Page 233 of 683 FirstFirst ... 133183223230231232233234235236243283333 ... LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,330 of 6822

Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger-08 View Post
    Last night wasn't good to me. I am now totally aware of what was going on. Here's my second attempt:

http://instantrimshot.com/
    Much better.

It happens to the best of us sometimes.

I hate award shows. I don't get the point of them.
    Nothing is sacred. Not that it ever was.

Quote Originally Posted by joefro View Post
    I hate award shows. I don't get the point of them.
    The point of award shows is so the snobby bastards that win the awards can rub everyone in the entire nation's face simultaneously. Award shows are basically just to pad the egos of those receiving the awards in question.

That being said, I stopped watching award shows a long time ago.

I think I watched the academy awards maybe once? I just hate everything about them. I really hate how some people use award shows to justify them liking something. Example: Someone liking a movie after it won an academy award.
    Nothing is sacred. Not that it ever was.

Crazy Awesome Old Potato Man Guy HAYABUSA-FMW-'s Avatar

I really hate how some people use award shows to justify them liking something. Example: Someone liking a movie after it won an academy award.
    They like Green Bay after the Super Bowl. They been down since day after "Champ in ship?" Good ship, men.

Big section for Giants gear after the World Series. People actually checking sizes of the shirts. Or maybe, who's this guy name and # on the back? Is he good?

I'm stuck with making a hard decision. There's this really beautiful girl I work with, and well we've been good friends for the past 5 months now. By good friends, I mean I can talk to her about anything. We've gotten each other stuff for Christmas and I got her something for her Birthday. Now V day is here and she was texting me earlier and it got to the point where she told me nobody was getting her anything...so I was like "somebody's getting you something (me) you can believe that." So here I am getting her something for today and I just feel weird going to her place and dropping off balloons that say "I Love you" or a box of chocolates. Hoping maybe she says something to me because I don't think I have the guts to put that friendship on the line.
    Forget Backspacing, Delete that S***

Quote Originally Posted by Delete View Post
    I'm stuck with making a hard decision. There's this really beautiful girl I work with, and well we've been good friends for the past 5 months now. By good friends, I mean I can talk to her about anything. We've gotten each other stuff for Christmas and I got her something for her Birthday. Now V day is here and she was texting me earlier and it got to the point where she told me nobody was getting her anything...so I was like "somebody's getting you something (me) you can believe that." So here I am getting her something for today and I just feel weird going to her place and dropping off balloons that say "I Love you" or a box of chocolates. Hoping maybe she says something to me because I don't think I have the guts to put that friendship on the line.
    When she sent you that text saying "Nobody is getting me anything", she was really saying "Hey, will you be my Valentine...?"

I wouldn't go as far as chocolates or "I Love You" balloons. Those signals might be a bit strong. Just go with a little something that you know she'll like. What's her favorite animal? Get her a little stuffed animal. What's her favorite flower? Get her a little hair clip with that flower on it. Just something that lets her know that you were paying attention to the little details.
    Last edited by BIG OLAF; Feb 14, 2011 at 08:17 AM.

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

Yea, dropping L-bombs right off the bat is the wrong way to go. V-Day is annoying, but still easy. Roses and chocolates work on most women, particularly if you aren't in a relationship and expected to do something really thoughtful. Also, don't be so timid. Most of the time, women are just sitting there waiting for you to make the first move.

I really hate how some people use award shows to justify them liking something. Example: Someone liking a movie after it won an academy award.
    In all fairness, a lot of people only hear about a movie due to the buzz that occurs when it wins an award. They then wind up seeing the movie and enjoying it. It makes sense - you can't like something until you know it exists.

Quote Originally Posted by amtalx View Post
    Also, don't be so timid. Most of the time, women are just sitting there waiting for you to make the first move.
    Yeah, thats's true. I've had my fair share of women, but the one I'm talking about now seems out of my league. Ya know the one girl that everybody liked in school? Well it's like that but at work. I picked up a stuffed animal and some flowers, had a balloon that said "Happy V-day" but upon opening my car door, it flew out going straight into the powerlines. I was like..."ummm....if your power goes out, my fault" lol.

But anyway, she said her thanks and stuff, and I she asked what I was doing today. Stuff getting crazy :P
    Forget Backspacing, Delete that S***