Page 679 of 683 FirstFirst ... 179579629669676677678679680681682 ... LastLast
Results 6,781 to 6,790 of 6822
    "Of their own accord" Enforcer MKV's Avatar
    Somewhere, being an old man again, apparently.

I really fucking hate this desire to sometimes just...end it.

Stop it, me.
    Enforcer MkX [TE/RA]: Critically injured
    Violet MkV [BR/HU]: On active duty

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

The last few posts are... shockingly depressing. I came in here to complain that working out hurts more than I remembered it, but I don't think that's a valid complaint anymore.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

I'd say group hug, but everyone would probably bitch at each other for not being at optimal hugs per second.

I'm someone who pretty much requires to be around emotionally warm, comforting people. However, my (essentially) one and only friend is a bit cold, distant, and stoic when it comes to matters of friendship and caring. It's not like a big revelation, either - even though she does care, she knows full-well that she's terrible at showing affection to her friends.

It's not that I don't like being her friend or anything; I do. She's just kind of hard to get along with a lot of times because of her discomfort in openly showing her emotions.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

The bitterest man in the universe.

referring to myself

I have this cute idea for a story but can not even find the motivation to write the first damn sentence.
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic25144_2.gif
    It's either real or it's a dream. There's nothing that is in between.

Quote Originally Posted by PhotonDrop View Post
    I have this cute idea for a story but can not even find the motivation to write the first damn sentence.
    Try writing the last line first. It's easier to be noncommittal to it and can be changed later, but I find it a good tool for starting since you now are answering the question "how did we get here."

Also, just because I don't feel like writing out the whole issue that's going on with me:
    ARRGAGGRGGFRAWGGDFSjfdhbgdjfaklhdhjkhhjkfdsdflkgsd fhserbhmvyhdfrvgnilefsymghjrvioyhsmfvugdzvfyfrtuie ysertzuogynertui!!!!!!
    Gonna be a rough couple of months.
    Last edited by Anduril; Feb 29, 2016 at 11:24 AM.

The easiest way to get over writer's block is to just get something on the page. Just start writing whatever. Even if the first sentence is the most basic and simple attempt at setting up the story, just put it down and move on. If you don't know how to start it, then just skip ahead and write something in the middle.

Of course, then you go back and edit, but it's always easier to take something you've already written and edit it until it's good versus trying to write it perfectly on the first shot.

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

I've always found I'm a better editor than writer. It's easier for me to go "No, that's wrong. That can be better." But if there's nothing there, there's nothing to judge and improve.

So, I try to take a logical approach. What needs to happen? What is there to describe to the reader? How can I take the scene in my mind and communicate it in words?

The worst parts are the uninteresting things that need to happen for the next scene to happen. My chapters are usually "Wouldn't it be cool if this happened?" And yes, those scenes are great. But getting to them or getting between the neat scenes is always difficult.

I want to say the best way to get started on writing is to just put something on the paper for you to get back to later. But I often find when I do that, I'm stuck with uninteresting text I cannot do anything with.

So yes. Writing is hard, and that's Bull Shxt.

Enough time has passed where I think I can articulate my earlier "ARRGAGGRGGFRAWGGDFSjfdhbgdjfaklhdhjkhhjkfdsdflkgs d fhserbhmvyhdfrvgnilefsymghjrvioyhsmfvugdzvfyfrtuie ysertzuogynertui!!!!!!"
    Deadbeat sister who took off a year ago in the middle of the night "to find herself and follow her heart" [thus leaving me with a ~$7000 car loan to pay off (being the kind brother, I had let her use my credit to get herself a car)] just rolled back in to town after finding that every relationship has the potential to be abusive whether it be with a man or woman, and everyone is just acting like nothing's wrong (before this gets misconstrued, I've never cared about her sexuality, my ire with her is solely derived from the fact that I tried my best to make sure she had some stability while she was in a bad place [she had lost a three year fulltime job, and was charged with a DUI when she crashed the aforementioned car into two parked cars, so I was using my spare time to take her to the court-mandated DUI classes and meetings, and helping her to stay sober], and her suddenly taking off the way she did was basically like her spitting in my face). She has no job, and doesn't even seem to be actively looking; she's acting like she never left. Everyone is treating me like I'm the bad guy for not wanting to have anything to do with her, and while I respect the fact that they are accepting her back into the fold, I wish everyone would lay off me. She burned a bridge with me that has no chance of being mended, and I can honestly say that I have been happy to not have her in my life this past year since for the first time in 15 years I could concentrate on me instead of having to deal with all drama she always created.
    Well, on the bright side, I worked my ass off to reduce the number of total payments on that car loan by two, and just have two payments left. That also means that I'm on track to be able to save some money for the 8 months before I start my student teaching (something I had to put off to be able to make those payments).
    Last edited by Anduril; Mar 10, 2016 at 11:18 PM.