Page 582 of 683 FirstFirst ... 82482532572579580581582583584585592632682 ... LastLast
Results 5,811 to 5,820 of 6822

Yeah he could be listening in on phonecalls.

I wonder whatever happened to media sensationalism. It doesn't get anymore sensationalist than the government spying on everything you do. That's such an easy thing to whine about on 24 hour news! Where's the 24 hour whining?

Quote Originally Posted by BIG OLAF View Post
    and call me 'racist' if you want for this (even though I'm not trying to be; I'm just being real), but I, personally, am worried about my own safety if things get out of control and do spread, as I live right on the borderline of a, let's call it, "urban" neighborhood known for lots of gun-related violence
    Yeah, that's pretty racist.

The saddest thing here is that the system worked exactly how it was supposed to. If there was ever a sign that the laws in Florida need to be changed, it's this.

ALSO: Apparently Zimmerman's brother said on the news that he hopes people don't resort to vigilante justice as a result of the verdict.

The verdict in the trial about his brother acting like a vigilante.

"Of their own accord" Enforcer MKV's Avatar
    Somewhere, being an old man again, apparently.

and call me 'racist' if you want for this (even though I'm not trying to be; I'm just being real), but I, personally, am worried about my own safety if things get out of control and do spread, as I live right on the borderline of a, let's call it, "urban" neighborhood known for lots of gun-related violence
    ...If the neighborhood is known as a place where gun related violence happens on a regular basis, and as a result you're worried about your well-being...then no, not racist.

Eh...this whole situation...I don't agree with the verdict, not with how I understand the events that transpired...either way, holding my breath for the next week or so...
    Enforcer MkX [TE/RA]: Critically injured
    Violet MkV [BR/HU]: On active duty

Quote Originally Posted by Outrider View Post
    Yeah, that's pretty racist.
    Mmmm, I disagree. It's a bad place, where lots of bad things happen every night. I don't see how me stating facts and being viably concerned about my safety is 'racist'. I would feel the same way about any neighborhood like that, no matter what 'race' of people occupied it. It just happens that this certain neighborhood right next to where I lay my head at night happens to be full of those whom would react strongly to this trial verdict business. It's not racist; it's being concerned and sensible given the facts. I actually heard (much, much more than usual) angry yelling last night before I went to sleep.

EDIT: also, from what I've pieced together at work, one of two things is going to happen within the next couple of months-

1. I'm going to get promoted to the Parts Counter.
    2. I'm going to get laid off.

There's a small chance neither will happen, but that's doubtful. *holds breath*
    Last edited by BIG OLAF; Jul 15, 2013 at 04:15 PM.

Mmmm, I disagree. It's a bad place, where lots of bad things happen every night. I don't see how me stating facts and being viably concerned about my safety is 'racist'. I would feel the same way about any neighborhood like that, no matter what 'race' of people occupied it. It just happens that this certain neighborhood right next to where I lay my head at night happens to be full of those whom would react strongly to this trial verdict business. It's not racist; it's being concerned and sensible given the facts. I actually heard (much, much more than usual) angry yelling last night before I went to sleep.

EDIT: also, from what I've pieced together at work, one of two things is going to happen within the next couple of months-

1. I'm going to get promoted to the Parts Counter.
    2. I'm going to get laid off.

There's a small chance neither will happen, but that's doubtful. *holds breath*

As someone that lives relatively close to you, I can attest to the type of area it is.
    I own many guns, and this is a reason I believe I should.

If people want to cite riots, because of one thing, then they're no better than the person they want dead.
    Eye for an eye, which is NOT justice.
    The majority of Black people want to see this guy hanged. That is not justice, that is revenge.
    Making an example of someone, not to mess with them....

Anyway, gun violence or not. I have mine, and always carry, unless I'm at work. In that case, it's in the locker or car.

I say let a person come at me or my family for being White.
    I have taken many self defense classes, and my job consists of being in many dangerous situations daily.
    I believe I can protect myself.

Guys you have to understand that the black community is angry not just because some dude shot another dude and got away with it but because of the larger issues this case represents. Stuff like how the police does not take crime committed against black people seriously while at the same time profiling them as more likely to be committing a crime.

Self defence / stand your ground trails also have a heavy racial bias.

http://thesocietypages.org/socimages...micide-trials/

So a lot of them are worried about their own safety.

(weighing in on the current conversation before going into my, in the larger scheme of things, minor vent: I feel that he could have gotten jail time had this not become a race issue, but because of the pressure put on the prosecution to lean that way, they weakened their case. This gets me on the filing of the Civil Rights suit: the crux of that is proving that Zimmerman is a straight up racist, which may not work out so well since it still brings in the same doubts from the criminal case. Now if they just went for a civil wrongful-death suit there might be at least some form of guilt placed upon him because then the main point would be he is a gun-happy, psuedo-vigilante who was told by police not to leave his car, and by disobeying he put himself in the situation where he shot Martin.)

Right then; last scheduled Utterly Profound, I get killed by an arm thrust, a couple of people see me, but don't revive. I see the last arm destroyed, so I decide to just head back to campship so I can at least get the drops; as the loading screen for the campship comes up, they defeat him. Unfortunately for me, this causes my screen to turn completely white and I am unable to get down back to the battlefield to collect the loot because I can't see a damn thing. I can hear all the sound effects, but nothing shows up on the screen, no character, no menu, nothing except for the white. Fun times...
    Last edited by Anduril; Jul 16, 2013 at 10:23 AM.

Tried baking cookies last week. They failed. After some asking around, determined that my dad had an error when he typed the recipe out, which meant I needed another cup of flour. I tried to save it by adding more flour today, but I think it was too late to work.

Went to have a piece of garlic bread loaf (bread, with garlic chunks baked into it) after work today. Before I opened it, noticed a green and black fluffy spot on it.

On my way home yesterday got stuck behind someone who thought that, on a one lane per direction road, 15-20 mph was acceptable with a speed limit of 35. Also they braked to slow down very often for no reason. Even laying on the the didn't help get them moving.
    A week or two before this, I got stuck a few cars behind a tractor on the same road that also took the same turn I took. I think that moved at 15-20mph.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

My whole apartment feels like a car that's been in the sun for 14 hours...

I want to cry...

#fuck summer #severe first world problems #I wanna punch everyone #cold shower #fuck PSO2

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Lol another "Dear Lesbian Heathen of Satan/we hate you/move out" anonymous letter in the ol' mailbox this morning. That's two in a year.

Of course, when you know it's the people that live right next door to you because they like to openly AND VERY LOUDLY talk about "the gays ruining this town" on their front porch when they think anyone who may have THE GAYS is within earshot, I don't think signing it "Anonymous Faithful Children of Christ" is really hiding anything.

Cold as winter, guns of summer. Point and watch them run.
    Which PSO-W Member Are You?