Thread: Commercials

Default Commercials

I watch cartoons. Lots.

Most of the time, i just download stuff on my computer (zim, pokemon, spiderman, etc) and keep a playlist going to kill time, typically those 175mb 20min episodes. A typical half hour is 30 min, due to commercials.

Somehow, around 4am, Rocket Power came on nicktoons. ohmigawd, it felt nostalgic as all hell.

and, it got me wondering.. People don't share files online with commercials because it's perfectly avoidable. But if we did get a hold of shows along with commercials from that time (when it was originally aired), that would increase the nostalgia 10x. To that extent, I am curious though, what would it be like to say, watch Hey Arnold! complete with commercials circa 1997. Think about it. Having perfect rips of cartoon shows feels like someone got ahold of it somewhere and ripped them. Bringing commercials back really would bring back memories of the times it was originally aired.

Edit: I saw a recent episode of pokemon on Cartoon Network the other day, too. They changed Ash's voice actor. And Brock looks/sounds different. Freaky.

Maybe I'm crazy and thinking too much?
    Discuss!

"Pokemon Prove Evolutionism Is False" Shattered_weasel's Avatar
    In the ER room with the lovely and talented George Clooney.

Quote Originally Posted by Firocket1690 View Post
    I watch cartoons. Lots.

Most of the time, i just download stuff on my computer (zim, pokemon, spiderman, etc) and keep a playlist going to kill time, typically those 175mb 20min episodes. A typical half hour is 30 min, due to commercials.
    Everyone should watch Spectacular Spider-man. Any show with a 15 minutes opera fight scene deserves my vote.

Somehow, around 4am, Rocket Power came on nicktoons. ohmigawd, it felt nostalgic as all hell.
    Too bad the show was horrid. B-B-B-B-BEEFED IT!

and, it got me wondering.. People don't share files online with commercials because it's perfectly avoidable. But if we did get a hold of shows along with commercials from that time (when it was originally aired), that would increase the nostalgia 10x. To that extent, I am curious though, what would it be like to say, watch Hey Arnold! complete with commercials circa 1997. Think about it. Having perfect rips of cartoon shows feels like someone got ahold of it somewhere and ripped them. Bringing commercials back really would bring back memories of the times it was originally aired.
    Mainly because most of shows should be ripped from DvD. Either way you have websites that cater to that nostalgia factor you need.

http://www.retrojunk.com/details_commercial/8119/

Edit: I saw a recent episode of pokemon on Cartoon Network the other day, too. They changed Ash's voice actor. And Brock looks/sounds different. Freaky.
    Nintendo basically said "We have all this money, why do we have these other people doing this for us." So they bought back the rights to the show and use their own voice actors. They did the same with the cards.

You can get a bunch of commercials on Youtube too, if you put in years and write 'commercials' in the search. For some reason people make compilations of only the ads out of certain years. I was watching some of those the other week and saw a fruit loops ad I remembered. When cartoons were good on TV I'd watch them all the time, but it seems like...meh now. Even Pokemon! H8 new voices. (Yes yes I watch/ed it to unwind)
    I do agree that seeing old ads is nostagic and interesting.