Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: BLAZBLUE?!

Default BLAZBLUE?!

No topic for BlazBlue? Ya'll suck. LET THIS BE THE OFFICIAL BLAZBLUE TOPIC.

And if you don't know what BlazBlue is, go to IGN and read dat review: http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/998/998854p1.html

Got the game on the 30th of June and it's definitely awesome.

Discuss.
    Creator of Tethealla, Administrator of Ephinea.

You Need The D? Then You Need Me! Vitamin_D's Avatar

Waiting on my copy to arrive from Amazon =/. I did see you and Cracka J playing it, bastards haha. This is like the greatest year for fighting games EVER.

I pre-ordered from Amazon as well... but then the 30th came and they were like "JULY 2ND DELIVERY DATE" and I said "Eff that!!"

Went to Gamestop at lunch, bought it, cancelled my Amazon order.

All editions coming out are the Limited Edition, so there was nothing lost from buying from Gamestop... well... 'cept an extra $5 compared to Amazon's price. But I got the game on time!
    Creator of Tethealla, Administrator of Ephinea.

I preordered mine at Gamestop...never got the artbook for some reason though.

Lovin the soundtrack, one of the best I've heard in a long time.

Unlike Street Fighter 4, I am not disappointed in BB.
    Ship 2. Asra Licene - Braver. Yukiko - Bouncer
    I actually like Bouncer, you be quiet.

it's one of the worst 2-d fighting games ever created. worst character designs since
    Jojo's Bizzare adventure. and really boring fighting system with abusable loops.

the only good side to it is that the online play is better than SFIV. but such a small and
    dull roster of 12 characters leads to a lot of repeated match ups. (especially considering
    most will be using the top favorites instead of the others.)

Can't really support in terms of character design much since it's quite obvious how much of a GG rehash the characters are, but the fighting system in my opinion is far from boring. 12 Fighters isn't an issue to me, bear in mind SF4 in the arcade only had 17 selectable fighters, and most people I've seen use the Ryu, Ken, Akuma, E.Honda and Sagat, repeated matches around here are quite common.

To be honest, I've only seen problems with Rachel and Arakune, but I'm sure Rachel won't be as top tier once people figure out how to get past the little game she puts on.
    Last edited by White Midnight; Jul 2, 2009 at 05:58 PM.
    Ship 2. Asra Licene - Braver. Yukiko - Bouncer
    I actually like Bouncer, you be quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by Saner View Post
    it's one of the worst 2-d fighting games ever created. worst character designs since
    Jojo's Bizzare adventure. and really boring fighting system with abusable loops.

the only good side to it is that the online play is better than SFIV. but such a small and
    dull roster of 12 characters leads to a lot of repeated match ups. (especially considering
    Have you ever played Guilty Gear Saner? Its about the same thing, or did you hate that too?

"It looks cool this way, let's stop."

its Guilty Gear at half speed. Not bad just too slow for me. Sorry i'd stick with SF4 and GGXXAC

I owned GGX (Dreamcast import),GGXX (PS2) and was even crazy enough to buy GGXXReload (xbox originals). I got sick of that series and I'm not liking how BB looks or plays,
    the characters look like a bunch of Darkstalkers rejects.
    at least Guilty Gear had likeable characters.

but anyways its just an opinion.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saner View Post
    Jojo's Bizzare adventure.
    Can't speak for that one. Never played that.
    and really boring fighting system with abusable loops.
    I'd actually have to agree, three buttons and an eye candy button is kind of lame for a fighting game. Barrier bursts? What's that, a button to block? Seriously?
    but such a small and
    Well yeah, people mostly play the strongest characters or the cheapest characters. Only a few people take time to learn the hard or weak ones and make them deadly. Those are the true players. Small rosters aren't that bad, considering a lot of rosters had "palette swapped" movesets anyways, with a couple of tweaks. Smaller rosters mean there's more eye candy or more unique moves. Like that shadow thing. >_>

I'd like to try this game out, looks like it'd be fun.

I like how the video review was for Xbox, and when they chose to go online, it said connect to Playstation Network. Good job IGN.