THE ONE

is it true that the first version of the ep 1&2 is bugged in japan.I m french but i play on it. Do i have to by the new version?
    phil

it's no different than the current JP version. the only difference is duping is a much easier thing to do with the older version. (Duplicating rare items that is) it wasnt fixed in the US version either, it's still very possible for everyone to dupe. It's just the current working methods are less known.

if you want to play online, you do indeed have to buy the new version. unfortunatly. sonic team recalled the old JP version to try and fix the duping problem, however they failed at that attempt.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SeanX930 on 2003-02-19 17:50 ]</font>

You don't 'buy' ver 1.1.

This how it works; You buy ver 1.0, then if you to play on the US servers, or simply don't want to put up with dupers, you fill out a online form and a postman comes around and delievers ver 1.1, he then takes your ver 1.0 and sends it back to Sega.

[Conditions of exchange: You have to live in Japan or a have a friend/contact in Japan, or bought the game from a online store that can get it exchanged for you. Otherwise, your screwed. ]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Atax on 2003-02-19 19:02 ]</font>

duh atax, he can just buy the euro version or us version.

Everybody makes mistakes dude, although I now see the question been taken in 2 ways (purchase a different region or JP ver 1.1), when I first saw it I took it as him asking how he could buy ver 1.1, to which I replied on the method used to get ver 1.1.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Atax on 2003-02-19 20:31 ]</font>

Skilled Fighter

Ok, here the lowdown. The only reason to buy 1.1 or the US or Euro version is because more people play there. Duping is just as bad on the US and 1.1 version of PSO as ver 1.0, dont let people kid you it isnt. The bottom line is that a lot of thick people switched to 1.1 thinking that the duping problem would be sorted, and it wasnt.