Default Computer Question

Does anyone know a good website for common knowledge computer information?

Or if not maybe someone could tell me why my PC has all widescreen display options except for 1? I just need somewhere I can download normal resolutions for my monitor so I don't have to squint when reading everything.

I'm pretty sure that the resolutions you can use are limited by your computer's graphics card and your monitor... afaik, you can't "download" new resolutions. However, there are some tricks you can do to help yourself:

- Assuming you're using Windows XP (although I figure there's a similar way for other OS's), right-click your desktop, and select Properties. Then in the window that comes up, click on the Appearance tab. Under Font Size, select Extra Large Fonts. You can also hit the Advanced button and further tweak the appearance of the text in your window bars, menu bars, icons, etc.

- In Firefox, you can hold the Ctrl button on your keyboard and scroll up using your mouse's wheel button to increase the size of the text onscreen. I think this works in other web browsers too, but I haven't tested this out myself.

- Finally, you might wanna look into getting your eyes checked. You might require the use of reading glasses or bifocals. =x

Hope this helps you! :3

My FFXIV:ARR Lodestone Page
    3DS Friend Code: 0318-8097-4335
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Hearthstone

You can also hold Crtl on the desktop to adjust size of icons. It lets you bypass right-clicking and whatnot.

To be more specific on my problem, I used to be able to switch between different resolutions with no problem but since reinstalling Windows I've had nothing but complications. Now when I change to any other resolution from what I'm currently using, everything is smushed from the sides and is overstretched in height.

Zooming in or enlarging text doesn't help anything when my monitor is not widescreen but everything is displaying as if it were. I'm sure there's display drivers somewhere that will add more resolution options. Maybe somewhere on my GFX card installion disc but that thing is way more complicated than it should be.

Can you post a screen shot to help figure out what the problem is?

Maybe you didn't installed the graphics card drivers (display drivers), or didn't installed them properly? x.x;

Which brand is your graphics card?
    If it's Nvidia Geforce, you can get the most recent drivers from here:
    http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

If it's ATI Radeon, you can get them from here:
    http://www.amd.com/us/Pages/AMDHomePage.aspx
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

Quote Originally Posted by Ezodagrom View Post
    Here's some sausage Links
    You're my hero.

I use ATI All-in-Wonder XT 850 Platinum Pro. I dunno what any of that means but I can now record Conan O Brian with fraps and a not so long head any more. The lower resolution helps the size and quality of the video after compression tools.