for that too. There are some pretty good 21+ leagues around here. Drinking definitely makes playing sports more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Rust View Post
    @Vol (com) Opt: Play dodgeball!

Also...

Dude, you're my hero.
    Thanks Rust!

Crazy Awesome Old Potato Man Guy HAYABUSA-FMW-'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by amtalx View Post
    The only point of ever playing softball is co-ed leagues. Kickball is pretty good for that too. There are some pretty good 21+ leagues around here. Drinking definitely makes playing sports more fun.
    Or being a teen and nothing else WTF to do brought along with the parentals @ a company picnic.

Smash their slowball into the stratosphere.

No thank you to another frisbee with the corp logo on it.

Flash ads and obtrusive ads.

I'm not ranting about ads in general because I understand the need for them. (Well for some small/independent sites. Amazon, GTFO with ads I give you thousands a year.) What I hate about ads are the ones that are in your face and the ones that trick you. I'm looking at you here, IGN. I hate when I'm going to type in the search bar and then I can't type anything until I watch the stupid fucking ad take over the page.

I hate ads that are featured more prominently than the actual site. Which is basically when the background image is an ad, the banner images are the same ad, the box images are the same ad, the text ads are the same ad, and even the site logo is the same f'n ad.

I also really hate Flash ads, mainly because they crash the browser (which thankfully Google Chrome handles amazingly well). I always, always block Flash ads, but I usually keep regular ads enabled, and sometimes click on them to support a site, especially if the ads are discreet and interesting.

The worst ads are video ads. I really, really, really hate it when I'm on YouTube watching a trailer for a game/movie. I'm watching the trailer to decide if the game is worth a purchase, shouldn't I be allowed to just watch the trailer for the game? Which is technically an ad for the game? Nope. I have to watch an ad before I watch the trailer. Basically an ad before another ad, except I'm choosing to watch the trailer.

Eh, it's late and I'm tired.

/rant

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

My internet keeps getting disrupted ever few hours and I have to go reset all my routers. Fucking Comcast.

Oh hey there place of work.

Thanks for scheduling a meeting at 7 AM and then telling me I do not work that day even though I called TWICE to confirm that I work. Earlier this week you told me I had to work on Wednesday which I said I totally could, then I call later to make sure and then you told me I do not work that day. Oh but the day I work you call me and ask me if I will come in at 10 even though you called at 11 AM.

Thank you for canceling my hours, making me wake up at 7 on a perfectly good Saturday, missing the S. Korea v. Greece game, and most of all thank you for telling me I cannot receive anymore hours of work because I am going to college and I "Don't need the hours.".

Quote Originally Posted by Leviathan View Post
    and most of all thank you for telling me I cannot receive anymore hours of work because I am going to college and I "Don't need the hours.".
    What?! College kids need the hours most of all.

Do you have multiple bosses or something? How does that happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchup345 View Post
    What?! College kids need the hours most of all.

Do you have multiple bosses or something? How does that happen?
    The store manager makes the rules and stuff. I could probably complain to corporate though. There are 2 other people that work and go to college, they all have more hours than me. I feel like the they punish me because I'm responsible. I got into one of the best colleges in the state, I only have to pay for my personal expenses, etc.

Some girl got pregnant and they gave 3/4 of my hours to her. I thought it was really unfair since I have been there for 1 year and 10 months and she was only there for a few weeks. She later got fired and I never got my hours back.

I've applied to many other places and I used them as a reference which I think may be a mistake.

Hey AT&T: Why was I able to find the page on your site that had non-camera phones last night, but can't tonight? Now I go into your list of "all phones" and there is no option for "without camera", and the list isn't showing the "without camera" versions in the full list.

Bonus points to anyone who can link to the portion of the AT&T site with no camera smart phones for me.

Yes, I realize this could be my fault for forgetting where it was, but I'm pretty sure I saw it clearly displayed on the wireless page (non-business/government portion).